“Rude staff, food mediocre”
Review of Cafedes

Cafedes
Ranked #633 of 842 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stopped here for lunch. Seated quickly by a waiter who asked (in French) if we were Italian, German or American. We replied( again, in French) that we were English. From therein, we were virtually ignored the entire time and it was obviously a real chore to serve us. Another large table came in after us (French family) who, after discussing the menu with the same waiter, got up and left!! Wouldn't go here again and wouldn't recommend it to others. Far nicer places, with better food.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Terrible service. Some dress code for the employees should be implemented. The food was OK but it took long time to get it. Not to recommend.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A wonderful lunch of mussels and wine. What a great way to spend a day in Cannes. Waiting time was rather lengthy, but when you get such a delicious meal, all is forgiven .

Reviewed 2 September 2013

There's nothing positive I could point out about this experience. We were 6 people dining: I couldn't eat my salad as it tasted awful (salad nicoise), my friend couldn't eat the prawns in the prawn salad. The red wine wasn't good either. It's cheap prices here, but still not worth it as I left and was still hungry.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We was hungry after a trip on an island and decided this looked like a fine restaurant.
(We really regret not reading recommendations here first!

We were met by a man who spoke one word english and the rest of the sentence in french.
It took long time before we could get to order, and when finally he told us that they didn't serve pizza before eight o'clock in the evening..... We had gotten a meny with a hole page of pizzas, but couldn't order one. Are you kidding me?
He should have given us a meny without pizza choice, or at least told us when we sat down that they didn't serve pizza at this time.

We ended up ordering carbonara and bolognese, I felt the rush and bolognese wasn't exactly what I wanted the most. We got the food quick, so that was good.
My food tasted ok, nothing special (I ordered bolognese). My boyfriend thought that microwave food from Norway taste better than this.

The table next to us ordered hamburgers which looked really good.
And they got the food quite quick!

We had a good experience while leaving. A young girl from the staff (wearing orange jogging shoes) spoke good english and was very nice and thanked us for eating at the restaurant. She deserved a star! She also served the table next to us, and I'm sure that if she had served us in the first place we would have a much better experience! No doubt!