“Lovely 2 nights at Le Cavendish”
Review of Hotel Le Cavendish

Hotel Le Cavendish
Ranked #2 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The hotel has a great location, just a short walk to the shops, restaurants, marina and beach. Our room was small but charming, and had everything we could need and with a liitle balcony overlooking the road. The staff were very helpful and friendly attending to us as soon as we appeared. Breakfast was great, especially for those with a sweet tooth, but you do have to pay extra for certain thinks i.e. scrambled eggs. The open bar in the evening is a lovely idea and there was a great selection of drinks.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I just wrapped up a stay at le cavendish during our honeymoon.

Overall it was a great experience. Most of all I want to compliment the entire staff at the hotel, especially emma, they were absolutely tremendous and did so much to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They even helped retrieve a lost cell phone in Paris and have it shipped back to our home in the States.

The complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails were a great bonus and provided an excellent opportunity to meet other guests of the hotel.

Guest rooms were clean, had plenty of closet space, and were well appointed.

Only minor downside was the ~7min walk to the beach, but that was more than offset by the aforementioned positives.

We would definitely recommend le cavendish to others. It was a fantastic value.

Thanks le cavendish!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Enjoyed a three night stay at Le Cavendish and were treated to excellent and friendly service from the moment we arrived to the time we left.Our package included the beach and dinner in the harbour plus breakfast and open bar in the evenings.This has to be the best value in Cannes.If you do not mind a five minute walk to Rue Antibes or the Croissette,then would highly recommend.

2  Thank 595fussytraveller
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Location of the hotel is great, rooms were so neat & clean, breakfast was nice. Most importantly the staff were so helpful, specially Emma. We forgot our passports and she helped us a lot. I'll definetely stay there if I visit Cannes again.

1  Thank ewre c
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I spent 3 days /2 nights/ in Cavendish. My apartment was very small (uncomparable with pictures presented by hotel – what also influenced my review) with a terrace with a street view. Generally I can’t say anything wrong about that hotel. But in compare with other 4star hotels I was it seemed to me more 3+ than 4 stars. I had only breakfast per 10Euro per person, yes that is cheap and the price exactly describes the quality. The breakfast room is very small and the choice of food was really unsatisfying for me. All the food they had seemed to be fresh that was ok. On the reception are very nice girls who do their best and I appreciate their work. Regarding parking – there is a big public parking house close to the hotel. I parked on the street for free and walked few hundred meters to get to the hotel. During my stay in Cannes the town was totally overcrowded so my general experience is also probably influenced by that fact. I should also mention that Cavendish was one of the cheapest 4 stars hotels on HRS.com so the price also matters. Beach – are you really coming to Cannes to swim in the sea? I tried that. Cavendish has an agreement with private beach on La Croisette so I was there and If you want to have nice memories on that city I suggest taking that as an adrenalin sport. The small beach was totally overcrowded all services very expensive and couchettes were old and used. The quality of sea and surroundings is far below average. But it has nothing with the quality of the hotel. Generally I should say that all people I met there were very nice including guests. Hotel is quite old and that fact determines some qualities. General atmosphere is quite fine. Location is in accordance with the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomdesign
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had 2 nights here for my husbands birthday. The staff were superb and welcoming, taking time to explain Cannes to us and made some excellent recommendations. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are arranged around the central old fashioned lift, giving the feel of apartments, rather than a hotel. Our room on the top floor was a lovely size with a huge comfortable bed and a balcony overlooking the street. It was very quiet.
The buffet breakfast was just enough to keep us going (drinks, cereals, pastries, fruit, cold meat and cheese) and the free bar (6-9pm) in the evening was dangerous!!
The location was a 5 minute walk from the front, perfectly situated for the beach, bars and restaurants.
A great hotel for those who like a unique experience with the personal touch.

Room Tip: Would recommend a high room, think they all had balconies.
1  Thank KateP101
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We have just returned from an excellent weeks stay here. The room was extremely comfortable in a great central location with wonderful, friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was superb. Staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we stepped through the door and were great in answering any questions about Cannes. We hope to return soon.