“Personal service, lots of character”
Review of Hotel Le Cavendish

Hotel Le Cavendish
Ranked #2 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed only one night in Cannes. Staff is attentive and makes you feel at home. The room was small and the bathroom super tiny, but the charm and unique details made up for that. The room had a small terrace overlooking the street. There is an auto-rolldown shutter?, that keeps it quiet at night. The room rate included wifi and a happy hour from 6-9 which was a nice touch. Walking distance to the shops and restaurants. Current construction directly around the hotel make the valet service worth the money. Would absolutely stay here again if in Cannes, but would try and opt for a slightly larger room/bath especially if staying more than 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank issyluna
ChristineWELTER, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Cavendish, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your nice comments. As the building is dated 1870, we do have a difference in the size of the rooms. I suppose you booked a standard room which are the smaller ones. But we also have larger executive rooms with large marble bathrooms and the superb Rotundas with the king bed in middle of the room. I do suggest you let us know next time you come back and we will be pleased to upgrade if possible.

Very best regards from busy Cannes during Film Festival
Christine WELTER

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Loved the place! It was near all the great places without the outrageous price on the beach front. Walk and half a block and save a ton. The staff was courteous and attentive. The only down side was that they had to park my car. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ticebrashear
Reviewed 1 May 2013

It's a older Italian style building, in a French tourist area, with an English theme. There's so much good to say it's hard to start. Christine is the owner and she is in appearance frequently checking on the guests. We stayed two long weekends. We were in Cannes to help an elderly friend, and there was lots to work out. Every time I asked (and it was many times), help was cheerfully provided. There's a thousand old "charming" buildings like this in Paris -- all of them filthy. But this property is kept quite clean, which is impressive since we never saw the maids. It's been modernized, but I'm glad they kept the old elevator, which adds to the charm. The rotunda rooms are fun. And the happy hour is greatly appreciated. And I haven't even gotten to the breakfast, which is as good as any 5 star hotel in France. If you are just going to Cannes to be at the beach, you can easily walk and don't need a car. Really it's better not to have a car here, the traffic is horrible, and the crowds are thick on the croisette. We drove all weekend and went 60km (about 35 miles). Great boulangerie two blocks away. The rail station is close, and restaurants abound. The Cavendish staff know all the good ones, which are many. The good reviews are real here. I could be packed to go back in a minute.

Room Tip: Room 140 is the first rotunda room with a glassed in porch. Absolutely no noise from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this lovely hotel. It is a small family owned business and the staff are very personable. The rooms are a good size with a separate shower and toilet separate from the bathroom. The room has a couch and good sized TV. There are external shutters that you electrically operate to block out all noise and light.
The staff are very helpful with advise on tourist sites and restaurant suggestions.
Highlights of this hotel include and beautiful staircase and very old world charm lift, free drinks from 6 to 9pm (good selection of wines, beers and spirits), great restaurant suggestions, valet parking, nice breakfast included and fantastic staff - ALL of them. All in all there are a lot of inclusions in the nightly rate.
If we had to criticise anything it would be that we prefer a softer bed (but it is really not too bad) and sleeping under a quilt is just too hot. But this seems to be the way with most hotels.
We had a lovely chat with the owner during our last breakfast and she really does have a passion as a hotelier looking for return visitors rather than just making a quick a euro. We would without question choose this hotel again - you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed one night with my husband in a Rotunda room for a treat, the night before we were moving in to our new holiday apartment around the corner. Unfortunately our flight had been delayed and it was raining, late, and we were very tired and hungry and, to our horror, we had missed the bar opening times. BUT the staff parked our car, sorted our luggage and rustled us up some lovely meats, cheeses, bread and salad all served up with a cooling glass of complimentary wine in our room. We sat on the lovely rotunda balcony and enjoyed the rooftop views of St Nicolas and Carnot before going to bed. The room was beautifully furnished and comfortable, quiet and immaculately clean. The staff are just wonderful and can't do enough to help.
I had also booked my octogenarian parents in for when we returned 10 days later and they haven't stopped talking about how well looked after they were. At their age, being in a new place on their own could have been daunting but they were made so comfortable we had to try hard to take them out sightseeing! The hotel is small and intimate, not big and anonymous like many on the Croisette, therefore everyone talks to each other and make you feel welcome, but in a way that still appreciates your own personal space.
Christine also told us of some lovely restaurants, which we had not yet discovered despite being to Cannes on many occasions, and they were excellent. A real gem of an hotel and, believe me, I've been to many and paid a whole lot more for a whole lot less!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
ChristineWELTER, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Cavendish, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I will have one word : THANK YOU. I am so happy that you appreciated our place : the kindness of our staff, the nice rooms, the friendly atmosphere and my little tips !
You explained everything and I do not have much to add :)

We do hope to see you back very soon,

Christine WELTER

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Le Cavendish between 19th -21st April as an extended stay in Cannes following a business trip. From the moment we arrived the staff could not be more helpful. The room was great with double French doors opening on to a balcony. The location could not be better as only a 4-5 min walk to the sea front, harbour, shops and restaurants. I thought that the free bar was going to be a token gesture, however between 6-9pm each evening there were a range of wines, branded spirits, beers and soft drinks available for guests, and this encouraged us to sit and chat with other hotel guests and meet some great people. The previous two days I had stayed at the International Carlton on the seafront in Cannes, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay ten times more in Le Cavendish.

Hotel Cavendish - please don't change a thing as you manage to offer a level service and experience that few other hotels manage to match.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is such a stylish and friendly little hotel. The owner is Tres Chic - the inclusive bar opens for you even when you arrive late. The rooms are gorgeous - I wanted to move in. The investment into the new coffee machine is the icing on the cake. Highly recommned this lovely establishment.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BonkersBridezilla

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your nice comment. What could I add ? You even noticed the new coffee machine serving organic and fair trade coffees in elegant glass cups.
It is always so positive to see that customers notice the efforts we make to improve the hotel product. As owners of the hotel, we always think about client's satisfaction and your comments are the best rewards

Very best regards