“Lovely”

Ranked #2 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Zurich
“Lovely”
Reviewed 15 April 2009

It is a very stylish, focused-on-details, lovely small hotel. The staff is very kind and helpful. The hotel, the room were like a bijou. Bath toiletries: great.
We were told wrong about breakfast hours and arrived too late, but the staff went out of their way to accomodate us and served us breakfast to our table. I still remember the delicious baked appled we were kindly served.
Would definitely come back next time in Cannes!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Itravelling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
England
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Stayed here for two nights in April with my boyfriend, the staff are really friendly and very helpfull, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good and it's in an excellent location. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2008

When arriving at Nice Airport, the bus ride to the hotel takes about 45 minutes. The hotel is on the hillside in Cannes and looks down onto a busy little square. Except for the ground level café, there are very few nice restaurants in the direct facility, so you need to walk at least 5 minutes to the main stretch of town by the water.

I stayed in room 340, which was a beautiful, elegant and spacious grand room with extremely large terrace (which could hold 5 people comfortably), overlooking the small square. The room did not had too much ornamentation, but just enough to remind me of an american federalist rotunda. Pleasant, creative design, such as the bed placed in the center of the room.

Small negative points: no night stand directly next to the bed, no mirror ''up close'' for shaving/tweeling.

Staff is very kind, especially the man who served the simple buffet style breakfast, which consisted of fresh orange juice, eggs, bread and croissants with a mix of jellies. The restaurant/lounge are very small, but it works well for the mellow/private atmosphere they have created. The main staircase and elevator are quite impressive; it made the room feel significant once you reach it. Also, there is a nice private hall shared by three rooms once leaving the staircase.

Le Cavendish is a great hotel with a reasonable price-quality proportion (190€ double), taking into consideration that it is not directly on the coast. Especially recommended for those conducting business trips or for couples wishing to get some privacy. A younger crowd might wish to be more by the water/shopping district.

• Liked — Elegant design and spaciousness of the ''Rotunda'' rooms.
  • Disliked — Somewhat slow check-in upon arrival.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank EddieFP
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 14 September 2008

I was disappointed to read the previous review of Le Cavendish based, as far as I can see, on poor room service for a meal. Bearing in mind the close proximity of an amazing variety of eating places I am surprised that anyone staying in Cannes in August would choose to have a meal in their room!
Our experience couldn't have been more different - apart from agreeing about the lovely staff.
We arrived to be met by a charming trainee receptionist from Romania who was as helpful as she was smart.
Our "rotunda" room on the top floor was a joy. If I had to find a fault it would be the lack of air con in the bathroom which tended to soak up the glorious sunshine through its large windows, despite keeping the curtains closed.
Everything else was spot on - patio doors to a "wrap round" balcony with a view downtown and (just) a view of the sea; an open bar from 5pm to 11pm with wine, spirits, nibbles and friendly service (our waiter was proud of being the longest serving employee of this boutique hotel and couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant,) - a lovely start and end to the evening.
The breakfast is also a great treat. The hotel prides itself on a wide selection of special teas but also provides homemade preserves and, on one morning, a fantastic homemade creamy bread and butter pud alongside fresh fruit, a range of breads/brioches, cereals and yoghurts.
Comparatively expensive but well worth every Euro!!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Bathroom was too hot
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francophile28
london
Reviewed 6 September 2008

Having moved into a new house that had no internet connection, we left our trip to Cannes in the hands of a travel company. We were told that there are no 5star hotels in Cannes......not sure how true this actually is but we didn't have the means to check or to book one for ourselves. We arrived to be greeted by a lovely receptionist/concierge who checked us in, told us where to go and showed us personally to our room.

The room was clean enough but very basic........small bathroom with shower only, no bath.

After taking a walk down the promenade i couldn't help but feel disappointed that we had been booked in here as i noticed there were, larger hotels (carlton/sofitel) that looked that they may have suites or at least rooms that felt like hotel rooms rather than your grans spare bedroom.

It is of course a matter of personal opinion some people may like the ''oldy worldy'' feel but for around 300 euro a night, i like something that feels more than a 3star, which i think would be a more than generous rating for this hotel as it also had no facilties whatsoever.

The most disappointing thing for me about the whole stay was the room service.........i ordered two meals only to be called back 20 minutes later to tell me there was none of what i had ordered left (there only was around 3 things on the menu) so this left me having to get the soup.

OMG!!!! I waited over an hour for a bowl of COLD TINNED SOUP!!! It was revolting but the staff are so lovely i didn't have the heart to complain so i just left it, even though it was quite an insult that the kitchen thought it acceptable to serve something like that up. You do not need to be a Cordon Bleu chef to brew up some home made veg!!

I am now back online......thank goodness and will never leave booking a hotel in the hands of someone else again. All in all, apart from the lovely staff, a pretty disappointing experience at Le Cavendish !

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank loveibiza_8
Singapore
Reviewed 3 July 2008

I have stayed in many hotels in Europe, and do not expect much from them. However, Le Cavendish was simply the best I've stayed in Europe. I was booked into this hotel because others close to my conference venue were booked. It was a good thing that I was booked here because my friends in other hotels were not too happy with their hotels.

The reasons why I liked le Cavendish:

- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Very good breakfast
- Very good evening relaxation at the lounge with free flow of drinks and light snacks
- Very clean room
- Very good location, which is within 5 minutes from the beach, old town and shopping area

Highly recommended for anyone going to Cannes.

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 February 2008

I loved it. Cannes itself is a fun town, wonderful restaurants and views and history, though it can be a bit of a crowded, upscale version of Miami Beach from time to time. Cavendish has a wonderful, warm and accommodating staff who spoke English well and made my group's stay comfy and magical. I was in a fab rotunda room and had the time of my life. The wraparound balcony was beyond fabulous and we enjoyed many a glass of champagne out there as we laughed. Had quite a few drinks from the evening bar, and had the best pizza ever at the nearby Mr. Pizza, which I scoffed at until I saw the lines every day and tried it on my last night. Had a little deli next door, and a small supermarket at the end of the block where my group stocked up on cheeses and olives to complement our many bottles of wine. Nearby pharmacy and strong police presence. It was really a great time, made wonderful thanks to the experience at Cavendish. We walked about 10 (maybe 15) mins to the main Le Croisette strip every day and hung out on the beach, also to the great restaurants in Old Town. Fave: the antique elevator that gave me a spooky thrill every day. I felt like I was in an old French movie.

Stayed July 2007