2 people are viewing this hotel
Mette B
Copenhagen, Denmark

Coming home :-)

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Jul 2021
This year we went to Le Cavendish again (we couldn't go last year because of Covid 19). We have been staying at this hotel every year since 2013 and we just love it and it was really "coming home" for the whole family. A warm welcome on arrival, help with parking the cars, a greeting from the management in the room, and the daily "snacks and drinks hour" where we play the yearly "french tournament" of Yatzy.
Our favourite employe has been in the hotel for 22 years - and we were happy to see him again this year. Thank you all at Le Cavendish - and we will be "coming home" again next summer.
Date of stay: July 2021
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Christine WELTER, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Cavendish, responded to this review
Responded 2 Aug 2021
Dear all of you ,

We thank you very much for your nice comment . We were so happy to welcome you back in Cannes . After all these tough times, we so much relieved to see you all here . As you say, this is your second home : for us, after all these years, clients are part of our family . This is what we like in our jobs : the great relationships we build with clients stay after stay .

We wish you a sunny August in Denmark and hope to see you back very soon,

Very kind regards

£190
    £123
    £127
Free Wifi
Photo de la façade de la villa à cannes
    £90
0.3 miles from Hotel Le Cavendish
Beachfront
View more hotels in Cannes
1,116 results
All reviews beach package private beach recommend le old town lovely hotel good size breakfast was delicious stayed for nights short walk to the beach the location is perfect rotunda nibbles christine seafront riviera
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2020

We stayed at Le Cavendish and loved it. When I just called to make a reservation to return, the man who answered said that he cannot speak English (which is impossible if he graduated), however he spoke it well. So sad.

Date of stay: August 2020
10  Thank U2553PUpaulap
Reviewed 24 July 2020

Hotel Le Cavendish Cannes.
We got a nice welcome and people are nice,
but the location and hotel are not what I was expecting.
It is suppose to be a boutique hotel, but it looks old
and it needs a refurbishment.

Date of stay: July 2020
10  Thank gianfrancobianchi
Reviewed 9 July 2020

I booked this hotel with plans to stay in Cannes for one night, but on our train ride down from Lyon, there was a terrible rainstorm where our train stopped in the middle of its tracks so we got stuck at the Marseille airport with no car rentals available. Fortunately, our booking services let us know that they contacted the hotel to let them know of our situation and the hotel gave us a full refund for the stay. We are so extremely grateful for this class-act hotel who understood our circumstances. The only sad thing is that I wanted to stay at this cute hotel because I read the reviews and looked at its pictures and felt that it would be memorable to stay at this cute gem. We would like to return to Cannes and will book this hotel next time we go.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank OCTraveler777
Reviewed 14 April 2020

It’s always a pleasure to return to Hotel Cavendish with its very English decor but right in the heart of Cannes ...great location as it’s close to the Croisette and the Palais des Congress. Staff are very friendly , give you great tips for restaurants , they have nice partnerships with the beach restaurants for access to a relaxing day by the beach. The evening open bar is another highlight . Rooms are very comfortable and the stay is good value for money.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2020

After researching for an extended period of time, I had made a 5-night reservation in January for an anniversary trip in June, hoping for a uniquely special venue. I was initially contacted by them on March 9 regarding my "non-refundable" ticket to let me know that they had unilaterally kicked me and my wife out of the room that we had already paid them for. THEY KICKED US OUT 3 months ahead of our reservation in order to accommodate another conference, even though WE HAD ALREADY PAID THEM. When I followed up to confirm that I understood them correctly, they refused to respond. Then when Expedia let me know on March 31 that there was a message from them, I was informed that I no longer had their original refund offer, but that they had arranged for a credit to stay in their hotel at some point in the next 18 months, and that because I had "declined their refund offer," (which I had not done), that was all they were going to offer. As of 4/4, I still have heard nothing else back from Cavendish Hotel. So even though I have no desire to go back, and especially no inclination to go back to a hotel that placed a conference ahead of serving their clients who had already paid them, that's my only option provided by them to obtain any value for the $1200 that we paid them to get summarily booted out of their hotel -- all because of our audacity of tying up a room that they wanted to use for conference attendees instead. So since it was "non-refundable," apparently they believe that they don't have to pay us back for any reason, even though they are the party that unilaterally broke the agreement. This is absolutely abysmal service, and they seem baffled that my wife and I wouldn't want to make a special trip back to France to a hotel that didn't seem to feel like we were clients as desirable as their conference attendees, but still felt entitled to retain what we had paid them. Our advice: stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: March 2020
7  Thank JeffH522
Cavendish11, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Cavendish, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Dear ,

We never kicked you out but offered a change of dates as on March 9th, we had a major event supposed to take place end March in Cannes postponed beginning June. You refused so we kept your booking as it was knowing the sanitary situation in Europe was changing from a day to another one so badly. Then we had to close all hotels in Cannes on March 13th by governement decision . After that, we reverted to you with the "French Governement Ordonnance March 25th" allowing us to change reservations into vouchers valid on 18 months .

Just to make sure : you are giving us a bad comment just because we apply the law in France giving us the opportunity to provide a 18 months voucher in partnership with Expedia ? You certainly have heard about the Covd 19 situation all over the world don't you ?

As soon as you will be able to travel, I will be delighted to welcome you and you will then be in a position to write a real comment on my hotel.

Stay safe