Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jack R
New York City, New York

Expect to pay for the pool.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024
I was very disappointed with my stay last week in Cannes at the Canopy by Hilton. 1) The hotel advertises the pool in marketing materials but, in fact, it is not included in your stay. You must pay 20 Euros every 90 minutes to use the pool, which is ridiculous. The hotel should not be advertising the pool as this is not an amenity - but rather operated by another party that charges you access. 2) Upon checking in, I was not thanked or acknowledged for my Hilton Honors status as I usually am at other properties. 3) Upon checking out, I was told I need to pay for the "remaining half" of my stay. I explained I paid in full when checking in. And I was also charged a separate charge for incidentals that was supposed to be returned to me. The receptionist argued with me stating her computer showed I did not pay for my full stay and only half, demanding me to pay. Thank god, I did not throw away my credit card receipt as I normally do. I was able to prove I paid in full for my stay upon check-in. She did finally apologize but said she needed my credit card receipt to confirm. And if I threw away my receipt? I find it shocking that her computer system showed no record of my payment in full. Please pay special attention when checking out and retain all receipts. 4) Rooftop bar has gorgeous views but the host initially refused to seat us. Very rude staff. She said "maybe" she could accommodate us in 20 minutes although they don't reserve tables. There were many empty tables. After waiting for 15 minutes and stating I was a hotel guest, she finally sat me and my friend at one of the plentiful empty tables. 5) Avoid going in May as the Cannes Film Festival preparation has all the beaches blocked. Without access to the beach in front of the hotel due to barricades - and because the pool charged you for every 90 minute stay, this wasn't an ideal or enjoyable holiday. I won't return.
Trip type: Travelled solo
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Canopy by Hilton Cannes. We deeply regret that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Firstly, regarding the pool access, we would like to clarify that our spa, which includes the pool, is an integral part of our hotel. The fee and the limited time for the pool is a standard policy during peak times to ensure all guests can enjoy a serene and uncrowded environment. Given that we are a hotel with 141 rooms and have a limited spa space, unrestricted access would prevent guests from having a truly relaxing experience. However, we do waive this restriction when the spa is less in demand, allowing guests to enjoy the facilities without limited time.

We apologize if your Hilton Honors status was not acknowledged appropriately. Recognizing our loyal guests is very important to us, and we regret any oversight in this regard. Your feedback will help us improve our service to ensure every guest feels valued and recognized.

Regarding the check-out experience, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience and confusion caused by the payment. This situation does not reflect the standard of professionalism we strive to maintain. We are reviewing our procedures to prevent such issues in the future.

Lastly, we apologize for your experience at the rooftop bar. Our intention is to provide exceptional service to all guests, and we regret that you encountered any rudeness or delay in seating. Your comments will be addressed with our team to enhance our service standards.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

£205
    £205
0.8 miles from Canopy By Hilton Cannes
Pool
Photo de la façade de la villa à cannes
£139
0.9 miles from Canopy By Hilton Cannes
    £78
    £85
View more hotels in Cannes
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2024 via mobile

We were greeted by a LOVELY young lady at reception ( sorry didn’t get your name) and even escorted to view the surroundings.
Room was great, everything you needed.
The seventh floor restaurant was spectacular with views over Cannes, virtually 360 degrees
The spa and pool ( indoor out) Amazing, wonderful views.
Parking was full but was told to park across the road … only €19 and right at the ferry terminal to Margarite island
Coming back next year for sure 😍

Room tip: Parking Great across the road Take a ferry trip to the islands
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Camille V, Service clients/Réception at Canopy By Hilton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lovely Guest,

What a fantastic review! We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. It sounds like you truly enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

We're delighted that our receptionist made such a great first impression, and we'll be sure to pass on your compliments. It's great to know that you found everything you needed in your room and that you were impressed with the views from our seventh-floor restaurant.

Our spa and pool area are indeed something special, and we're glad you got to enjoy the amazing views while relaxing. We apologize for the parking situation, but we're glad you found a convenient solution.

We can't wait to welcome you back next year! If there's anything else we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact us !

Sunny regards from Cannes,

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Laura was very good at explaining pressure points and areas of focus in my health I need to work on in both my reflexology and Swedish massage treatments. Her professional approach was exemplary. I left feeling stress free and rejuvenated.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spa services. Laura will be thrilled to know that her explanations of pressure points and areas of focus for your health were helpful. Her professional approach is indeed a great asset to our team.

We are happy that you left feeling stress-free and rejuvenated. Your well-being is our top priority, and we are glad to have contributed to your relaxation.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more moments of tranquility.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2024 via mobile

We had a King Suite with ocean view. The bedroom and sitting rooms were spacious, updated and well equipped. There were two large screen tv’s. The hotel is located near the beach and within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Great view of the water and city. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Carmen who was very welcoming and knowledgeable. The valet parking was 40 Euros per night but was worth it since parking spots were limited. City bus stops in front of the hotel in case you need it. Breakfast at the rooftop restaurant was pretty good but pricey (free for Hilton Honor elite members), but the view was stunning.

Room tip: Avoid the Cannes Film Festival (typically in May) where the hotel prices are outrageous and the city is very crowded.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Camille V, Service clients/Réception at Canopy By Hilton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2024

Dear Guest,

Wow !Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our King Suite with ocean view. It sounds like you had a fantastic experience with our spacious and well-equipped rooms, as well as our convenient location near the beach and local amenities.

We're delighted that you found our staff, especially Carmen, to be friendly and helpful. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to her. It's always our goal to provide exceptional service and make our guests feel welcome.

We understand that parking can be a challenge, so we're glad our valet service made things easier for you.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again (very) soon :)

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

A fantastic addition to Hilton hotels in France. The staff are young and enthusiastic and Camilla is a real star who makes everyone feel special. Our king deluxe room offered a fantastic view of the marina and sea and we never tired of seeing it when we woke up in the morning. The room itself was very well equipped and quite spacious. Everything was spotlessly clean and housekeeping was excellent. As Hilton diamond members we were given complimentary breakfast. The breakfast team were amazing and the extensive buffet set us up for the day. At €35 though it seemed a bit steep if we had had to pay for it. For this standard and price of hotel we think the rooms should have a smart TV and guests should have free access to the pool.
Cannes seems to be one big building site and the area directly in front of the hotel is no exception. Extensive and noisy engineering works are taking place for the next 2 or 3 years and at times they are very loud.
Would we come here again? Definitely. A little bit of luxury and sunshine cannot be beaten!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Camille Vanlerberghe, Service clients/Réception at Canopy By Hilton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2024

Dear Sir and Madam,

What a pleasure to read your comment! We are absolutely delighted to have been able to transform your experience!

Our entire team was delighted to welcome you, and personally, I was delighted to be able to take care of you during this time. Nothing makes me happier than to know that I was able to contribute to making your experience special.

I must confess that this morning, as I made my way to breakfast, I felt a certain sadness when I realized that you weren't there. I'm already missing your smile and our morning chats with your charming English accent!

But I know you'll be back to visit us in October :) !

In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful trip to discover our beautiful France.

If you're planning your next trip, don't hesitate to contact me - experience@canopycannes.com- I'll be happy to make your next stay even more better, beetwen sunshine and luxury!

A très bientôt !

Reviewed 20 March 2024

The hotel is typical Hilton business hotel with nice spa and pool: very good massage by Deborah . I would recommend and will come back for my next visit in Cannes. I would suggest to check the serving temperature of food offered during breakfast on the top floor restaurant. Very beautiful views from up there .

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Camille Vanlerberghe, Service clients/Réception at Canopy By Hilton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

Dear Mario,

A huge thank you for your comment !

We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the Spa and an excellent massage thanks to the expert hands of déborah, our practitioner. There's nothing better than a good massage and a moment of well-being after a long day's work, isn't it?

Be sure we have already passed on your comment to the concerned department. Thanks to your feedback, we can improve every day ! Thank you !

We look forward to seeing you in the radiant sunshine of Cannes and the vibrant light of the Canopy by Hilton !

With enthusiasm,