“fantastic experience, excellent food!”
Review of La Table du Chef

La Table du Chef
Reserve with
La Table du Chef is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 844 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$35 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

it is always with trepidation that one greets a menu which is unknown... Each course surprised & delighted- a truly memorable experience...

1  Thank Denise B

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on rating and comments on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed at all , the surprise menu was excellent especially the desert . The service was very good waiter super professional we enjoyed every minite.

2  Thank roula_13
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our best Dinner in Cannes. Good service, friendly stand, delicious food and wine... An overall fantastic experience.

1  Thank iminmadrid
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

The surprise menu was fantastic! All 4 dishes were appreciated a lot by everybody in our group. The place is tiny, simple and charming. Will be happy to come back there when in Cannes next time!

P.S. personally I feel relieved to not have to choose my dishes - always struggle cause I want to try them all! Once we were set at the table - food started to arrive super fast!

I also recommend to ask for their special Rosé wine (30 EUR) that was very nice

1  Thank Marianna_Petrosyan
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Today I did the unthinkable and agreed to meet and eat in a 'so French' restaurant. One that dares tell me what to order. You see I'm the girl who is so fussy my parents tried to give me away. In fact they did give me away but I was soon sent back.

Anyway, so I found myself in the centre of Cannes at 'La Table du Chef'; headed up by grand chef, Bruno Gensdarmes' . This is his solo venture after Bistrot de l’Étoile-Niel à Paris where he had seven chefs by his side. He now (very happily) works alone in a tiny kitchen with the help of his son-in-law, David, who charmingly waits on the 20 'exclusive' tables. Not chi-chi exclusive, you just feel that you're eating in a friend's very pretty dining room; he just happens to be a friend who's very serious about food.

There is little choice but there is huge flavour, even for fussy old me. Today's choices were a delightful vegetable starter with black truffle, an avocado cream with salmon rillette and a classic 'tete de veau'. For the 'plat' the delights were either a (divine) cod with risotto or a rabbit something. I blanked when David menued the details verbally as I never eat an animal I've had as a pet. No cat curries for me.

Pudding was equally simple and delicious. A chocolate mousse or a plate of artisanal ewe's cheese with a cherry confit and crunchy, but springy in the middle, bread. Everything is homemade so for once I relaxed and didn't ask a millions questions about artificial stock etc.

I was so at home that the only thing lacking after lunch was the sofa to relax on with a last glass of wine. Maybe that will happen if I ever get invited to the ever so modest and ever so talented Gensdarmes' house.

There are limited opening times and tables so book and enjoy the anticipation. In the evening the tasty teasing goes one step further as the menu is a total surprise. And I can't wait. Life is filled with so many choices, what a joy it will be to have someone take care of my taste-bud needs. And at the same time I can cater to my vanity and not bother with my reading glasses and hiding behind a menu.

So relaxing. So good. And so reasonable.

Highly Recommend