“Always Great! Paid full stay in advance”

Hotel La Villa Cannes Croisette
Ranked #40 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Richmond Hill
“Always Great! Paid full stay in advance”
Reviewed 31 December 2007

We once again stayed at the California’s Hotel during a Convention.
It is quite normal and acceptable to pay in advance for our full stay.

Over several years, this hotel has reliably rendered consistent high
quality service. On this trip, one of my colleagues stayed elsewhere,
in a Palace. When she visited me in the Smart room and experienced
the ambience of this beautifully refurbished hotel she immediately
booked the Romantic room for next year and I booked the Smart
room again.
The room size is totally adequate for our needs. The Hotel
location is close to the Croisette and all the local amenities. We
particularly enjoyed the private pool and gorgeous well maintained
garden area.
I would highly recommend this FIRST CLASS Hotel to anyone who
value gracious customer care from highly competent
Multilingual staff.

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank beansprout1945

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2007

I must confess that I'm still puzzled by all the glowing reviews of this place, as they position this hotel as the third highest rated hotel in Cannes - but its never a 4* hotel. The room was about 9-10sqm in size, scarcely decorated and directly facing the railway with trains running literally in front of the window in about 20 meters distance. There is a small reception area with a bar, no real lounge area as such.

I've booked a room for 3 nights, but due to unforseen change in personal circumstances had to leave on the night of the arrival, checked out with the receptionist and was told to pay just for the first night, which sounded fair. After returning home I've discovered that my credit card has been charged for two extra nights in addition to the first payment. I believed in a technical mistake first so have asked the credit card company to investigate, but to my surprise this hotel apparently always charges for the full stay - no matter when the guest actually leaves. So beware: should you choose to leave earlier you will be liable for the full price. I guess the management will reply in this forum telling I've got it all wrong..

The position is good in terms of its proximity to the Croisette.
In summary - you could enjoy this if you went expecting a two star hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
13 Thank Shastar
loto, MANAGER at Hotel La Villa Cannes Croisette, responded to this review, 15 December 2007
Dear Sir
I would like to thank you for your comments,
and I would like also to point out 2 things
1/ the guests who wrote very nice reviews are not stupid and you owe them and their opinion a kind of respect
2/ in your case , you booked through an internet agency and not directly with the Hotel
we have contracts and we must respect them because we are charged high commissions on the bookings you make through them

The Hotel has been totally refurbished in 2007 with the best fabrics nad the rooms are fully equippped and we do have plasma TV in all rooms
on the internet system you booked , we only sell the Smart rooms(12sqm + bathroom) because they want very cheap rates
but if you come to Cannes again, I will offer you a free night in a Romantic room
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & MERRY CHRISTMAS
Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2007

This hotel is charming with a family feeling to it. The staff are extremely gracious and willing to help with any need. Smoking is allowed in the garden and by the pool, but it is not allowed in the hotel itself or in the rooms.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I will stay there again without a doubt. I was with my family who were impressed by the warmth of the staff and other guests. Most guests we spoke to have stayed there before and return to the hotel every trip they make to Cannes.

I highly recommend this hotel. Be sure to meet Nadia, who seems to be on duty all the time and from whom every need you have will be met!

• Liked — The staff and location
  • Disliked — rooms are a little small relative to other top-notch hotels
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Miami Beach Fla
Reviewed 9 August 2007

While in Cannes on Business I had the distinct pleasure of staying in Hotel California. It was such a pleasure to come home after work and relax. The hotel is on a hill with views to the Sea. It has a beautiful garden and pool area.It's private.The service is outstanding.. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else..

• Liked — Ambience
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank MJPD345
rosmalen
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We just returned from a fantastic holiday in the lovely hotel california's in Cannes, it is for us coming home in Cannes!
Every year we spend a week on our holiday in this fantastic hotel this year it was for the eight time we came here.
The staff is wonderfull and Nadia has become a friend!
We brought this year also two couple of friends with us, and they were very satisfied, over the charming hotel and the cleanness of the rooms and the friendly staff, and they will certainly return.
Also the pool is very lovely. And of course very important, we are only a few minutes walk away from the famous croisette.
I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — the good service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnetteRosmalen
NY
Reviewed 17 June 2007

Fantastic Hotel. Although one block off the croisette, location ideal..Great staff.

• Liked — area
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fish-hat
Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2007

My Husband and I "found " this little gem in 2004 and have gone back each year - to enjoy the tranquility of the lovely rooms , the friendly staff, Nadia is the best! Also George who takes us out on the boat. It is so close to the Croissette and yet off the beaten track so as to be not so noisy at night. The pool is lovely and the bar service is great. The only draw back is the price of breakfast - but you can go anywhere for breakfast - if you want a nice morning walk. We love the people and go back every year.

Stayed June 2006