“Better than average for its price”
Review of Corona Hotel

Corona Hotel
Ranked #99 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 11 August 2009

In general OK room and bathroom. The internet worked OK. The view into the backyard is not particularly interesting.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2009

My partner and I stayed here just days after the film festival had finished. Great location and not a bad room. Everything worked and the train isnt far away, which is a bonus. For this price in Canne it worked for us. Better than a hostel! Dont have the breakfast, no point, get outside and do what the locals do. There is a fabulose Lebanese resturant ( cant remember the name) they should know where it is. Free WIFI was a plus too!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

The positive that can be said are location and the front desk was nice. I wasn't hoping for anything beyond functional and basic, but was depressed with what I encountered . My room was dark (facing back) and run down and just in case, I slept with the windows closed to keep out mosquitos and then woke up with about a hundred bites on my arms and legs and tummy...just where my pj's were not covering my skin. Never knew until now what was meant by bedbugs - and now I know. These were clearly bites that I got during my sleep as I went to bed fine and covered myself with the bedding when I slept. Also encountered a tick in the bathroom. eee

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I stayed at Corona for 4 nights during the Cannes Advertisement Festival and I liked it a lot. it's very close to the Palais (less than 5 minutes walk), it is not noisy, the staff is kind and the bathroom is not as small as they usually are in France.
The only problems are the mattress that was not the best, the cleaning ladies that do lots of noise after 10 am and the breakfast that is everyday the same thing - croissant, coffee, jam and yogurt for 7 euros - so do not pay for it, eat something in the surrounding Boulangeries.
And don't go if you are with a car - they do not have parking and the closest public parking is 35 euros per day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We stayed at Corona for 1 night and the hotel had everything that was supposed to have for the relation quality/price. The location was superb and we could really enjoy Cannes with our mind and body relaxed! Service and rooms are very good and we'd recomend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I have stayed at Corona twice a year for past 7 years, for business. For a 2 star hotel, this is as good as it gets. Friendly staff, re-done inside (small but enough space) room, 1-2 blocks fm beach, on the main street. If you want to save money for other expensive expenditures in South of France, stay here. I have never had anything missing from my room, and although owners changed, they kept same cleaning staff, so we know them well.
If your room is facing the front, it might be noisy from people coming back from bars (weekend).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Location, right on Rue de Antibes in the heart of the action! Just an 8 minute walk from train station, downhill towards the ocean (2 blocks away). We had room #2, second floor with window to Antibes street, twin beds, separate bathroom and shower room. Problem with the shower/tub, the faucet was locked to shower mode, and the water pressure was bad, but the hot water was fine. You'll have to ask for more towels, too. Other amenities provided. Great AC. Great view. Secure. Very pleasant staff. In-room safe. Flat tv with decent channels. Desk. Free wifi in lobby. No free breakfast, but not too expensive. Small elevator. Bring a US plug adapter if needed. A little pricey, but Cannes always is, and Hotel Corona is great.
Our room was a front room, so your experience may not be as good, as the room was small, and the shower wasn't very good.
Booked through Booking.com

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)