“Convenient location, Secure hotel, Good Price.”
Review of Hotel Alnea

Hotel Alnea
Ranked #36 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Falls Church
“Convenient location, Secure hotel, Good Price.”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location! I loved that I could walk outside of the door and be right in the heart of it all. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. Some understood English very well and were patient when trying to explain things in English/broken French. The only cons I would say are the stairs (no lift) and the teeny-tiny bathrooms-we made it work. Other than that I felt very comfortable and safe in the hotel. To get into the hotel you have to be buzzed in by the staff or use your entry code on the keypad outside. Another plus is the self-controlled AC unit in each room (very nice and not always provided). They also have this cool 'Honesty Bar' where you write down drinks/snacks that you take from the kitchen and pay when you check out. They just ask you verbally and don't check with the log. I liked that they trusted the patrons with this and it gave me a very good feeling about this place. Some establishments are very strict and accusatory and I think that gives patrons a bad view of how they do business. Anyway, I would definitely visit this hotel again in the future for my Cannes travels. Keep up the good work Hotel Alnea.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The location is great for walking around the heart of the city and seeing all the sites. The staff were delightful and very helpful in orienting us to the city, recommending restaurants and answering all our questions. They made us feel instantly at home. The rooms are small, but the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is very small - not much leg room for the toilet, the sink is very high, but the shower is excellent. The street is very narrow, and it was difficult to unload the car with traffic behind, but parking garages were close and after some manoeuvring around the old town, we were able to get rid of it. All in all, a great plae, and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I really have to talk about the location, just incredibly amazing. It was just perfect so close to everything , only 5minutes walk from the beach and only 3minutes walk from the train station, seriously I couldn't ask for a better location.
Amazing and super friendly staff, a little shout out at Julien ! You were amazing thanks for making my stay a little more perfect. The owners were so helpful. Thank you guys !
The room was small, but that's just the average size for France. I didn't really care about the room that much because I spent most of my time outside, enjoying the little cafés and the beaches.
You pay so little for what it's worth. Very affordable rates.
I highly recommend this little gem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The hotel has the best location, close to the beach and train station. The receptionist in the front desk is the most gentle, helpful person you can find. He makes my stay so comfortable. The room I stayed is painted blue, with a nice view right in front of the window. The shower and water are good. Wireless is pretty stable, not as fast as I want it to be but sufficient and better than most other hotels I stayed in France. The breakfast place is inside on the first floor, a bit crowded but really cosy. It feel like home. I'll come back again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

It was the nicest hotel. It was near the Palais, the beach, the Rue d'Antibes, the market, and everything else.

The room was confortable and very quiet. I needed a first floor room which they gave me.
It was a very enjoyable 10 days.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel position is its best point - literally 2 minutes walk from Palais des Congres and beach, very central, and offering a great price-quality ratio! The hotel is small and cosy, owners made their best to make me feel comfortable, gave some tip on dining and sightseeing. The room is tiny, but I only slept in the hotel - so, airconditioning and soundproof, and well as thick curtains wew great for my sleep. The hotel is new, modern, stylishly decorated and clean. I haven't try breakfast, served not at the terrace - I preferred enjoying a coffee in caf'e outside. Overall, a great experience, won't hesitate to stay there again when traveling to Cannes.

Room Tip: I wrote an e-mail to the hotel to ask of a quiet room, and mine was great, on the 2nd floor. They ha...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dublin
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed as part of the MIPTV festival, and although the rooms are a little small, for the price this is an excellent hotel. The staff are amongst the friendliest I have encountered and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable - even upgrading us to a different room when they were worried some roadworks noise might disturb us. We didn't ask for this, they offered when they saw we were business travelers. The room was air-conditioned and spotless with well thought out, modern fittings. Shower is powerful with lovely smelling soap. Bed was very comfortable. Best of all, it's just a few minutes walk from the conference centre (and the beach!) This all added up to the best hotel stay I have had in Cannes.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business