All reviewsrooms are smallbed was comfortablerue d'antibesperfect locationcurtains
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This success of this hotel surely must lie in it's location. A short walk from the convention centre, the shops and train station. It is also a short walk from here to the bus to/from Nice is you're travelling by public transport.

I was immediately impressed when I arrived on a sunny afternoon with people out and about and yet, there was almost immediately someone at hand to welcome me when I arrived, given that the reception is closed at that time on the weekend.

The rooms are small, but clean and while not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination, it has a friendly feel to it. The bathrooms are perhaps a bit on the older side but I lacked for nothing at the price.

The breakfast room is small and they work on an honesty basis for cold drinks. If you prefer not to have breakfast at the hotel there's a lovely bakery on the corner opposite the hotel with friendly staff and owners.

As the convention centre is literally down the same road, the location for business purposes could not be better. A laundry service is available and an iron is provided upon request. Speaking of on request, nothing for the staff seems to be too much trouble and the owners Cedric and Noemie are lovely people.

Around the corner are a myriad of cafe's and a nice McDonalds if you're so inclined. One feels safe to take the short walk back from them even late at night.

This is a hotel that I will return to, purely because it is not pretentious and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Hotel Alnea has been really nice and cosy for an overseas traveller. Cedric and Nomie are both very helpful and friendly, they go out of the way to help if required.

Great location to be in the city centre, makes everything really convenient.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My colleague and I were on a business trip for 3 nights. Alnea is ideally situated in the middle of the shopping area of Cannes and close to the station. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, looking up train times to Monaco for us. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and had everything needed. Highly recommend this hotel as a base to explore Cannes and the Riviera!

Room Tip: If you are wanting to sleep in maybe ask for a room away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location! I loved that I could walk outside of the door and be right in the heart of it all. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. Some understood English very well and were patient when trying to explain things in English/broken French. The only cons I would say are the stairs (no lift) and the teeny-tiny bathrooms-we made it work. Other than that I felt very comfortable and safe in the hotel. To get into the hotel you have to be buzzed in by the staff or use your entry code on the keypad outside. Another plus is the self-controlled AC unit in each room (very nice and not always provided). They also have this cool 'Honesty Bar' where you write down drinks/snacks that you take from the kitchen and pay when you check out. They just ask you verbally and don't check with the log. I liked that they trusted the patrons with this and it gave me a very good feeling about this place. Some establishments are very strict and accusatory and I think that gives patrons a bad view of how they do business. Anyway, I would definitely visit this hotel again in the future for my Cannes travels. Keep up the good work Hotel Alnea.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The location is great for walking around the heart of the city and seeing all the sites. The staff were delightful and very helpful in orienting us to the city, recommending restaurants and answering all our questions. They made us feel instantly at home. The rooms are small, but the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is very small - not much leg room for the toilet, the sink is very high, but the shower is excellent. The street is very narrow, and it was difficult to unload the car with traffic behind, but parking garages were close and after some manoeuvring around the old town, we were able to get rid of it. All in all, a great plae, and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends