Hotel Alnea
Ranked #44 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hotel Alnea is a small hotel very close to the Palais des Festivals in the heart of Cannes.

The hotel is run by a couple who takes care of everything. Rooms are clean, bathroom is ok (they don´t offer fruits) and the price is excellent, compared to other hotels in the region.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel was a great value clean and has great staff plus perfectly located within walking distance of the best parts of Cannes. If you are looking for a way see the the famous Cannes without breaking the bank hotel Alnea is it!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Hotel Alnea is one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed in. The location was perfect and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Cannes, close to the sea front and main shopping areas. Excellent value for money!!! Looking forward to my next stay already!

Katie

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Alnea almost every December for 8 years and its the absolute best location in Cannes. Minutes from the Croisette and an early morning swim, all the shops are nearby and the old town is 10 minutes walk. Also the airport bus from Nice stops 100 metres away. Really lovely hotel for business [especially if you are attending an event at the Palais] or for pleasure. Great value and very clean - not huge rooms but then you will be out all the time anyway! This is Cannes after all..

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the building are quieter
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had all the best intentions in the world to write a good review the minute I returned from my last stay in Cannes but life caught up with me and I only managed months later! Saturday past I stepped into the hotel windblown and wet following a massive storm and was welcomed like an old friend!

Why would I rave about a 2 star hotel? I can go on about the location, close to the Palais des Festival and the train station, a short walk to the beaches and near the designer shops and restaurants. Room 16 is comfortable, and I am not missing anything I would from a more expensive hotel except maybe an English TV channel for the weather - but who needs that when the temperature is a moderate 18-20 degrees - in early December!?

What has blown me away about this hotel is the innate nature of the young owner couple, Cedric and Noemie, who can teach 5 star hoteliers a thing or two about making their guests feel special. This evening my colleague and I returned from a long day and Noemie personally insisted we have a cup of warm tea with honey and proceeded to prepare a warm cup for us.

Based on their suggestions we have found the most amazing restaurants I am certain no tourist would find on their own. Italian truly means the best suggestion outside of Italy! Food from the region like it was likely made back then!

I seldom find myself overwhelmed but the small gestures that surprize me daily is the reason why I cannot rate this hotel enough. Worth a serious consideration!

Room Tip: Room 16! Bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
7artdirection, Propriétaire at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a nice comment.
It is a pleasure to have you staying with us every year for the ILTM in Cannes (International Luxury Tourism Market) - and for so long now!
It is even more a nice comment, that it comes from you, working in the Luxury Hotel industry.
We will surely let you know if we ever come to visit South Africa, so you will be able to pass your good adresses!
See you next Year for ILTM 2014!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family

Noémie & Cédric

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Excellent hotel with very good staff. Staff gave very good info about cannes on our arrival .
+ Location of the hotel . Very close to train station (Not more than 200 m)
+ Feel at home
+ Budget option

- Room size is very small and bathroom too.
Recommend this hotel for stay in cannes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The room we had was really small, it was on the third floor and there is no elevator. I don't even want to mention the size of the bathroom! But that's enough criticism, the rest was good: Nice staff, very good location, good bed, good aircon, sound-proof window, good price and it was clean. Breakfast is not included and served in a rather dark room. Even though it was OK, you might consider having it somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple