“No internet.”
Review of Hotel Alnea

Hotel Alnea
Ranked #44 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First of all the hotel is extremely clean, the rooms are small but they're well kept, no faults here at all. The location is great, very close to the beach and everything you need. However, it did state that we would receive free wifi and we did not, what really happens is you receive wifi for the 1st 24 hours (even though it was more like 12 hours) then the password and username used changes. This was an inconvenience as that’s generally how I communicate with everyone back home and wouldn't have booked a hotel that didn't offer wifi in the first place. The breakfast isn’t great, for the price of it you would be much better off buying things from Monoprix or visiting a bakery instead. The hair dryer in the room is awful; if you are going to stay here make sure to bring your own. We didn’t actually see anyone at reception at all until our last day (we arrived late at night), were upon check out we were charged for an extra night despite paying for the entire stay before we arrived. This has since been corrected, it did take a few days for the money to be refunded… and what I received was less than what I paid, but I am assuming this is Cannes city tax. All in all, very clean, the cleaner is lovely and friendly, great location and it is value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoxVine
HotelAlnea, Propriétaire at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for having taken the time to post your review following to your recent stay at the Hotel Alnea.

We are happy to read that you have liked our service and friendly staff and that our hotel has a good location in Cannes.
We were sorry to read you were not satisfied with certain of its aspects and we would like to express our regrets for not having met your expectations in terms of wifi and hair-dryer service.

We offer wifi to all our guests. It is High debit wifi.
A ticket is given upon check-in for each device you have. If you try to enter the same code in 2 different devices, it won’t work, as it is 1 code per device. If we had known that your ticket was not working we could have given you plenty other for as many devices you wanted.
Of course, we offer internet, but sometime, there can be some internet maintenance, that is not due of the hotel, and that needs to be fixed by the internet company (but this was not in your case, internet was working perfectly fine).

Concerning the hairdryer, it is special hairdrayer for hotel bathrooms and for security reason there are not very strong, but we are obliged to only put those kind of hairdryer. Of course, when our guest have any maintenance service or questions during there stay, we are happy to help and fix anythnig that needs to be fixed.

Our reception is open from 7.30am to 10pm. In the event we do a check-in, a check-out or it is cleaning time, we can be upstairs in the hotel. But you can reach us at anytime. At night when reception is closed, we have a night reception for emergencies (lost of keys for exemple).

We offer continental breakfasts at the Hotel. The bread is made in one of the best Cannes bakery. We buy good qualty brands for all our products (for example yogourts are Danone and Yoplait). We do not offer eggs and ham, as it is continental breakfasts.

The refund on your bill was correct, it was exactly the commission you had pay online on the external website reservation. Of course, the city tax is always extra and needs to be paid at the hotel (0,80€ per person per night in a 2 star hotel).

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you back to take advantage of it's central situation very near the Palais des Festivals and the famous Croisette.

Sincerely Yours

The owner

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hotel Alnea is a little hotel running by a family. We stayed only one night, but feeling very welcome and comfortable ! We arrived late at night, the receptionist even helped us to book a table for the dinner , and the dinner was amazing ! And she told us what to do, what to see in Cannes, we have a whole picture of Cannes. All the staff there has very good smile and can speak English ! The room was small, but the basic thing included. The bed is comfortable , the shower is good ! The location is really good , only 5 minutes to the main street and the restaurants . Recommend !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What friendly,uncomplicated, genuine service.
I found this hotel by chance over the Internet 3 years ago. My fourth visit this year.
Clean rooms, central location and top friendly service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is bien situe, pres de la gare avec un acceuil exceptionel. Being a visitor from the US, please allow me to express my view in English. The hotel is excellent and the owners and staffs are pretty nice and accommodating. They are knowledgeable about the local area and have excellent advice for the local activities. The location is excellent with the proximity to the train station, close by grocery stores (for bottle water and snacks), and easy walking distance to luxury stores just down the street, and easy walking distance to the port, the Palais, and to the beach. It is also close to the open air farmer market. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely go back should I ever visit Cannes again in the near future. My rating of "Tres Bien" instead of "Excellent" has to do more with my experience in Cannes rather than with my experience at the hotel. Cannes is a very beautiful city and had I not gotten sick from my trip to Avignon (last stop before stopping in Cannes), I would have enjoyed it more. Also being sick for some of my stays in Cannes (carried over from Avignon) prevented me from exploring other places I planned to visit. Otherwise, my visit would have been excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank N. N
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel would have been perfect had it not been for the building going on below our room.the staff were very helpful with anything we needed and gave us a list of things to do on our holiday.room is small as is the shower but you expect all this for 2star hotel.i would stay here again but maybe after they finish building.thanks to the girl who checked us in she set us up for the week and everything we done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hotel Alnea is a small hotel very close to the Palais des Festivals in the heart of Cannes.

The hotel is run by a couple who takes care of everything. Rooms are clean, bathroom is ok (they don´t offer fruits) and the price is excellent, compared to other hotels in the region.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel was a great value clean and has great staff plus perfectly located within walking distance of the best parts of Cannes. If you are looking for a way see the the famous Cannes without breaking the bank hotel Alnea is it!

• Stayed: July 2013