See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Hotel Alnea is perfect for stays in Cannes. It’s directly in the centre of Cannes. The Palais des Festivals is only a 5 minute walk away (down two short blocks and across the road). The rooms might be a little small, but so is the price in comparison to other places. So it’s perfect for the budget aware traveller. Yet the rooms are exceptionally clean and everything is fresh. They have good aircon, a TV with 20 channels, a super comfy bed with fresh sheets daily and double glazed windows to keep out the noise of a bustling city.

The hotel is situated on the top end of a small road, so there is not much (fast) traffic going past. It’s close to the railway station as well. The trains are actually underground in Cannes, so you never ever hear them at all. But if you do arrive by train, the hotel is just diagonally across the road and then down a little path. I arrived by bus from Nice, and even though I didn’t take a map, I found the hotel quickly because of its central location. You can’t miss it if you head towards ‘the middle’.

The hotel uses a code entry system for the main door, which I found very practical. You can come back to the Hotel at any time of the night, without disturbing anyone, and it feels like it’s your home from home. The reception is staffed during the day, and everyone is so friendly and helpful. When I arrived, they helped me carry my luggage up the stairs, gave me a map and pointed out all the best/cheapest places to eat, which was very handy.

I hope that when I go back to Cannes I will be able to stay there again. It was a great place and writing this, I wish I was still there :)

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
DirectionCannes06, Propriétaire at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Dear VibratoVivace,

Thank you for spending some time to write such a long and kind comment.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us .
As a little family owned hotel, our goal is to make each guest have a great stay and feel at 'home'.
Your wonderful encouragement are very important for us.

We truly hope to see you back in Cannes not in a too distant future!

Yours sincerely,

Noémie & Cédric Dewavrin
Hotel Alnea Cannes

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

If expense management is a priority for you, like it was for me on a recent business trip, Hotel Alnea is a great option to be centrally located in Cannes. Positioned on a charming inner-city street amongst great shopping and restaurants, Hotel Alnea is a tiny 2 star property that offers clean rooms, friendly management and a great croissant for breakfast. It's simple and sweet (not the croissant, although a chocolate option was offered - the accommodation!!) Definitely recommended if you want to drop in to Cannes without making a splash on the hi-so scene. By the way, la Croisette is just 3 minutes walk!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
DirectionCannes06, Propriétaire at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Dear thelanddownunder,

What a great pleasure to read your kind remarks regarding our hotel and services.
Our great location in Cannes center, makes everything easier during your stay: you can walk to the Palais des Festivals or the beaches of the Croisette just down the street. We love to give our good tips regarding restaurants, touristic visits and more generaly to help you to have a great time while you are staying with us.

Hope to see you again when you will be coming back in Cannes.

Best regards,

Noémie & Cédric Dewavrin

Reviewed 14 August 2015

This is a small but very nice hotel, that provides great service and comfortable rooms.

Rooms have air conditioning and free Internet.

The breakfast is good and to a reasonable price.

We were taken good care of by a very friendly staff. The owners are doing their outmost to create a pleasant stay.

The location is excellent for exploring Cannes and enjoy restaurants in the neighborhood.

I can recommend this hotel as a nice hotel to a fair price.

I have rated this hotel as very good due to the fact that this is a very good 2 star hotel that offer nice rooms, good service and it is clean. The owners are friendly and offer good restaurant advice if needed.

Have a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 17. Contact the hotel direct and they will give you a good price.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Naomi is a manager in Hotel Alnea and is an absolute gem, she couldn't have been nicer! All the staff are so friendly, the rooms are clean and the hotel is very central. My birthday was during my stay in the hotel, and Naomi left a postcard and memorabilia on my pillow to say happy birthday. The nicest hotel staff I've ever come across! I will be back and would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
7artdirection, Propriétaire at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Ruth-Ann,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Alnea Cannes and for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

It is such a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the hotel and our staff & services.
It was a good idea to spend your birthday in Cannes ! A lot of action and fun this summer.

Hope to see you back next year, and why not before? You can get good winter flight ticket deals from Ireland, and then enjoy the great smooth winter weather in South of France, and in the same day, enjoy the sea and the ski, as we do when we live on the French Riviera.

All the best,

Noémie & Cédric

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Perfectly located for everything in Cannes. Beach, rrain station, markets, restaurants. Wonderful, helpful and very friendly staff always on hand to give advice. Clean and all you need for a little city break and somewhere to rest your feet at night.
Would definitely return and absolutely recommend.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
7artdirection, Owner at Hotel Alnea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear SuzannahB,

Thank you sooooo much for this very kind message about the Hotel Alnea on Tripadvisor.
It is really our goal to have you spending a great time at the Hotel and also in Cannes.
We hope to make our guests feel the family and friendly atmosphere we try to give.
We like to give the good tips about Cannes (for example we only recommand restaurants and shops we personnaly go to and that we love).

Hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,