“a bit on the shabby side, but good location and price for cannes”

ResidHotel Les Coralynes
Ranked #105 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Montreal, Canada
“a bit on the shabby side, but good location and price for cannes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

we stayed here with our baby. the place was not particularly clean, but alright for the price. we didnt get a parking spot because they didnt have any more, so we had to leave our car on the street. we liked the small balcony.

Room Tip: try to be higher so there is less noise
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cherry_streets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This place has a great location in a quiet neighborhood but also only a 5 minute walk from the beach and main Cannes shopping etc. Room was very clean and the kitchen was nice. The only reason it didn't get five stars was that you can't check in between noon and 5pm and there is no one there so you can't even leave your bags. Our train came in from Paris at noon so we had to wait for a long time. You have to pay 7 euros a day for WiFi per device. It was $42 to have WiFi on our laptop and phone for 3 days. You are supposed to wash your own dishes and they expect you to buy your own soap.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Amanda A
Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I booked this through Expedia---their call center recommended it since it was fairly close to the Palais de Festival; however there were many problems with it:
1. No one knew where it was so it took me a long time to find it
2. They were closed on Sunday and had to use a code to get in but there was no one at the hotel
3. They promised me free wifi but the code didnt work so I had to pay an extra 10 euros
4. I left my gold earrings in the room and called from the airport when I realized that I had left them and they said that there were no earrings. I have repeatedly tried to call them but they do not answer my emails.
5. There is no cleaning service which is not fun and no one to talk to about how to work things--the heat didnt work for instance and I had no one to talk to....
6. I asked where to take the bus to the airport and she said it was in the port-I went there at 8 am (a 15 min walk) and then discovered once I got on that there was a stop 5 min from the hotel which she obviously didnt know about.
Will never go back or recommend

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nancys

Travellers are raving about these Cannes hotels

Rome
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

We booked at Les Coralynes months in advance because of the TV festival. This was one of the few hotels available. We booked through Planigo.com which gave us a double room as available . Later they telephoned to say the room was no longer free but there was a 2 room apartment at the much higher cost of 153 euros per night. We didn't have much choice so we booked it. We had to pay in advance and when I received the voucher I asked for a full description of the apartment which was 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette and balcony. When we arrived at the hotel they gave us a room with just one bedroom and despite showing them the booking they refused to move us or give us a refund. As I said we had no choice but to stay.
The room was certainly not worth 153euros. The heating fan spat out thick cigarette smoke and smelled so bad that even though it was quite cold we couldn't have it on. There was no maid service for the 2 nights we were there and we were expected to hoover and take away our rubbish as well as put away the sheets. This is ok if you are paying the right rate (published rate for that room was less than 70 euros) .
The hotel manager could have behaved quite differently. If this wasn't intentional cheating certainly a mistake had been made and it wasn't on our part. She could have offered us free parking (it was only 8 euros per night) or free wi-fi. She could have apologised profusely and offered us breakfast. Instead she insisted that this was the correct rate for the room we were given. Which in my opinion was completely besides the point since we had paid for a different room.
Planigo.com did try to remedy and called us several times after to say that they were unable to get us a refund.
I am afraid that is not good enough and we will never book through them again much less stay at Les Coralynes.

• Liked — it was walking distance to the palais des festivals
  • Disliked — the disgusting smell of cigarette smoke coming out of the heating a/c system
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank carrom
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2004

People made it. lovely friendly people at the hotel, good English, very helpful and they have a beautiful dog, Hungarian breed.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member