“Good value”

ResidHotel Les Coralynes
Ranked #96 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 22 July 2013

No luxury, but good value for money. The location is good, the size of the "apartment" was good, we had a little balcony and a big plus for the mini-kitchen. The staff (young lady) was very friendly and nice.
Also a plus for the free WIFI.
However, the cleanliness in not top nudge. Another problem was our balcony door that was broken and unable to lock.
All in all i recommend this to however´s on a budget in Cannes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karonii

Reviewed 1 February 2013

This was my eleventh year at the MIDEM Music Conference. Usually I am at the Club Maintenon but for some inexplicable reason, I was bumped to Les Coralynes. The stay started off badly. My colleague and I arrive from the TGV around 8pm and were met with a locked door with no one at reception. We finally noticed a sign with a contact phone number which we called. We were given the entrance code and the combination to a lock box with our keys - I guess this was kind of a self check-in! The rooms were serviceable and mine was quite large. The heating/cooling worked but was noisy. And - there was no shower. My colleague had a small shower but I had a tub with a telephone sprayer. I managed to mount the telephone sprayer on a towel rack over the tub using tie-straps (always carry these - really useful) and a towel to prevent recoil when turned on. It worked. The WiFi was something of a mystery - we could connect to the server but nothing would happen. Apparently there is a step in-between which was not made known to us. There was a not included breakfast which I did not try preferring to sit in a cafe on the way to the Palais des Festivals. Would not stay here by choice again.

Room Tip: If you want a shower - make sure you ask for one. Not saying that this will guarantee you getting o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This place has a quiet location 5 minute walk from the beach. The reception girl as often in France wouldn't speak English. They should be more honest or specific with the parking places availablity as you would end up with searching for one in the street.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Vladimir K
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We think this place has a good location: 5 min walking distance to the center. The facilities are in alright condition, furnitures are quite old but functionable. The little balcony is the surprise of the room, we loved it. 7 euro/day parking fee is not bad, we payed 20€/day in Nice. But it seems there are only 4/5 parking lot there.
I would recommend for economic travellers who come with a car.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keoeyvi
Reviewed 12 October 2012

we stayed here with our baby. the place was not particularly clean, but alright for the price. we didnt get a parking spot because they didnt have any more, so we had to leave our car on the street. we liked the small balcony.

Room Tip: try to be higher so there is less noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cherry_streets
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This place has a great location in a quiet neighborhood but also only a 5 minute walk from the beach and main Cannes shopping etc. Room was very clean and the kitchen was nice. The only reason it didn't get five stars was that you can't check in between noon and 5pm and there is no one there so you can't even leave your bags. Our train came in from Paris at noon so we had to wait for a long time. You have to pay 7 euros a day for WiFi per device. It was $42 to have WiFi on our laptop and phone for 3 days. You are supposed to wash your own dishes and they expect you to buy your own soap.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Amanda A
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I booked this through Expedia---their call center recommended it since it was fairly close to the Palais de Festival; however there were many problems with it:
1. No one knew where it was so it took me a long time to find it
2. They were closed on Sunday and had to use a code to get in but there was no one at the hotel
3. They promised me free wifi but the code didnt work so I had to pay an extra 10 euros
4. I left my gold earrings in the room and called from the airport when I realized that I had left them and they said that there were no earrings. I have repeatedly tried to call them but they do not answer my emails.
5. There is no cleaning service which is not fun and no one to talk to about how to work things--the heat didnt work for instance and I had no one to talk to....
6. I asked where to take the bus to the airport and she said it was in the port-I went there at 8 am (a 15 min walk) and then discovered once I got on that there was a stop 5 min from the hotel which she obviously didnt know about.
Will never go back or recommend

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business