“As long as you are OK with the location.....”
Review of Ideal Sejour Hotel

Ideal Sejour Hotel
Ranked #7 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Friendly service. Clean hotel, with renovated bathrooms. Very artsy decour, with each room having its own unique artistic theme.

This hotel is located 1.1 km *uphill* from the main Cannes train station, so if you are walking there with your luggage in 30 degee Celcius heat, on the very narrow sidewalks as we were.....beware. o:)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg88

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We had a beautiful trip in France with a short stop in Cannes. The Ideal Sejour was a good choice, though a little bit far from the croisette and the beach... but a short walk upwards doesn´t hurt anybody :-)
We didn´t eat there, but the room was clean and pleasent although small, but we were in the room just for sleeping. It is located in a residential area with very little traffic around.
I would raccomand it to anyone who is not afraid walking 10 min to city centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I always do lots of research before I go away and always ensure we are located right in the heart of things. So I was a bit worried when the taxi started to weave his way up and up the hill further and further away from the centre of town. And then was even more worried when we arrived to find the entrance and hallway being decorated. I didnt remember that being mentioned!

However, the builders didnt disturb us at all the 2 days we were there. And our room was wonderful. Very clean and new, lovely bathroom, cartoon drawings on the wall and a balcony. Its in a very peaceful part of town and we loved it. The dining room and library area as well as the garden were very well designed and beautiful.

Its not quite slap bang in the middle of town and the walk into where the main town starts will take about 15/20 minutes and its uphill all the way home! There isnt much around the hotel shop and restaurant wise so you will need to venture out. But there is a bus stop very close which might go into town? A taxi cost us about 10 euros I think.

The only thing we would have wanted to improve was the breakfast. Cannes is expensive but at 10 euros each for a cup of tea, an orange juice, a croissant and a bit of french stick was quite a lot of money we felt. Adding a few extras can take it up to 15 euros.

But apart from that - loved it! Really good value too. We paid 75 euros a night which we felt was well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McGizzle
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at the Ideal Sejour Hotel for two nights as part of our honeymoon travelling along the Mediterranean coast. Our room was newly renovated, although our beautiful new ensuite didn't have a shower which we would have preferred instead of a bath. The location was a little bit out of the way, approximately a 10 minute walk to the waterfront and the old town (and because of the confusing streets we actually got lost a couple of times on this walk home at night). The owner was very helpful and friendly, and more than happy to provide maps and recommendations of where we should look for restaurants and nightlife. Parking was free, however due to limited space we had to park our car around the corner on a main road a few minutes away which was initially a little scary but turned out fine. Overall we'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nikki1710
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was a perfect quiet retreat at the end of a busy day of networking and meetings at the Midem conference.

I chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced and had good reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The bedroom was lovely, beautiful, like new but without that shopfront feel to it, lovely and homely, clean and comfortable. The bed is quite literally the most comfortable I've ever slept on - and I'm really picky..!

Plus the smell of freshly baked croissants wafting up the stairs in the morning was just too delicious to resist!

The only things I would say is it's a good 15-20 min walk down to the Palais so once I was out I tended to stay out for the day, but I like an excuse for a brisk walk and a bit of fresh air, especially when I cooped up in a conference all day, so I quite liked that.

Also the bathroom for my room was really really small. I am a small pretty slim gal and even I had to come out into the bedroom to dry off after a shower for fear of my towel slipping into the toilet.
But that was just that particular room I think, and I think there are plenty of other rooms that are bigger and presumably would be more likely to be given to people travelling in couples. I certainly would have no problem at all have that exact same room again next time I visit.

I loved the room, had a beautiful balcony overlooking the gorgeous garden and Michelle was as helpful and lovely as a hostess can be. Extremely friendly and helpful, she even leant me her iron and her hair-straighteners!

Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I just stayed at The Ideal Sejour hotel in Cannes for 3 nights. It was fantastic. The rooms are each individually decorated and are stunning. The bathrooms are ultra modern and Michèle, the owner, is just lovely. She helped me find the city, drew the directions out on a map, she is so sweet. I highly recommend staying here. There is a really nice garden out the back you can sit and eat in if the weather is good and the hotel has free wireless Internet. It's about a 10-15 minute walk into town so you can eat whatever you like and not worry!! Thank you to Michele and to Marie for all their help and for their wonderful service. Looking forward to going back in Summer!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 14 October 2011

When we first arrive, my wife and I, were greeted by the owner herself who from that point on prove to be the nicest person and excellent hostess. The rooms have literature themes and they are all different. She suggested we upgrade to a superior room for only 4 euros more, needless to say we did, and the room was big, clean and had a view of the garden. The breakfast is plenty and the croissants delicious it is served in the garden with very nice furniture. We were served by the owner.
We loved our stay so much that we booked an additional day. Be aware that if traveling by car it is not easy to find the hotel and there's only car space for 3 cars. Even though the beaches and Croissette blvd. are close by the hotel is up a hill so save some energy on your way back. Hotel is worth every cent.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple