“The Hotel from Hell”

Ranked #91 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
London, United Kingdom
“The Hotel from Hell”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Don't ever be ill if you stay there. The Manager will let you die, before he will help you. Furthermore he wouldn't allow his staff to help either. I was alone. Hospitalisation and assistance, had to be organised from England after I had been taken seriously ill, was unable to move and could get absolutely no help from the Hotel. Even when I was returned there from the hospital (confined to bed) they wouldn't lift a finger to even get me prescribed medication from the pharmacy next door. A 'Hotel from Hell'. The Manger stated that he or his staff where not there to help the customers. He made Basil Faulty look like 'Hotel Manager of the Year'. Fortunaely I survived, but no thanks to him.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Roy C
Benoit T, Directeur général at Kyriad Cannes Ouest - Mandelieu, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Mr Roy C.

I am very disapointed about your experience in my establishment and I propose you to send me an email to the hotel email adress to respond personaly.

Best regards, Benoit T., General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
southampton
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just spent a week here. Ideally situated for beach, Cannes town and on bus route for other towns and easy access to train station for trains to Monaco, Grasse, Ventimiglia etyc.

Hotel clean, good choice available at continental breakfast, friendly staff on reception manned 24 hours.

Room Tip: A room overlooking pool may be quieter as we heard guard dogs during the night that we thought were...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jamescs26
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We knew this was out of the centre but less than a kilometer from the beach, and a very easy drive to beaches. The air con was a delight to return to after a hot day on the beach, bed made, clean room. Unfortunately the restaurant was only open for weeknights but we ate there twice, very good value and nice meals. Staff were helpful, except when leaving at 4am had difficulty finding someone to pay the bill. The pool was missing a few tiles but lovely moving water and few other users.

Room Tip: Don't go just above the front entrance.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 18 March 2013

i was booked in here for a conference in the centre, and not amused

the location - on a sort of outside of town industrial area comprising a small airport (hotel is under the flight path but its not that noisy) a logistics park/ huge truck park, car lots, a dirty canal and out of town superstores, and all the roads around it are under construction so traffic is bad, about 20 minutes from cannes itself by car

the hotel - a sort of soviet concrete block on th eoutside, prison on the inside, dull grey, smelling of damp, bears no relation to the fotos on website

the room- tiny (even a double is tiny) , no room for a suitcase except on the bed, toilet wedged between shower and the wall, impossible to sit on, condensation on the windows and walls in teh morning, kettle with no lid that doesnt switch off automatically very dangerous in my opinion, poor soundproofing hence noisy, cups only paper and no spoon, lights on the headboard that get so hot they burn if you touch them

breakfast - dry bread and croissants in various guises and cheese, thats about it, only had breakfast theer one morning and the room also smelt of cats pee, there was a guilty looking cat outside

best of all - i went there in march and it was 8 degrees, theer is no heating in th erooms only a/c, best take a jumper

on the plus side there was a strong shower, very good reliable free wifi in rooms, and a firm bed and staff are all good (if you ignore the fact i had to pay my entire 5 day stay in advance) all of which i appreciate on my travels

in hindsight it was a 2 star which i d never experienced before, the key thing about staying ther is if you travel as a couple dont even think about it unless your budget is very tight, rooms are simply too small to live in, if you travel alone or passing through for a short stay then its not really so bad

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IRBaboonLondon

Travellers are raving about these Cannes hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed 2 days in september and had an enjoyable stay. Well located to visit Cannes, 2 minutes from Boul. du Midi that follow the Mediteranean sea and brings you to Cannes easily. Cannes is only 5 km away. Room is small but confortable. Continental buffet breakfast is diversified. The only negative point is that if there is people on a bus tour that stay at the hotel, it is very crowded in the morning if it happens that you have breakfast at the same time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FVMTL
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My overall experience in this hotel was bad but there are a few things which were particularly bad.
1. If you are staying there during the warm season beware of mosquitoes!!! There is a canal very nearby the hotel and the most frustrating thing was that despite this fact there were not even mosquito nets on the windows! We spent the first night chasing after mosquitoes to realize in the morning that there were a much more than we imagined. We were of course all bitten. This is potentially a huge health risk which can be avoided with the cost of putting the nets but I guess noone thought about it.

2. The rooms are really really small. There is hardly any space for one to walk on the side of the bed. The shower space is also tiny and there is no room for one to put toiletries so you have to spread them on the sink and keep on opening the shower door to fetch them.

3. I am not at all impressed with the cleanliness as the walls were covered with stains from mosquito fights (the ones that we had as well) but also I found some dark stains on the towels on a couple of occasions. The rooms smelt badly from the start.

4. If you are staying in a room over the entrance (as in our case) you will likely get the cigarette smoke from the smoking area which is quite stupidly placed right on the side of the entrance and below our window. If one decides to sleep with window closed on a summer evening you have to get used to the terrible stink coming from the AC.

5. THE STAFF WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE! Especially in the breakfast room. There was this extremely uncomfortable situation which I am not going to describe here due to space, which made me leave the room fuming and speechless.

It is a cheap hotel but I can assure you that I would not have stayed there for free. I would recommend you to avoid staying there.

Room Tip: If you are non smoker and decide to stay there anyway I would recommend a room at the back of the ho...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tsveta R
Bridgend
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Recently stayed here for 3 nights (June 2012).....What a mistake! Booked Twin room (only because a double was not available) Well, as other reviews have stated, smallest twin room ever seen!! Could not get 2 medium sized suitcases in room!
Eventually after much debate we were given a double room, only marginally better!
Sat night restaurant closed!! no mention made of this at time of booking! When we asked the Rudest receptionist ever encountered, we were just told it was a management decision!
No drinks were therefore available either! so we we forced to return to cannes for an evening meal.
Now most hotels I accept, never put enough of those miniscule milk cartons in the room....here you only get 2, which is enough for 1 medium coffee, once a day!!!
Back to our rude receptionist, on asking for additional milk, we were refused, not possible!! was the response!
Extremely poor customer service.
When also asking reception for help in locating a local car dealer for air con problems, she did not really want to oblige, but I did persist and she grudgingly looked up details for me, but promptly told me to wait when another guest came to the desk, Bloody rude!!
The hotel was filled with the most rowdy youths ever encountered in a hotel.
We have used Kyriad before as stopovers, this is the worst by far!

Room Tip: Dont book a twin!! unless you are alone!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaret139
Benoit T, General Manager at Kyriad Cannes Ouest - Mandelieu, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Customer
Please accept all our apologises for the inconveniences caused during your stay.
Regarding our restaurant, it’s closed all week end and it should be mentioned in all website we appear. It’s also writes on our own confirmation but apparently we missed to give you the information and we are really sorry about that. To try to give a solution about this matter there is a snack and drink dispenser in our lobby since may 2012.
Our tea facilities is a welcome tray but regarding your remark we will think to change this service.
Apparently you stayed in our establishment at the same time of a young customer group. We do our best to supervise those clients with help of the tour leader and we try to separate group and individual customer as best as we can.
I take good note of your complaint concerning the staff and I’m going to do what necessary so this kind of attitude occurs no more.
Once again with all my apologise
Sincerely yours
The General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannes
Campanile Cannes Ouest - Mandelieu
Ibis Cannes Plage La Bocca
Mercure Cannes Mandelieu Hotel
Ibis Budget Cannes Centre Ville
Ibis Styles Cannes le Cannet
Ibis Cannes Mandelieu
Ibis Cannes Mandelieu
#6 of 17 in Mandelieu-la-Napoule

Been to Kyriad Cannes Ouest - Mandelieu? Share your experiences!