“Poor Cannois Experience”

Hotel La Villa Tosca
Ranked #61 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 5 January 2014

In order to celebrate the New Year, my girlfriend and I decided to stay in a quiet hotel in Cannes. Unfortunately this hotel was all but quiet or even quaint. We were greeted by a grumpy receptionist who made us fill in forms that would suggest we were illegal immigrants (despite the fact that we are both EU citizens). We were then shoved into a lift that resembled a broken gas chamber, which will surely be breaking down any time soon. As we entered our superior room, very few attributes of this room appeared superior, particularly for its price (which matched that of a very formidable 4 star hotel). The floor felt as if it was only a few misplaced jumps away from caving in on the unfortunate Italian family below us, the bathroom was ice cold, and the temperature of the shower impossible to control.
Despite the few downsides, we were at least glad that this hotel was upon fast glance: quiet. It is placed on pedestrian road, and was far from most the noisy nightlife. Or so we thought. The Cannois youth (or predominantly the Italian people who seemed to have invaded Cannes for the start of 2014) seemed unable to contain their excitement about a simple date change, and were screaming well into the early hours of the morning. Would not recommend. This hotel gets one star because the bed was slightly comfortable and another star because they let us lie in a well needed extra hour in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
villatosca, Directeur général at Hotel La Villa Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Sir,

We are very surprised regarding your comment.

-We ask to fill in a check-in form because the french law ask us to do it.
- Our lift is small but hopefully, it doesn't looks like a "broken gas chamber" as you say. I think it is very choking to can speak like that...
- You said that you stay on December the 31st, but we didn't have any booking for this date on Mr Brioche name's, and no guest from UK as you...

I think that you didn't stay in our property. So, be honnest to stop your perjury comments...

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Small, butique style hotel. Great location, center, one block from the beach promenade! Many shops and coffee shops are right around coner. Clean rooms, huge bed! Friendly stuff. We stayed here with our daughter for 4 nights. Enjoyed the great location and sunny weather!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank elinaliepina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Villa Tosca doesn't have an impressive frontage - it's tucked away on a traffic free shopping street but - inside the décor is tasteful and the staff are delightful. The street runs parallel to the train station but also to the seafront and the famous Croisette.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My overall rating "very good", just refer back to my title. For what I wanted, it was indeed very good! Simple, comfortable, and clean. I was traveling by myself and simply needed a place to sleep.

I had a comfortable bed, spacious enough for myself and a newly renovated bathroom was superb.

Location was excellent, charming city, close to the water, places to eat were close walk to more popular areas.

Staff was very friendly, professional, really no complaints. Free wifi as well. Lounge area, small restaurant, but I ate out.
Definitely simple, nothing really special, though if that is what you want then perfect, it's a great price and with the money you save from staying here you can treat yourself on something else in the city!

Also, it is very close to the train station, you can't hear anything in your rooms though.

Would I stay here again, sure! I know what to expect and I was happy with it. Though if I wanted more of a WOW factor in my lodging then maybe i would choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was at La Villa Tosca in june 2013 and stayed for 3 days.It's a clean hotel,good breakfast professional service,small room as single.The hotel position is near center and train station.Also the beach is like 300-400 meters from hotel.I will go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This Hotel is the best value for money,
It is located in the heart of Cannes, one minute from the beach and a second from the main street.
The rooms are big (Small Shower) and the bad was hugh.
The service was exceleent!
Very Recommanded!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Four nights here and a great value for Cannes. Some older reviews mention dirty rooms, but ours was very clean and comfortable. Not large, but good by French standards; with a small refrigerator. Easy walk from the train station, and centrally located for access to anything in the city. Quiet for sleeping. Don't pay for the breakfast, there is a great bakery between here and the train station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple