“Excellent food, unique experience however...”

La Serviette Blanche
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Serviette Blanche offers a selection of fun culinary activities like COOKING CLASSES, Cheese & wine tasting, foodie workshops, Private dining Restaurant & Gourmet picnics. The Hands-On Cooking classes with professionally trained chef Eliane, include shopping at the local market and lunch in La Serviette Blanche's private diningroom. A great way to discover the culinary delights of Southern France. Classes are in English. Experience Cote d'Azur living and come join us for a delicious 3-course gourmet meal in our stylish diningroom/supper club located in a private apartment in the heart of Cannes. A nice place for travelers and locals to meet new people and share good food. Supper clubs/pop-up restaurants are about bringing people together in an intimate dining environment, pleasant conversation and laughter over great food. It's casual and unpretentious with a nice Cote d'Azur ambience. All meals are prepared only with fresh seasonal ingredients.
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent food, unique experience however...”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this for a birthday dinner with friends. It was a divine and beautiful experience. However some things to note and things I suggested to Eliane. Her place is perfectly located but the apartment can get very warm/hot/sweaty. I suggested some fans to cool it down when she's cooking. Our group would have also loved some music to be playing as we found it very quiet. We ended up playing music off of our iPods/iPhones which worked okay except we had no speakers.

Lastly you should be aware that you have to pre-book and if anyone cancels last minute you're still on the hook for their dinner payment (in full). In our group one of my dinner guests got the flu and messaged me a few hours before telling me she can't make it and her full meal was still charged to my credit card. I asked Eliane for a refund but this is their policy. I understand that as it's a small boutique operation and she had to purchase all the ingredients the same day and it's all fresh that she still incurs cost. All that said I wish the cost could have been reduced or refunded at least partially as we literally had an empty seat at the table and I had to pay for it regardless.

HOWEVER I cannot say enough about the quality of the meal. Truly one of the best meals of my life.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Silverthorne, CO
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A unique night out!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We joined Eliane for a dinner in her home. We were a party of four and interested in this concept.
It was a lovely evening with a four star menu! The setting is delightful and Eliane is a great chef and an interesting life with many stories. The menu was taken from all the local ingredients and everything was tasty, especially the salmon. Would have liked to have taken her cooking class! So if in Cannes, do try dinner with Eliane or sample her cooking class. You will be sure to be delighted!

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

CannesCooking, Owner at La Serviette Blanche, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your dinner with us, it has been our pleasure to have welcomed you in our intimate dining room and share our passion of good food with you.
Thank you!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, nice setting”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The place is really cool. Nice and private. The food was really tasty and very well prepared. The owner is a great chef and a really nice woman.

It's been a pleasure to have welcomed you to our culinary activities. Thank you very much for your great review.
“Great cheese, great wine, great conversation”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We visited Cannes as part of my girlfriends birthday celebrations and following the recent reviews decided to give the cheese and wine tasting a go. We were not disappointed. We had a great afternoon did not feel pressured and very relaxed. Elaine is a very interesting lady and thoroughly enjoyed her company and hope to meet up with her again when she visits London this summer. Highly recomended!

Visited April 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It's been a pleasure to have shared our passion for cooking and great food with you. Looking forward to welcome you again next time you are in Cannes.
East Palo Alto, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“If you go to Cannes, you must attend a class”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I signed up for Eliane's bistro cooking class because we both love steak and mashed potatoes done the French way. We also have close to zero experience making it. What better way to learn about French cuisine than to have someone who's worked at some top-notch restaurants and catered to many celebrities teach you how to cook? You simply cannot pass up this opportunity.

It was an intimate affair - just myself, my wife, and Eliane. I could not have asked for a better setup. Eliane was patient and charming while she explained the steps necessary for me to make the steak, and also indulged us with tidbits about French cuisine and the French way of life. It felt like magic seeing the raw ingredients we had transformed over the course of some hours (I was slow) into, I dare say, food that I would imagine eating at a restaurant.

Not only do you learn about the cooking process, but also about kitchen organization and plating. Eliane readily answered the billion and one questions I asked her. We stayed late into the night chatting about life. I can't imagine a more perfect experience.

Thank you very much for your great review. I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your dinner with us.