“A truly one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experience!”

La Serviette Blanche
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Serviette Blanche offers a selection of fun culinary activities like COOKING CLASSES, Cheese & wine tasting, foodie workshops, Private dining Restaurant & Gourmet picnics. The Hands-On Cooking classes with professionally trained chef Eliane, include shopping at the local market and lunch in La Serviette Blanche's private diningroom. A great way to discover the culinary delights of Southern France. Classes are in English. Experience Cote d'Azur living and come join us for a delicious 3-course gourmet meal in our stylish diningroom/supper club located in a private apartment in the heart of Cannes. A nice place for travelers and locals to meet new people and share good food. Supper clubs/pop-up restaurants are about bringing people together in an intimate dining environment, pleasant conversation and laughter over great food. It's casual and unpretentious with a nice Cote d'Azur ambience. All meals are prepared only with fresh seasonal ingredients.
Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A truly one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Cannes has a lot to offer and La Serviette Blanche is one of those that must not be missed. Eliane is a wonderful host and explains the wine and cheese from this region of France quite well. We were also served a 3 kinds of tapenade, figs drizzled with honey, and some cold cuts -- all serving to enhance the flavor of the wine and cheese. It was a great afternoon for me and my friends, and a fitting introduction to Cannes.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank shopgirl258
CannesCooking, Owner at La Serviette Blanche, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We value our customers dearly and are always striving to give you and fellow travelers an unforgettable culinary experience.

We are very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your class with us.

Thank you and hope to see you again next time you visit Cannes.

Kind regards, Eliane Muskus

Mississauga, Canada
“Unique Experience in Cannes”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In May 2014 while in the south of France I spent a few days with Chef Eliane at La Serviette Blanche to expand my cooking horizons and experience a wine and cheese tasting. What a fantastic time I had. I prepared (and ate!) two full meals and several appetizers. We visited the market where we shopped for several of the ingredients, and passed by the fishmonger, the butcher and the cheese shop that Eliane frequents. The wine and cheese tasting luncheon was wonderful, and Eliane provided so much useful information for me to take home. If I had more time I would have planned an evening to dine in the restaurant as well. I would recommend La Serviette Blanche and Chef Eliane to anyone who loves food and cooking and wants a unique experience while in Cannes.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate you sharing your culinary experience at La Serviette Blanche with other potential travelers looking for a unique activity in the city.

It's been a fun few days, we cooked delicious meals, we shopped,ate and we laughed.
Thank you once again and hope to see you next time when you visit Cannes.

Kind regards, Eliane Muskus
Lexington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Introduction to Regional Wines and Cheeses”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon in Cannes. Elaine explained in detail how to pair wine with cheeses. As a chef in the United States, I knew the basics, but she really spent time with details. I also gained an appreciation for Rosé (a specialty of France) that I had always looked on with some suspicion. Elaine is passionate about her work. An important trait in the food business. A big thumbs up.

1 Thank David C
Toronto, Canada
“A great culinary experience!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I recently had a wonderful and delicious experience at La Serviette Blanche. We booked a wine and cheese pairing lunch with Chef Eliane, which was enjoyed in her private home in the center of Cannes.

The morning of our arrival, she went out and specially selected the cheeses and wines that were ‘in season’ at that time and best represented the region of Provence. There were homemade tapenades, jellies, some local bread and meats served as well. Everything she selected was amazing and so fresh! We were given a quick background on the food and wines along with a suggested tasting sequence, and then left to mix and match as we pleased.

Chef Eliane is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about the food within the region, as well as French cuisine and beyond. She was such a pleasure to chat with throughout our meal, and was happy to answer any questions we may have had. She even sent us home with an interesting tasting/pairing package for future reference.

It was such a fun, delicious and unique thing to do in Cannes and we would highly recommend it to anyone who has a passion for food, wine, and great conversation!

Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent food, unique experience however...”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this for a birthday dinner with friends. It was a divine and beautiful experience. However some things to note and things I suggested to Eliane. Her place is perfectly located but the apartment can get very warm/hot/sweaty. I suggested some fans to cool it down when she's cooking. Our group would have also loved some music to be playing as we found it very quiet. We ended up playing music off of our iPods/iPhones which worked okay except we had no speakers.

Lastly you should be aware that you have to pre-book and if anyone cancels last minute you're still on the hook for their dinner payment (in full). In our group one of my dinner guests got the flu and messaged me a few hours before telling me she can't make it and her full meal was still charged to my credit card. I asked Eliane for a refund but this is their policy. I understand that as it's a small boutique operation and she had to purchase all the ingredients the same day and it's all fresh that she still incurs cost. All that said I wish the cost could have been reduced or refunded at least partially as we literally had an empty seat at the table and I had to pay for it regardless.

HOWEVER I cannot say enough about the quality of the meal. Truly one of the best meals of my life.