“Amazing”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Best fish in Cannes.

Particularly excellent for late night dining as the atmosphere of the restaurant really comes out then!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our usual weekly restaurant is closed during January so a need to find an alternative meant we were attracted by the choice on the lunchtime board at Le Hit. Around 30 covers inside and on both recent visits it has been full by 1.00pm. Food is clearly prepared on the premises, freshly cooked and imaginative, Service is good. Two courses for 16€, wine by the glass or carafe. All in all a good bistro offering good food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the train Station starving, so we started walking around. The smell of the food stopped us over there. The food is delicious (fish, escargots, gambas, salad, tarta tatin), the wine perfect and the owner nice and friendly.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had lovely lunch in Le Hit on a half-day visit to Cannes. Place was really inviting full of customers with big plates of food in front of them! The 16 Eur lunch menu (main+dessert) or 11 Eur (main only) was composed of a selection of different specials including couple of meats and one fish dish. I had a well-cooked cod with potatoes/cauliflower/beans/courgettes and aioli sauce. Overall, the dish was good, well presented and generous in portion. On a low point, there was not enough of sauce and to me it tasted a bit dry. Also, vegetables – cauliflower and courgettes were touch overdone and not as crunchy as I would like. My partner had a beef dish which he liked so much that I had only little bite to taste and it was good as well. For dessert, lemon meringue pie was just OK – balance of meringue and citron filling was in favor of sweet meringue while I prefer the lemon filling. The service was fast and attentive with patron being really sweet and and certainly making an effort to spend some time with all customers, generating friendly buzz around w/t being over the top. Leaving the place I had this nice feeling of fullness and content that my hard-earned euros were well spent! A place to recommend.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were strolling around in Cannes looking for a place to eat when this restaurant caught our attention. When we were studying the menu, the owner (at least we think he is) came up to us and explained the daily menu. The place looked cosy and welcoming, so we decided to have our lunch here. As it was very hot that day, the fact that the place is air-conditioned only added to its appeal.

We ordered the following dishes for six people: Two niçoise salads, salmon spaghetti, grilled sardines, scallops, a whole grilled bream and one crème brûlée for dessert. I had one big beer, the rest of us drank tap water. Everything tasted wonderful and was well presented. The waiting time was a bit long but to be expected at 1 p.m. Service was attentive and courteous but could be a bit quicker, but this is really only a minor complaint.

We paid € 105 for everything which I find is excellent value. I would return any day when visiting Cannes!