“Boutique with contemporary wifi and a tasty breakfast”
Review of Eden Hotel & Spa

Eden Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Cannes in December is beautiful. Crisp air, winter sun and taste rose.

the hotel Eden is located on the rue Antibes, the artery of downtown Cannes, loads of shopping and people watching opportunities. It's just two blocks back from the Croisette and a 10 min walk to the exhibition centre.

The room overlooked rue Antibes with a lovely French balcony. The sliding door meant I could sleep with the fresh air on my face. The only downside was the noisy conference folk walking down rue Antibes yahooing in the wee hours. By nt 3 I chose to keep it closed and go the a/c.
The lighting was poor and the side lamps didn't really work.
The bathrooms were rennovated and the shower pressure good. The highlight was the way the mirror swung around to enable me to shave in the shower....often the choice of the male late night conference delegate. Te toilet was separate and required some maneuvering to use. It was also old and needed replacing

Te staff were young and frendly, though the public areas they occupy are old and need a facelift. The bar surrounded by bamboo sticks was not surprisingly always empty. The gym is ordinary and you're better packing runners for the streets outside.

The highlight was the breakfast, it was consistent, and full of clever touches. I particularly liked the cheeseboard which was paired with tiny tubs of cherry and quince paste.

So if they gave some extra effort to the lighting and the public spaces, the hotel Eden would go from a 4 to a 5,

Now while you're in Cannes, try pastis bistro, l'affable and the caillot on the rue Jean dames. That was the best of the three, I loved the wine list in an old school book. Oh and avoid the black pearl... Bad for your health.

So well done sunny cannes, thanks for the memories.

Love in travel
Spoons

Room Tip: Ask for rue Antibes, there's even a water glimpse
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I selected to stay in this hotel based on the pictures they display.
Don't expect them to correspond to the reality.
The rooms are very basic.
The service is good, though.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Fedeati
edenhotelcannes, Responsable commercial at Eden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time to write your comment because it is important for us to know your opinion. The hotel has two buildings. One of them is quite new (inaugurated in 2007) and the other one is a little bit older. You probably stay in the second one and that is the reason why you have been desappointed. But we are please to announce you that this building, will be completely renewed this winter (furniture, decoration, painting...). We hope nevertheless that you spent a pleasant stay among us and that we will to see you again in our establishment.

Best regards,
Sales Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2011

The hotel is in a wonderful location in the heart of Cannes. Staff had always big smile and were always helpful. I had a problem with the buggy of my baby and found one of the satff running to find a solution for the problem.....later i found out that she was the sales manager "Nathalie"....thanks a lot.... Thanks Eden Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

High standard room on 6th floor. Good bathroom amenities including bathrobes and slippers. High speed broadband is included in room cost.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 14 August 2011

By no stretch of the imagination is this a four star hotel.The whole atmosphere is dull and dismal - the so called coffee / bar area didn't open until 4pm, the smell of chlorine from indoor pool was overpowering.If you wished to use their rooftop pool it was 17euros and could only accomodate 7 people !Rooms were poor with no blinds and barely any light ,not helped by dark furniture.Gym ....inadaquate.Had we not paid for it in advance,we would have looked for alternative accomadation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I made a return visit to the Eden recently and although it's still a great central base for a stay in Cannes, I was a little disappointed with our room. I booked an economy room in venere.com for €150 per night, thinking that it would be roughly what I had before, but it was cramped and had only a tiny window at ceiling level letting in light. To be fair to the staff they were very helpful and showed us another room which was slightly better, but not much. I explained that I was disappointed that I was not getting a room of a similar quality to what I had experienced before (I guess some of that is partly my own fault as I had clearly booked an economy room). In the end we agreed with reception to pay €35 extra per night to upgrade to a "privilege" room (discounted from the usual €70 surcharge) and we did enjoy the rest of our stay, the room was clean, comfortable, with a modern decor, although not overly big. Staff were pleasant and helpful with bath towels and maps etc and the barman very obligingly came up to our room to open our wine for us. The wifi in the lbby was convenient and the location was excellent for accessing Rue D'Antibes and La Croisette. I think I may consider shopping around next time I come to Cannes.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank susieg77
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We are currently staying in this hotel which, although well located, its rooms do not live up to a 4star hotel standard. Most rooms are old, the walls are damaged whereas the most annoying part is that the bathroom is separate from the toilet ..not to mention that the toilet room has a size of an aeroplane WC and lacks its own sink..additionally, the sink of the bathroom is flooding every time we use it..
And the most unexpected surprise was the breakfast...which in our case is served in the -1 floor of the hotel..omelette made of "dust" of eggs..there are only 2 kinds of cheese and no fruits..some yogurt , bread and croissant and that's all..not refilled of course if you take breakfast late..
If you visit Cannes, definitely choose another hotel.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends