Hotel Cannes Gallia
Official Site
US$324
US$311
  • Restaurant
Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$351
US$254
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hotel Le Canberra(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$248
  • Pool
All reviewsnice hotelminute walkboiled eggsyogurtgood sizerooms are smallclose to the train stationfestivalbalconyprosconstoiletrieseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I had a very good experiences few years ago in the upper floors. This time - during Cannes Film Festival - I ended up in the basement. Everything is clean, but I had somebody stomping above me and somebody else snoring beyond control in another room...

I almost didn't sleep and I was woke up from noises on the street...

Room Tip: Not in the basement, and not on the street
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank marco_spagnoli
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Wonderful hotel, best option if you go to the Festival de Cannes. Everything works perfect at this hotel. The room are great, clean, nice. Its perfect choice!
Beside all the goods from the Hotel everyone there are so nice, specially Joanna, she can help you arrange anything you need there.
I really recommend staying there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I don't really write reviews on here, but after a great few days at the Hotel Cannes Gallia, I had to share my experience.

I booked my stay after reading great reviews and I immediately received an email from Catherine, the reception manager, giving me the full details of the hotel and it's offerings. I responded with a few enquiries about the room itself, and to ask if they could arrange a helicopter transfer for me from Nice airport. Catherine's colleague Joanna was very quick to answer my questions via email, and help me organise my transfer and a specific type of room, being very open and honest about the extra costs.

On the day I arrived, I was picked up at the airport and taken via helicopter to Cannes. A driver then took me to the hotel (provided as part of the service), and helped me with my luggage. When I got to the front desk, the receptionist was quick to help me check-in and provide a map of the area.

Just as I thought things were going perfectly, I heard an irritated couple who were complaining to Catherine about the size of their room and height of the shower. They were clearly unhappy with the hotel as they began to ask about weather or not they had the jacuzzi advertised on the website. I didn't witness the conclusion of the discussion, but in retrospect I think that the couple may have been hoping for something like the JW Marriott, which is vastly out of this price range.

After taking the very small elevator up to the room whilst thinking about the complaints from the couple, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it. I had a private balcony over-looking the pool and the surrounding buildings, and a chocolate DVD was left on the bed as a welcome gift. I don't know which room the couple had, but I'm glad I took the advice on TripAdvisor and asked for a 3rd floor room, which came at a slight extra cost. There were no instructions about how to get the WiFi working, but one phone call to the reception was all it took to get set up.

I spent the 4 days walking to the Film Festival area on Croissette (by the beach), and it was a pleasant 10 minute stroll from the hotel. It was very safe coming back late at night too. I walked back at 3 or 4 in the morning some nights, and never felt unsafe. I did ask the receptionist to call a taxi for me on 2 occasions, and he was able to get me a cab quickly during a very busy time, and also took the liberty of advising me on how muh I should pay if I come back at night.

On one of the days I returned around lunch and my room had not been cleaned yet. The cleaning lady came around 2pm and apologised, but I told her I didn't require it to be cleaned that afternoon anyway. Around an hour later, Catherine from the reception called me to apologise for the late cleaning and said she'd arrange for it to be sorted, but I kindly declined. The attention I received was enough. :)

All in all, the attention to detail and the honesty of the staff members made up for whatever holes there were in the quality of the hotel itself. For the price I paid during high season, I couldn't have asked for more. I'll definitely be staying here again, and booking well in advance to take advantage of the larger rooms and the assistance of Catherine and hers staff.

Room Tip: If you can, definitely ask for a 3rd floor room with a pool view. With some construction happening nearby on the opposite side, I'm glad I took this advice
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stay here twice a year for buisness and don't want to change it, though it is a bit far from the place of work. Free WiFi is really helpfull.Clean. Friendly staff. Quiet location. Only one "but" - there is a building area close to hotel now. They start usulally at 7 am but I cannot say they really make a racket.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have been with our baby.
We got an extra bed.
Service was good, staff was very friendly, roomsevice was very good.
Food was good and tasty, we had every morning a month full of fresh croissants, but not much variety.
There is pool.
One downside elevator is too small, you fit it with 2 men, but hotel have very wide staircase that you can take.

Room Tip: Rooms are quit. Room have an AC/airco, flatscreen,...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family