Where to start...we had a terrible experience staying here. We would agree with the reviews under the poor and terrible categories. We would not stay there again. Let me list the few good things first though:
* Parking underground
* Bus stop in front to get to Cannes (~40 mins, costs 1,50Euros)
* Decent breakfast if you like continental style (but overpriced): they put out mueslix, corn flakes, emmental cheese in little packets, ham slices, black tea, white baguette bread, mini viennoiseries and do it yourself orange juice and do it yourself boiled eggs...but much of the food is gone by 9am so you have to get there early.
* Clean reception area
Now for the bad things:
* Bad value for money: we thought the Agapanthes was good value for money, but actually at ~250 Euros/night/apartment for 4, it isn't that great a deal. You can find hotels for 125 Euros/night for two (one room, double bed). For this price we expected a clean, well kept place. This wasn't what we got. There were so many issues.
* We were promised an 'upgrade' to a 'double suite' suitable for 5 people to sleep in the email confirmation, but were given a regular room for 4 AND derided for this by the staff...2 different staff members said 'Well we don't have rooms for 5" and "you can't put another bed in the apartments" as if it was our fault! Clearly they have some internal issues, since we have an email confirming our 'upgrade' and the ability to sleep 5 from their staff. The fact that they made it our fault that we had 5 and were promised space for 5 to sleep was completely uncalled for. In the end one person had to sleep on a mattress on the floor. Not ideal.
*We were promised a 'garden view' room since we all know pool view = loud kids screaming in the wee hours, but we were given two 'pool view' apartments so it was super loud.
* Rooms very old/not in great condition (see cracks in floor in photo) and mould in bathroom
* Not clean:
- a friend dropped some water on the floor and when she wiped it up the paper towel was covered in black, just a few hours after we arrived)
- toilets smelled of urine
- stains on bed cover and on chairs also
- very bad ventilation in bathroom so mould growing (see photos)
*Apartment (it's NOT a hotel) does not advertise anywhere that you need to CLEAN AT END OF STAY. I don't know how one reviewer said he didn't have to clean the flat, but that's simply not true. You DO have to clean the flat, which is why they provide a hoover, a sachet of floor detergent, broom and a rag (have to put the rag on the broom to clean). I know this because I asked them to send the cleaning lady to our room (especially for fresh towels) and she said they charge you for the cleaning, the towels and even for a new roll of toilet paper! This is fine, but the apartments should be cheaper if this is the case AND it needs to be clearly spelled out for guests all over their website, in the room confirmation, etc. and it simply is not.
The way they told us we had to stay and pay for toilet paper, etc. was also very discourteous, unfriendly and aggressive.
* In view of this they need to provide cleaning supplies, but the ones provided are inadequate. No dish detergent/soap, etc. Broom was absolutely filthy (hair, dust, toilet paper)
* Twice we came home in the eary morning and no one was at reception (which they assured us was staffed 24/7) so we had to wait outside, banging until someone let us in. On the last day of our stay they told us there was also a way into the elevator from the parking using our keys!
*The "sofa bed" is actually two single beds that pull out..I think this is misleading.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Les Agapanthes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.