“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2014 via mobile

We are enjoying coffee after having the best dinner we have had in Cannes in the last week. A great recommendation from the conciege at The Carlton. This is Michelin class cooking for a fraction of the price. The beef and scallop dishes were fantastic and the desserts incredible! Great and reasonably priced local wine list and a 'buzz' of local interest.
P&K

Reviewed 28 September 2014

if you appreciate the finer things in life you must eat here.
Apart from the food being excellent the chef is quite an artist in the way the dishes are presented.
I highly recommend the prawns wrapped in shredded pastry, the Foie gras was also excellent, but the dish of the day is equally excellent.
Main courses, one of each dish for different meats I.e. Beef, lamb, duck etc. the filet stuffed with mushrooms was just perfectly cooked, as was the Sole.
Crisp white tablecloths and real napkins all add to the classy atmosphere. The service is excellent, giving you enough time between courses.....if you are I a rush, it's not for you.
The desserts......exquisite, I'll attempt to add photos.....I have already re-booked.....just perfect what else can I say.
You will need to book except on a Saturday lunch time when it is very quiet from my experience.
Charming staff who speak very good English too . Just off rue D'Antibes and easy to find.

1  Thank psha1948
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Just returned to our hotel after dinner this evening at Aux P'Tits Anges. We travel frequently in
France and it is very uncommon for us to have a bad meal, but our experience at Aux P'tits Anges
was not good. The food was disappointing, the chairs were uncomfortable and the service was too
slow.
I must say that I find it difficult to believe that the almost unanimous glowing reviews posted on
tripadvisor are coming from actual patrons. We usually depend upon the information posted
here, but our experience was nearly the exact opposite of what we read.

7  Thank Clvinfrance
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We visited the restaurant on the 5th September, a party of ten. The food was the best we had in Cannes. The presentation was fabulous and the owners were very attentive and the service was great. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough! If you are in Cannes make the effort to visit I promise you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Raine101
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Living in the South of France for more than 7 years, this is my greatest discovery so far.
I needed to find a restaurant for my Italian guests who are very critical about food (like most Italians). Trusting on Tripavisor I booked a table for 10 in this restaurant. At the end of the evening someone asked who found this restaurant and I told them it was me. I received an ovation!
The menu is already exciting, it is a blend of Mediterranean and Asian influences. The presentation is spectacular and made great impression on my guests. The taste is very good, they are using fresh ingredients and the meat and fish are cooked just right. The service is really good, they pay attention to individual guests.
Will come back soon.