“A pleasure”

Ranked #50 of 935 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Da Mimmo is a traditional Italian Trattoria, a familly run business with a twist, the look is old bistrot style and the food is all home made with an open plan kitchen WE ARE OPEN FROM TUESDAY TO SATURDAY AND 7/7 DURING CONGRESSES AND SUMMER
Reviewed 13 November 2014

A French/Italian friend recommended this place to us. He is usually a miserable sod so to hear him talk so enthusiastically about a place we were keen to give it a go.

The first seconds of arriving usually decide the mood you will be in for the meal, especially in France. We asked for a table in our best French half expecting a battle and to be publically humiliated by the waiter.

It was a relief to be spoken back to in English by a helpful young man by the name of Seb. From that point forward we were in excellent hands.

The interior has exposed brickwork and wooden floor, a look I love. The smell of the wood oven really added to the atmosphere.

The food was delicious with real good flavours. I had the Tagliatelle aux Truffes and my wife had Spaghetti Frutti di mare, both plates clean. Stayed for a bottle of wine and didn't feel rushed at any point.

If you are looking for good food, a warm welcome even if you are not French (a pleasure) in a relaxed atmosphere (who isn't) you won't go far wrong here.

2  Thank Gaston B

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Do Not Miss it!!!
This is Italy in France but with a twist!!!\
Da MIMMO is not your traditional italian, the owners have lived in London for over 9years and the 'Padre' in kitchen and the kitche staff are all 100% Italian,
On the floor they wear berret, and the music is british pop rock, this place surely rock.
Amazing fresh food and quality of service is definetely london style compare to a lots of place in Cannes,
try the antipasti misto for 2 to share and do not miss the vongole its a pure delight(my wife had the bresaola pizza and she is still talking about it) we had no room for the desert but apparently they were great (the table next to us had the tiramisu)
we will surely return when next in Europe

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there last night. Great comfort food excellently cooked and served with great service. Best to make reservations.

Reviewed 16 October 2014 via mobile

I first discovered Da Mimmo on a visit to Cannes in April this year, and I've been back twice this week (and will probably go again tonight!). It's set away from the craziness of congress and is a world away from the more visitor-oriented restaurants closer to the Palais, but still very close to the action. The food is rustic, fresh, authentic and delicious Italian. I've devoured my own Insalata Tricolore with a whole gigantic ball of mozzarella di buffala, the house special Spaghetti Vongole, Gnocchi 4 Fromaggi and a 4 stagioni pizza - not all in one sitting! All delicious. I've also tried friends' dishes, all moreish and super-generous portions, so much so that I've not yet managed to make it to dessert. To top it off, the guys who run the place are GREAT: attentive, easygoing and friendly (borderline hipsters in a good way!).

Da Mimmo is a real, comfortable haven serving some of the best food in Cannes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

My husband and I disagree about few things but pizza is one of them. He is a fan of Pizza Express's American Hot (I think Pizza Express is the devil of the pizza world). He likes a medium crust, I like it to be so thin it's almost transparent. He doesn't mind industrial mozzarella, I avoid it like the plague. So, this is basically his review: he gave his pepperoni pizza at Da Mimmo NINE OUT OF TEN - unheard of. I loved the chilli oil on the table as a matter of course, the fresh rocket on my pizza and the extremely friendly but professional service from a charming young man in a beret, who spoke great English.

The Bardolino was delicious and chilled to perfection.

My pizza? I should have asked for no mozzarella and it would have been perfect, so my fault for it not reaching nine out of ten on my side. I think I need to go back and try it again. I'm sure my husband won't disagree...