“Do not go there”

The worst apartmen I've ever stayed! Old rooms are smelling,etc

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank szofcsi

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I'm only writing this - belatedly - because things have obviously not improved since our stay there 2 years ago. Some of the positive comments on this site (from first-time posters!) seem downright suspicious to me.

We stayed here 2 years ago and frankly it was disgusting - dirty public areas, broken furniture, overcrowded pool area - the worst Pierre and Vacance I've ever stayed in and we've stayed in 10 different sites over 10 years as a family. I took photographs and sent them to P&V management, but from the current comments they've done nothing to improve it - this property should not be in their brochure, it destroys the reputation of the company.

We only stayed one night (my wife and kids were too upset to stay longer) and were fortunate to get moved to Isola 2000 for the remainder of our holiday (many people were complaining at the reception about the quality of the hotel! but clearly didn't know as we did, that you can ask to move elsewhere to another P&V resort). Isola was lovely - a gorgeous typical P&V apartment with great views in a lovely resort 70km north of Nice in the Alpes - lots of sun and none of the unpleasantness of Cannes Beach Residence. I wrote to P&V after my holiday - with photos - and received a refund of the difference between the Cannes and Isola holiday prices. this resored my faith a bit in the company but they really need to do something serious about this site.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank 39stepsBrussels
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Very nice place, relaxing and very good situated. Great position to visit the french riviera- about 20 mns from Antibes, 30 mns from Nice and 45 from Monaco. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Upon arriving in Cannes, France, my family and I were very excited to experience everything that this infamous city had to offer. After renting a car, we drove through Cannes trying to find our hotel, Pierre & Vacances, but couldn't find it. We ended up being lost for two hours until finally arriving by chance because we were so aggravated that we pulled into a random parking lot. This place was not marked clearly, for some of the letters on the sign were missing and it was in the corner of a pillar dimly lit. It's 11 o'clock at night and we are relieved to have finally arrived. But soon disappointed to find out that the front desk has closed. We panic and quickly find a waitress who quickly calls her manager. A man comes and gives us our to the our room. We ordered a "spacious" villa that was said to accommodate seven comfortably. We were in for quite the surprise. Instead of our villa, we got a small set of rooms. One room had a queen size bed with barely enough room to squeeze by. Another wasn't even a room, more like a closet stuffed with bunkbeds. Then there were two moderately sized hard-as-stone couches, one with a trundle. The sheets smelled musty. The bathrooms were small and dirty. Everything was dirty. Some lights didn't work, there was no remote to the television that was smaller then this computer screen I am currently using, there were jail-esque bars on the windows, and lastly the air conditioners were just empty boxes and used for show. When the next morning, I complained to the front desk, the manager yelled at me and ripped the key out of my hand. The wifi and even the chairs by the pool cost money. Me and my family left and are currently staying at a fabulous hotel after only one awful night at the Pierre & Vacances.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank halzim1
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We arrived at Cannes Beach on may 24 th and got our room right away. Personnal is professionnal and very helpfull. When we got to our appartment (because this no hotel but appartment with kitchenette) bed spred and towels were on the couch smelling clean and realy looking white not yellowish. The supermarkets and restaurant are at walking distance and the Cannes Beach is less than 3 miles from the center of Cannes. There are three negative points. 1) appartment need refreshing. 2) To close to the railroad with train passing about every 30 minutes while you're sleeping. I would certainly go back there and will recommand it to my friends and family. 3) Parking is expensive 60 euro for the week.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Stayed in this place during MIP TV. It was cheap, there was a bath in the "apartment", there was a shuttle bus to MIP, breakfast was fine and there is a small supermarket on the ground floor. Those are the only good things that can be said for this place. The corridors were disgusting and dirty (had to avoid a very suspicious looking deposit on the floor and someone's pee-stained sheets were left out all day long....) and like something out of a horror film....the "apartment" smelled awful, the metal rail of the balcony fell off when I leant (lightly) on it, and fell down two floors to land on the balcony below (could have killed someone), the balcony table collapsed when touched, the room was tiny yet it contained a double bed, sofa bed and bunk beds... god knows how a family of 4 would cope in that lack of space. There was no WiFi in the room - you had to go to reception to use the internet, which the staff were resolutely unapologetic for. I heard them refusing to give a refund to someone who'd paid extra for WiFi in his room, only to find that there wasn't any.... The staff were the worst - arrogant, terribly rude and the standard answer was "non" to everything. Oh and the pool was empty.

There are better cheap, depressing, cramped places to stay in Cannes than this one. I would advise anyone NOT to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank TLilyAmsterdam
Reviewed 31 March 2011

IF YOU READ THIS I AM WARNING YOU NOW, DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT!, STAY HERE! i honestly could have cried this almost ruined my holiday and i have never in my life felt like that about a hotel. i have stayed in 4 + 5 star hotels and i have stayed in budget hotels. i have stayed in b+b's and i have stayed in many hostels. but never been treated as badly or paid over the odds in my life. i would never recommend anybody to stay in this hotel. the rooms were dirty. the staff were very rude. they wouldn't believe us when we told them there was a strange man and woman in our apartment when we got there! how bad is that?? someone had copied or robbed keys and were just using the room for whatever. even when we finally convinced them we got no apology?! the rooms were shocking anyway, tv didnt work, the lights in the corridors don't work properly, the lifts are temperamental. the couch which "converts" into a bed was disgusting and dirty as was the bathroom and the other beds. to be honest i'm getting fed up writing this review because it was just horrible and i will never stay in a Pierres Vacances hotel again and anyone i know who is going away i'll let them know. we were just so so let down

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
10  Thank Liam_the_Surfer
pv_customer_liaison, Guest Relations Manager at Pierre & Vacances Residence Cannes Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

We apologise for the negative comments you have posted. Firsty we are sorry that the customer service and level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations and come up to our usual high standards. We strive to ensure our customers are as comfortable as possible in our apartments. If a customer is unhappy with a room they are allocated we will always endeavour to find a replacement room that is adequate and suits their needs. This should have happened in your instance and we sincerely regret this was not the case during your stay. These comments have been passed onto Management of the Residence for further consideration. We sincerely hope this public apology in some way compensates for your stay with Pierre & Vacances but encourage you to contact our customer services department should you wish to discuss this further.