“Gem in Cannes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chanteclair

Chanteclair
Ranked #60 of 126 Hotels in Cannes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Location could not be beaten. Right in Old Town & 5 mins walk to the marina. Manager & dog is friendly. Room was the cheapest in town at this price unfortunately you do get what you pay for. The hotel is old & rundown. Our room had an open shower which wasn't mentioned in the ad. The WC was small. We had sewage smell from the pipes. Very basic so don't expect kettle or hairdryer. Good enough for backpackers & stayers only wanting a comfortable bed for few nights but we (couple) would rather pay more than stay here again but that's just our preference.

Stayed May 2014
Pascal F, Manager at Chanteclair, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for taking time to write a review on Hotel Chanteclair. You have selected a hotel in the old part of Cannes, hence it is an old building. You write that you did not like the room. That make me sad because you did not tell me. We could have given you another room. All our rooms are different but of course all rooms are very small. We do write that on our website. You are also claiming a hairdryer. We do lent out hairdryers from the reception if asked of. I hope that you will find hotels that suits you better in the future.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have just returned from a 4-day stay in this hotel / hostel. I booked it via hostels.com and you can't argue with the cost - 100 euros for 4 days - what a bargain.

I absolutely loved the location, charm and ambience of this hotel as well as my little room 4. I booked this pretty last minute as I suddenly found myself with a long weekend on the cards due to a public holiday in Amsterdam and decided to set off for some sun.

Room 4 has a shower (not for the large), sink, queen bed and the toilet is just outside (which did not bother me at all). The room overlooked the courtyard and each morning I was woken (after a great night's sleep) to the sound of a wood pigeon and also the world's noisiest seagull!

I slept really really well here, the bed was v comfortable and with the window open it was just the right temperature.

Location wise, as others have said, you are right next to the market and 'restaurant row' in the old town, as well as just down the road from the Croisette. If you are after a private beach then I can recommend the O'key private beach. If you go down to the marina and turn right, you can't miss it. The prices are 12 euros per day in the week and 16 euros at the weekend for a sunbed & parasol. The owners and staff were lovely to me for the two days I was there.

Pascal is very kind and his dog Oscar is a little naughty thing (but v cute French boxer). If you are not keen on dogs then do not be put off, he is only a tiny thing and Pascal will tie him up if he is running around and being too naughty.

For 7 euros you can have a continental breakfast or if like me, you just want coffee, then a grand cafe is 2.50 euros (and I did check out the prices round about - he is cheaper).

Also if you ask him nicely, you may arrive after 8pm - but you must ask in advance.

Overall, I loved this little place - I felt very at home, and I'm sure I will be returning. I'm only sorry that the weather in Amsterdam is several degrees cooler than it was on the Cote D'Azur, as I'm missing the warmth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

At Chanteclair you get a very rare experience - a hotel with personality and a personal touch. The experience you will get here is very far from the standard and impersonal experience at a big hotel. Sure, the hotel has got some "patina" and hasn't got the amenities you may be used to, but it compensates for this by having charm - this unique vibe that makes you feel good.

Pascal, the hotel owner, takes a personal interest in making sure you have the best stay possible. And then - you don't find a better location.

I can't recommend this enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel Chanteclair for 5 nights in the end of April. The reason we booked this hotel was the god rewiewes on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. This small hotel has a very friendly atmosphere thanks to the owner, Pascal, and his dog, Oscar. The hotel could not be more perfectly situated in Cannes, a few steps away from rue de Suquet, very close to the Forville market and a short walk to the beach. It is still very quiet. Our room was small, but it had a toilet and a shower and it was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Pascal serves breakfast in the charming courtyard. Above all, the prices for his hotel is very reasoneable. We most certainly will be back again and again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Roskilde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel Chanteclair – the cheapest hotel in Cannes p.t. – is both a hostel (some rooms) and a very charming hotel (other rooms, lately renovated). Situated in the old part of the town it offers lots of charm and hospitality. The host is transforming all the small rooms into stylish and well functioning rooms.
The hotel does not offer tv in the rooms, but has a well functioning Wi-Fi connection. Certain closing hours of the reception must be respected as the hotel is run only by the owner, Pascal. Once you are installed you have your own key and can come and go as you like.
Every detail is well considered, and the charm of both the hotel and the patio is unmatched. Hotel Chanteclair is highly recommendable.

Room Tip: No. 7 is a fine, small room for a couple
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is properly the best value for money I have ever experienced..
The location of this little private owned and very personally run hotel is a true pearl in the heart of the old town in Cannes. The owner Pascal and his little dog is making all the difference from the fancy hotels in town, which I also like :-)
However 45 Euro for a room in Cannes is something I did not know was possible at all.. But is is, and the rooms are newly renovated, clean and nice. The courtyard is something really unique and a very cozy place to have a glass of wine in the evening or having your breakfast in the morning. All in all, this i really a place I can recommend 100%

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeterPostLundsgaard
Pascal F, Manager at Chanteclair, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear guest. Thank you so much for taking time to write a review and thank you also for the nice review indeed. I am very happy that you liked your stay and I hope to be able to welcome you again next time you will visit Cannes.