“Thank you Caroline for another great evening!”

L'Angle des Saveurs
Ranked #84 of 821 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
St Peter Port, Guernsey
“Thank you Caroline for another great evening!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great service for a difficult festival crowd as always. Merci Caroline and team and I look forward to seeing you all again soon :)

• Visited October 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Worst dining experience of our holiday!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Upon arrival and after being giving our menu's we ordered a soft-drink to quench a thirst before getting around to looking at the wine list- eventually a diet-coke arrived and finally after a further delay the coke was delivered without even a hint of a smile or an apology. This transpired to be a small factor in our overall dissatisfaction.

Food at nearby tables looked good in fairness and menu had a comprehensive range of choices. We both ordered fillet beef and while my wife didn't want a starter I opted for a Caesar salad. We both stressed that we wanted the meat very well cooked- the fact that the waitress volunteered her understanding of this request as being "no red" left us confident in our request. However this is where any confidence she instilled in us ended. Such was the speed with which she took the order that we did question when she left the table whether she had actually the side- orders etc.
she returned after a few minutes to say fillet was all gone, which was fair enough as a large group had been leaving when we arrived- she offered duck as an alternative. My wife opted for entrecôte very-well done and I then chose a pasta dish. It was around this stage the previously mentioned soft drink arrived.
Main courses arrived and when I asked where my starter was she asked would I have it after the main course- I agreed. My wife cut her steak to find it raw in the centre, she called the waitress to send back the steak, she did offer to cook it more but raw meat is real No-No in our house. It was at this stage her rudeness and lack of interest really became apparent.

She then appeared back to ask my wife if she would like a salad which she declined - it later becoming apparent that this cancelled my postponed starter!!

Only one of my side orders arrived.

The ultimate display of her lack of interest in her work or her customers was the fact that she proceeded to pour herself a glass of wine, light a cigarette and sit down with a table of her friends and start chatting.... This was not at the en of a long nights shift and it was not late.......... The place was still quite full.

We didn't delay in looking for he bill and to our surprise saw the entrecôte included. We questioned this at the counter, the assistant said we refused to allow the steak be further cooked and called our waitress who transpired to be a manageress who literally grunted at us in deducting the charge.

The other staff seems genuine and reasonably friendly, the other food looked good and my pasta was delicious but this waitress left a bitter taste against this restaurant. If we could be guaranteed she was not working we might give it another try. It's reasonably priced if the service was any way acceptable.

This review may be long winded but I do feel it necessary to outline the full sequence of events in order to support our rating....

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Buckthorn1
New York
“Good value, good service, good location”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Another surprising restaurant in Cannes, with good food, friendly service and good value (for Cannes). Good French / brasserie choices for the adults in my group while offering more accessible foods for my children (pizza, etc). Nice location and good desserts, too.

• Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“excellent value and location”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

two minutes walk from le Croisette yet very decent food at a reasonable price. Choose from pizza, pasta, fish and meat dishes.

Visited May 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile, price good for Cannes”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We went to this restaurant twice during our stay. The staff were very welcoming and the food was excellent better still the price was right. The second time we went the waiter remembered our drink choice from the previous visit. Very impressive! It is not in the flashy part of the town but is near enough and its location is reflected in the price.

• Visited May 2013