“Amazing!”
Review of Cap Estel Hotel

Cap Estel Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Eze
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Invited for the Sunday brunch by friends staying at the hotel and I can honestly say WOW!
Arrived by car - greeted by my name with a smile. We were escorted in the nicest possible way to our friends waiting for us by the infinity pool where we admired the most amazing views of the Côte d'Azur. We then sat down to eat a wonderful buffet brunch washed down with Roederer Champagne! The Maitre d'hôtel knew the names of each of the 5 children and all the staff just went out of their way to make it an enjoyable day. I visited our friends bedroom (112) and the space, the views, the bathrooms, the bedrooms were just breathtaking.
I just wish that I could have spent the night but maybe next time!
There was no snobbishness, no typical "French arrogance" just total respect for clients and I can truly say a wonderful experience - even if it was just for brunch.
For the record I travel and stay in many luxury hotels so I can justifiably recommend this hotel based on what I saw and experienced.
The Cap Estel is a world apart.
Well done to the management!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Well ... One of the best places I have been to.
It is just a perfect combination of clam, luxury, beauty (of everything).
Monaco is just 3 km away, but who cares when you can spend the day in the garden with an OVERview on the Méditerranée. The pool (warm sea water) is close to the edge; hence you swim in the pool, while overlooking the sea, and passing by yachts. Just magic.
Of course, time it. Prices are x5 during Monaco grand prix.
The Sunday Brunch is a very good deal (90 euros all included); you can even go there for the Brunch only. It comes with unlimited Deutz Champagne (one of the best ones). Plan to spend a couple of hours more near the pool, or the beach at the bottom if you plan to drive later.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank icbernard
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Simply put... you must stay here! From the moment you arrive at the iron gates, you know this place is special. It is small and elegant with luxurious views of the Mediterranean. The photos don't do it justice, it is something you must see in person. I do recommend having a car while staying here, you'd need it to visit Nice or Monaco. A romantic place for a spectacular getaway or honeymoon. The service was a lacking and I expected more for the stature of the hotel and the room /suite price. That being the only negative, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank T T
Reviewed 1 January 2012

What a terrific experience, the most beautiful (maybe in the world) hotel on the sea, voted the best on the sea in France. Located between Nice and Monaco, 14 rooms, was the palace for a Russian royality. We were upgrated to a two level suite, with two balaconies overlooking the sea. If you want something very special this is it. Would be a unbelievable place to get married, it is a palace that sits on a pennisula, the pictures are beautiful, but the hotel is more gorgeous than the pictures. The breakfast is nice, but I would go into Monaco or Nice for dinner. You do need a car to get around.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TravelerandWine
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My hubby treated me to a weekend away for my birthday, I didn't know where I was going so when we flew to Nice I thought great,
When I was brought here I was blown away, it was a very pretty hotel, the service was okay, not outstanding but we had no issues. We actually took the train that stops near the hotel to Monaco for the evening so that made the trip more special.
It's a very "James Bond" hotel and a little on the pricey side, but if I got the chance would I go again? Yes,in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Pick a suite if you can afford it, we got shown inside their premium one and I would pay for it if I...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gooey Events L
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Cap Estel is a gorgeous hotel, really stunning. The main building is elegant and well-designed, the view is to die for, and the infinity pool is a dream. Even the gym has a 100+ degree view of the Med. We loved our stay here and I would probably go back because it's such a beautiful and special place, but I do have some reservations.

We were upgraded from our original room to an amazing suite built into the cliff with a 180degree view of the ocean and completely private/hidden balconies. Amazing. However, the room itself was very small and the furniture/decor was surprisingly very average (the kind you'd see in a nondescript hotel elsewhere) - not what you expect given the elegance of the main building, the gorgeous setting, and the list price for the suite.

Second, the service is generally disinterested and unresponsive, and was particularly so when we had an issue we were hoping they could resolve. We called a number of times asking if they could fix the internet, and it took them 36 hours to send someone. When someone did finally come by it wasn't fixed. We called back, someone came again, and again it wasn't resolved. When we talked to the front desk staff about this they were non-committal. Only at the end of the stay when we brought it up again did they tell us that the internet hadn't been working in the whole property for the entire duration of our stay, something that it would have been nice to have been informed of earlier. Also, the service at the cafe is very slow and be warned, prices are very high - 35 euros for a hamburger (although the service at the restaurant for dinner was very good).

Again, this really is a lovely hotel, and certainly worth visiting if you can, but doesn't provide the kind of flawless experience you should be able to expect at this price range. I'd love to see the management focus on the issues above because it could then easily become one of the best hotels we've ever had the good fortune to experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Cap Estel is by far the most beautiful and unique place we've stayed. We started our two week trip to France here. And everything from accommodations, to food, and the property and the servers were excellent. I agree with another reviewer it is James Bondesque when you first enter the property through big, beautiful wrought iron gates. It is not an easy place to find if you don't know where you're going and we didn't. But an hour later (from our venture out) we found it thanks to the local office of tourism nearby.

We were fortunate to have a room right on the Mediterranean and were lulled to sleep by the crashing waves. When it was it was for us to leave, we did not want to go even though we knew we had other exciting places to visit. I suggest a long stay here if you can find an opening. The property only accommodates a small number at a time, so you feel like you're staying at someone's home but with plenty of privacy, just loved that. We can't wait to plan our return trip there before a year expires. On the only negative note, yes like someone else mentioned internet access is sporadic, but they did their very best to assist my husband with this issue. Personally, I think you should just relax and try to do without the internet while you're here to get the full effect as I did:)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank finefoodlover4ever
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Chateau Eza
Chateau Eza
#2 of 6 in Eze
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#1 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & Spa
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & S...
#1 of 14 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hotel Eze Hermitage
Eza Vista
Eza Vista
#5 of 6 in Eze

Been to Cap Estel Hotel? Share your experiences!