“Impeccable resort, beautiful location, superior service”
Review of Cap Estel Hotel

Cap Estel Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Eze
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Cap Estel is a completely private location, after ringing the bell from the road, the gate will be opened and after going down a narrow road through several switchbacks through an impeccable garden, I was greeted outside the main entrance. The car was whisked away and parked in front of the building ready for me to hop in and drive away again. I had booked a junior suite and was promptly led to me room. They had to fix the lawn that got damaged over the winter and when I complained about some noise I was promptly offered a different room, showed to two different rooms I picked an upgrade to one of the large suites. There was no debate, my satisfaction was key and that made for a great experience. The large suite was simply wonderful, I loved the terrace and the room was in perfect shape. I had dinner at the restaurant twice and ordered room service once, the food was amazing. When you stay there you should keep in mind that Cap Estel is a place that you really will not want to leave to go anywhere else. It really is a destination on its own. The privacy of the place is amazing, the views are stunning and the history of the hotel can be studied in one of the many books about the property in every room. When staying there I felt I had the place to my own, a wonderful experience, I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a terrace. The rooms overlooking the little beach a super romantic for...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BernhardK1

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We booked this Hotel for our honeymoon and were absolutely delighted with our choice.The hotel is immaculate.The service is discrete but totally efficient and friendly.It has the feeling of a luxury villa and a 5 star hotel all in one.We had the spa to ourselves,it was all truly relaxing.The michelin starred restaurant is a gem in its own right with a fixed price lunch menu and the a la carte dinner
was as good as the Waterside.We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patrick621
Stuart L, Director at Cap Estel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

perfect venue for a honeymoon.everyone at Cap Estel appreciates your comments.delighted it was everything you expected and more...happy first anniversary.hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Invited for the Sunday brunch by friends staying at the hotel and I can honestly say WOW!
Arrived by car - greeted by my name with a smile. We were escorted in the nicest possible way to our friends waiting for us by the infinity pool where we admired the most amazing views of the Côte d'Azur. We then sat down to eat a wonderful buffet brunch washed down with Roederer Champagne! The Maitre d'hôtel knew the names of each of the 5 children and all the staff just went out of their way to make it an enjoyable day. I visited our friends bedroom (112) and the space, the views, the bathrooms, the bedrooms were just breathtaking.
I just wish that I could have spent the night but maybe next time!
There was no snobbishness, no typical "French arrogance" just total respect for clients and I can truly say a wonderful experience - even if it was just for brunch.
For the record I travel and stay in many luxury hotels so I can justifiably recommend this hotel based on what I saw and experienced.
The Cap Estel is a world apart.
Well done to the management!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Well ... One of the best places I have been to.
It is just a perfect combination of clam, luxury, beauty (of everything).
Monaco is just 3 km away, but who cares when you can spend the day in the garden with an OVERview on the Méditerranée. The pool (warm sea water) is close to the edge; hence you swim in the pool, while overlooking the sea, and passing by yachts. Just magic.
Of course, time it. Prices are x5 during Monaco grand prix.
The Sunday Brunch is a very good deal (90 euros all included); you can even go there for the Brunch only. It comes with unlimited Deutz Champagne (one of the best ones). Plan to spend a couple of hours more near the pool, or the beach at the bottom if you plan to drive later.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank icbernard
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Simply put... you must stay here! From the moment you arrive at the iron gates, you know this place is special. It is small and elegant with luxurious views of the Mediterranean. The photos don't do it justice, it is something you must see in person. I do recommend having a car while staying here, you'd need it to visit Nice or Monaco. A romantic place for a spectacular getaway or honeymoon. The service was a lacking and I expected more for the stature of the hotel and the room /suite price. That being the only negative, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank T T
Reviewed 1 January 2012

What a terrific experience, the most beautiful (maybe in the world) hotel on the sea, voted the best on the sea in France. Located between Nice and Monaco, 14 rooms, was the palace for a Russian royality. We were upgrated to a two level suite, with two balaconies overlooking the sea. If you want something very special this is it. Would be a unbelievable place to get married, it is a palace that sits on a pennisula, the pictures are beautiful, but the hotel is more gorgeous than the pictures. The breakfast is nice, but I would go into Monaco or Nice for dinner. You do need a car to get around.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TravelerandWine
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My hubby treated me to a weekend away for my birthday, I didn't know where I was going so when we flew to Nice I thought great,
When I was brought here I was blown away, it was a very pretty hotel, the service was okay, not outstanding but we had no issues. We actually took the train that stops near the hotel to Monaco for the evening so that made the trip more special.
It's a very "James Bond" hotel and a little on the pricey side, but if I got the chance would I go again? Yes,in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Pick a suite if you can afford it, we got shown inside their premium one and I would pay for it if I...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gooey Events L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Chateau Eza
Chateau Eza
#2 of 6 in Eze
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#1 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & Spa
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & S...
#1 of 14 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hotel Eze Hermitage
Eza Vista
Eza Vista
#5 of 6 in Eze

Been to Cap Estel Hotel? Share your experiences!