“Pure Luxury, Fabulous Vistas”

Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Napa, CA
“Pure Luxury, Fabulous Vistas”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stopped here for an afternoon lunch and cocktail on their patio overlooking the ocean. Bring binoculars to view the various yachts floating in the harbor below. The grounds are beautiful, the service was wonderful without being invasive, and the views are spectacular. It's a must for anyone who wants to treat themselves to something very special, as it reflects in the bill too.

1 Thank MissIvNapa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Chevre d'Or at the end of September this year ~ a special property that had been on my bucket list for years. When we checked in, everyone was lovely and friendly, and to our delight, we were upgraded to a tiny stone villa at the edge of the cliff with a private rooftop terrace. It was a two room suite, with a white baby grand piano in the living area (!), elegant furnishings, large windows overlooking St. Jean Cap Ferrat and the sea. The spacious bathroom was entirely marble with gold fixtures. Absolutely perfect for a romantic interlude, with breathtaking gardens and amazing sculptures. It was, without reservation, our favorite hotel of all time! Treat yourself to this magnificent property ~ although it is very pricey, it is worth every penny. (They do have specials!)

Room Tip: I doubt if there is an unsatisfactory room in the entire chateau.
Armonk, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our two day stay exceeded our expectations.
We had a room with sweeping views of the sea and a private terrace as well.
Service was exceptional.
Also great view from breakfast terrace
Restaurant lived up to 2 star Michelin rating.
a memeorable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The property is lovely; all the gardens and sculptures are stunning. But I'm not sure is worth the price tag.

Rooms: The rooms are converted apartments spread out in the town. This was fine, but the room we had was small, and the bathroom was part of the main area only separated by a room divider. We had a balcony but the view was partly blocked by an adjacent building. We had a view only from the side of the balcony.

Location: the reason to stay at this place is for its location; the village of Eze is absolutely charming.

Service: this is the only negative part, at a hotel this expensive you'd expect excellent service, but it wasn't the case. I had had emergency surgery the day before, and we asked for a room with no stairs as it was painful for me to use them (we actually tried to cancel but it wasn't possible). They assured us that our room had no stairs and that there were only a "couple" of steps to access it. To my surprise the room we were assigned to had a long and tall stairway, you can see the pic. I would have expected a bit more sympathy and a better suited room or at least an explanation of why we were given that room. In addition, after we ate at their restaurant my husband developed a terrible heartburn, when we called the front desk to ask for some remedy they simply said they didn't have anything, and that was it. There was no care whatsoever, no offer to send somebody to the pharmacy or talk to the kitchen staff or other staff for some sort of remedy. My husband had to go back to the restaurant and ask for some help. At a hotel of this caliber, we would have expected a much higher level of service in these two circumstances. We've actually gotten more help in similar situations at places much less expensive.

Restaurant: the 2-Michelin star restaurant was superb, and the service excellent. We had cancelled our reservation, but the manager kindly reinstated it in when we asked if we could dine there. Due to my recent surgery seating was a bit uncomfortable, but the staff went out of their way to make my seating arrangement as comfortable as possible. The food was so delicious that it should be a 3-star instead of 2.

In sum, it is somewhat special to stay here and enjoy breakfast and dinner with such a view, but you could also visit Eze without the price tag.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lily30
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is perfect. Magnificent views, elegant rooms, perfect and friendly service, and a restaurant that is one of the best in the entire region. I have been a frequent visitor to the Côte d'Azur for decades and always stay near the sea. This time I decided to stay at in the mountains. I know Eze well, and it is very well located to easily get to everywhere I enjoy going - particularly off season with no traffic. I had walked up to the hotel every time I visited Eze, but had never stayed before. I was also anxious to try the restaurant that I had heard about. There was no disappointment at all. While dinner was spectacular (and only enhanced by the view - but it would have been spectacular even in a dark basement), it was indicative of a hotel which gives a great deal of attention to detail and to elegance. I had a view of the sea from my room with a small terrace. I don't know if all rooms look out at the water, but if not, it is worth getting one because the view is one of the best of the Côte. I very much look forward to going back and very highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic and beautiful hotel on the French Riviera.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bagherailcane
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great views and food. The rooms could use some updating as they are a bit dated. They could also use service at the pool area. All in all, it is a great place to spend a few days to unwind. Beautiful gardens surround the area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas L
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Breathtaking views!!! Hotel is practically perched on this hill of this small medieval village Eze.
The staff is very nice and helpful, rooms are spacious and comfortable, pool, lounge beds, great restaurants. Great all around.

1 Thank Liudmilla S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau Eza
Cap Estel Hotel
Cap Estel Hotel
#4 of 7 in Eze
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & Spa
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & S...
#1 of 14 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Hotel Eze Hermitage

Been to Chateau de la Chevre d'Or? Share your experiences!