“spectacular views”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Bristol, United Kingdom
“spectacular views”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This hotel has stunning views over the mediterranean Sea and a lovely infinity pool.You do have to drive in and out and negotiate a helterskelter descent to the carpark and hotel which does make you sightly dizzy.
My daughter commented that the rooms were rather brown in decor but I hadn't really noticed because I was looking at the view .
The staff were very attentive and friendly .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 606barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed one day at this hotel in June 2013. I arrived late at night and I was able to get a very nice french dinner and wine, so far, so good. When I arrived at the room, I found a very old place, with a carpet and tube small television. I asked the front desk to have a iron and a ironning board and they simply forgot to handle it to me. I had to climb all the way to the front desk to get it, they gave me just the iron and when I arrive at the room, the energy plug was not working. In the morning I was able to see the great view of the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Eze hotels

fuckthis
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our room was emptied of electronics while we were a way for half a day. No break marks and another room had the same thing happened. No help from the stuff and they only asked us if we did lock the door. (its a hotel room like any and you don't have to lock the door, it locks it self)
Don't stay here, it looks to me that they have lost a master key or hotel stuff steals from rooms. Bye bye brand new Mac book pro and Sony vaio.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hahahahahahahahahahh
Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We hadn't planned on staying at Hotel Les Terrasses when we booked our trip. However, we ended up wanting to stay another night in the area and our hotel in Menton was full. We found this property through a last minute offer online and it looked reasonably priced for a four star hotel. As others have said before me, I have no idea who is providing such a rating.
Upon our arrival, we didn't mind the theme park ride tunnel (the property IS built on a cliff next to a narrow road) and we parked on the upper area behind the hotel. The view is stunning, the location is quiet and that is where the perks of this establishment end.

When we entered through the uppper level, we thought the property was closed as it was completely dark. The group of employees smoking in the parking lot told us to take the elevator downstairs. The lobby has a completely different look than the rest of the building as it is bright, modern and clean. This gives a false sense of security to unsuspecting guests and looks good on websites. The check-in clerk was friendly enough and sent us to our room. We ventured through another floor of dark hallway with the windows from the workout facility to guide us. Now I know from other reviews that this is a recurring element at Hotel Les Terrasses d'Eze. Initially we were told the electrician would be out the following morning but, they later claimed they had simply 'forgotten' to turn the hall lights on that morning.

The room itself was abysmal. This place makes American roadside motels look like regency resorts. The decor can not be called shabby chic, it is a 1986 garage sale mess. Brown pleather couch that has been chewed on by something, big cracks in the glass on both nightstands, mystery stains on the carpeting, gouges on the furniture, walls and doorframes. The shower and vanity have been rennovated but, the toilet is in a hallway closet ten feet away. It is not a separate room, it is a three foot wide, rectangular closet with a toilet and bidet facing eacother. The beds are cheap and you can feel the springs through the mattress pad. Though I must say the bedding appeared very clean.

The patio areas are open, this is not a place for solitude unless you are free of neighbors. Even then, anyone can walk through your area. The wasps other reviews have mentioned are not an anomaly. They are not little brown wasps, they are two inch long, aggressive black and yellow wasps.

Every aspect of this property shows that the people in charge no longer have passion for what they do. It desperately needs a thorough rennovation and owners who care enough to maintain it. Currently, it comes across as a tourist trap for those seeking the serene side of the Riviera.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with this place. Rooms and facilities were a real disappointment and I was pretty fed up the whole time I wAs there. Speaking to others I wasn't alone in my opinions. Also be warned, the hotel is not easily accessible, thus be ready for taxi journeys which are on average 50-60 euros for a 5 km trip. Check out the photos to understand what I mean. Very annoyed with this place. Note, it did cost 180 euros s night not the 70ish euros listed below.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I thought this hotel was going to be great because it looked great from the website. But, they do a terrific job of overshadowing that. The breakfast is decent and the view is amazing from the rooms. But, other than that it's pretty bad. The workers are not nice, the rooms are tiny and not clean and filled with insects. And when you get out of the elevator everything is dark! And don't be fooled by the infinity pool because its not actually like that. All in all the view is amazing but everything else is below average!!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Positive - Spacious rooms with large balcony with a gorgeous view. Pretty pool, although I didn't swim.

Negative - Air conditioning not working. They claimed it was being repaired, but I think it's more likely simply not in use.

Rooms have musty, mildewy smell and space heaters that are evidently used when it's cold. It was hot when I visited and although there was a breeze from the balcony, it wasn't safe to leave the balcony door open since it was freely accessible to all. No windows other than that, so no air at all.

There is nothing nearby in walking distance and taxis are extremely hard to come by. Staff made no effort to assist either.

In summary, I wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
#5 of 7 in Eze
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#2 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Been to Hotel Les Terrasses d'Eze? Share your experiences!