“Outstanding and unique hotel and restaurant with absolutely superb service!”
Review of Chateau Eza

Chateau Eza
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This hotel and restaurant is absolutely fantastic and gives you lots of fond memories for special occasions such as a honeymoon, anniversary or simply a romantic getaway. Stunning views and sublime gourmet meals! Staying here will give you really lots of fine moments of enjoyment and beauty. Simply unforgettable!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chateau Eza

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I took my daughter here for a weeks break and was overwhelmed the food the views the service this is my favorite hotel in the world for the views culture food wine the whole package, the only thing missing here is a swimming pool but they have fantastic private beaches close by so its not a problem absolutely adore this place!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank phoebewillett
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We spent 2 days at the Chaetau Eza, everything was perfect, the room, friendly service and a magnificent view.
the staff was very attentive to make sure that we had the best experience possible.
the room was very cosy and romantic and the restaurant experience: waow!!
what a view and fabulous food. the setting was the most romantic place on earth. we had the chance to have the small balcony and we were feeling ourselves the "king of the world"!!
we will definitely go back...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank usatraveller65
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Great couple hide away on the Riviera, just outside Monaco. Best view of the Med, watch the super yachts passing while lunching on the balcony. Don't bring your heaviest luggage

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

My wife and I loved Chateau Eze. A bit pricey, but worth every euro. The view we had was phenomenal. We had a Junior Suite, the Chambre Medievale, overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean. We booked our room 11 months in advance. They adjusted our rate down when we checked out. They did not have to do that after they quoted us a room rate that far in advance. Rates ususally go up after that period of time. The medieval town of Eze was just amazing. No cars alowed in the small village. We've travelled to a lot of destinations, and this hotel is definitely in the top five.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat1234534515
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We booked a gourmet one night stay at the Chateau for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. They have travelled all over the world and stayed in wonderful and unique hotels. It was therefore going to be difficult to find anything which could trump these experiences. We booked, then read some of the reviews on tripadvisor. We were quite concerned as to whether the stay would be a success, but are delighted to report that it was!
I wanted to organise a surprise taxi service, some extra drinks etc and so contacted the hotel on the Sunday before. Within a few hours all my concerns and requests had been dealt with efficiently and politely. ( We live in the South of France and know how this can often not be the case, particularly on a Sunday!)
When my parents arrived, the staff could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional. My parents stayed in a midrange room with a partial view over the sea. They were delighted with it's unique decor and with the views. ( At night they could hear the soothing sound of the fountain from the cactus gardens!) The room was clean and had individual air conditioning. The internet was free and fast. ( Hence the excited photos of the view which appeared on my email within minutes of their arriving!) The gourmet dinner was excellent and, as we had mentioned that it was a special occasion, my parents dined at a small table on a balcony overlooking the spectacular view of the coast and sea. 10/10 for romance, best view ever AND ( I think most importantly) friendly, non-stuffy, efficient but discreet service. As they made their way back to their room, my parents were delighted to find candles lit all around their room and fresh tea and sweetmeats laid out for them. Breakfast in the morning was a continental offering with croissant etc followed by a nicely prepared salad with ham and cheese. Upon leaving, they were charged for exactly what they expected. The hotel were also helpfully discreet by never revealing what I had paid for. They also sent an email detailing all costs to me within 2 days, without my asking. Thoughtful and efficient. My parents rated their stay as excellent and a once in a lifetime experience. Exactly what we wanted. Thank you Chateau Eza!!!

To address some of the other reviews. We used the recommended taxi service.We paid slightly under the price which other taxi firms quoted us for a trip from Nice center to Eze. I did not feel that the taxi service recommended by the hotel was overpriced. The walk to the hotel takes around 10 minutes and although steep, is not surprising considering where the hotel is placed. As mentioned, there is now individual air conditioning in each room and the internet was free. The rooms were clean and did not smell musty. The most important point for me was that the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant was well cooked, beautifully presented and delicious. There were no long waits between courses .. although my parents were pleased to be given around 15/20 minutes between the main course and the desserts. They chose a bottle of wine for around 75 euros and were happy with the quality. I cannot comment on the beach as my parents didn't visit it. During their stay, the hotel bar was not 'overrun' by tourists and the ambience in the restaurant was sophisticated without being pompous. As far as prices go; yes, the hotel is not cheap, but nothing in this part of the world is! The gourmet deal is, we think, actually rather good value! I can pay up to 10 euros for a coffee in a pleasant cafe in Nice .. not good value, but such is the way of things round here! If you're looking for a state of the art, all mod cons, international type, sleek jet-set experience, then this hotel probably isn't for you! ( Monaco would probably be your best bet.) If you are an independent traveller who likes a more intimate and quirky experience with added glamour and luxury, then this fits the bill! We're saving up for our own stay now!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Em17
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Hotel is very nice and the views are incredible. The service is among the best I've ever seen.

On the down side, you almost have to be a mountain climber to reach the hotel since it is at the very top of a large hill and is ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY foot!!!!!! You valet your car and then walk up a very steep hill. If you are at all heavy or have trouble climbing hills then stay away!!! The luggage guy puts the bags on a hand truck and hauls it up and down the hill. We felt so bad for him we gave him $20 since it was such a long and difficult climb. By te way they used to have two donkeys that would pull a cart up the hill!!!!

Second it has no pool which was a bummer to the kids. The competitor next door, the Cheve D'or does have a pool. Third, the beach is a long way off, by car, and is all rock...no sand. Kind of cool but take sneakers or rubber shoes to go in the water or you will be sorry.

Restaurant at the hotel is unbelievable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Eza Vista
Eza Vista
#5 of 7 in Eze
Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee

Been to Chateau Eza? Share your experiences!