“4 Stars?!”
Review of Eza Vista

Eza Vista
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Eze
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for 6 days with my colleagues and can only question the star rating.
There were no rules/info in place with regards to room service etc. We basically had to request our rooms to be made up on a daily basis.

The general cleanliness was ok, but the balcony and its furniture was caked in dust and spilt drinks.

The bathrooms were relatively clean, but the maintenance work was not the best. Rubber/silicone bath seals seemed warn and dated. The sink was contineously blocked, up until we removed the temp. plug. (It did not allow the water to fully drain and caused a slow leak beneath the sink, which must have been an ongoing issue, as the wooden shelf below it had bad water stains/damage.

The internet (although freshly installed to be available in every room) was shockingly bad. I was forced to keep the front door of the apartment open to gain some sort of signal. The Wifi was OPEN, this changed though, during our stay and to enable the wifi again, one had to fill in various electronic forms, issuing name, address, emails, telephone numbers, copying verification codes etc. I spent and age attempting this and I'm pretty IT savvy.

I asked the receptionist about a taxi, she informed me one could be booked in 5 minutes.
When I returned a little later to request for one to be called, and reserved for 20 minutes time to take me to the airport, she informed me that it was the week of the Formula1 and I may not even be able to get a cab...? She then denied her previous statement regarding 5 minutes. (I did manage to get to Nice airport just in time though).

On one occasion after struggling to connect to the internet, I spoke to a member of staff, who informed me that the Eza Vista is under new management, so I hope it can only improve, as it does have huge potential.

The 4 star rating is definitely an exaggeration or an easy hand out in France.

The room I was in, in our apartment, had NO WINDOW.. I'm not a fan of aircon, but I wish I had some sort of ventilation in my room. Dry, poky, claustrophobic. Furthermore, the bedding was not great... at all.

Things to improve: Make the beds up, change the bedding (I had to strip mine to get this done) I then ended up making my bed up myself every morning, fix what needs fixing, make sure the patio is clean for when guests arrive. Inform guests of what is expected of them. i.e. where we have to empty the bins when they get full, what are the general rules regarding room service and the cleaning of rooms - are the guests expected to do this?! Keep the reception open longer than what it is and finally, make sure the internet works in every room, as advertised. And please don't just share 1 ADSL line between the entire complex. If one person downloads and uses all the bandwidth, others are unable to access even the lightest of websites. Don't charge as much as you do for the rooms/apartments!

Eze itself is a lovely little place, take a walk through the old part of town.. go see the church and the views above the cemetery - WOW

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get an apartment with the rooms that don't have a window.,
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 55MK55

Reviewed 31 May 2013

If you ever plan to spend time in the south of France, you definitely want to stop by the Eze-Nice-Monaco area. Better yet, you want to stay at Eza Vista while visiting the area.
The room at Eza was nice, clean and comfy. I would definitely stay there again when in town.
Furthermore, their 'petit dejeuner' (breakfast) is delicious.

Mike

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Do not stay here! I stayed here for one night as there were no other available hotels now I know why they had a room available! While I was out in the evening someone entered my room odd there was no forced entry ,went through my suitcase and bag stole all my cash and all my jewellery ! When reported it to the receptionist her immediate answer was not sympathetic or apologetic but she said I had no proof and refused to give me the hotel managers name and did not help at all ! Besides being robbed the reception is only open for a few hours in the morning and a few in the evening so you are pretty much left to fend for yourself. The couch in my room looked like it has been thrown from a ten story building then placed back! It's dated awful and I was in tears after the experience traveling alone as a girl! Bad bad bad bad don't do it trust me!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Tatiana K
Loic L, Responsable réception at Eza Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

To answer at these serious charges about our residence and the staff, we have to explain that the gendarms came on place to see and they confirm that it's an INSURANCE FRAUD.

We have to inform you that nobody has the keys of the appartments during the night (from 8p.m untill 8a.m) excepts the customers so... It's just IMPOSSIBLE that someone came into the appartments and stole something without forced the door. And as it's explained, the door wasn't forced!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The hotel had basic facilities, nothing to say "WOW"about really. Stayed there for 3 nights and it was just a place to go back to after a long day out walking and go straight to sleep. They had a "private pool"but it didn't have any deck chairs to lounge in, and it was also in full view of anyone who happened to walk by the main road.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and two young children (6 and 8). I have a bit of a thing for CLEAN hotel rooms and this was one I felt needed another once over before being considered ready. No extra pillows (not even extra, not enough for all four of us). It is basic, very basic but if you are wanting to explore Monaco (which is what we did) it's proximity is perfect and the little town of Eze is sweet. As already mentioned, no internet access except for a computer in the lobby which you can use for free. Parking is free which is one plus for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This place is very basic. No Internet. Rooms boiling hot. 12 inch TV with nothing but bad french gameshows. Coffee machine but no filters, sugar. Worth about 50 dollars a night if you are feeling generous. The only good thing is the location which is in the town of eze.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JohnMarseille
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Have just spent four nights in Eza vista over Easter in a six berth apartment, cheap & basic. safe & clean. A no frills hotel with friendly & helpful staff. Apartment hotel is on the road, so sometimes can be noisy as the traffic moves past very fast! Car park in front of the hotel is only very small so parking a big hire car was always stressful!
The supermarket down the road is fabulous & has everything you could ever need.... But if you don't want to cook there are some super cafe/ bar restaurants in the village that offer a great menu choice & good service.
A great place for families on a budget!

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Novotel Monte Carlo
Novotel Monte Carlo
#7 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Eza Vista? Share your experiences!