“excellent location for exploring the French Riviera”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eza Vista

Eza Vista
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Eze
N. Yorkshire
“excellent location for exploring the French Riviera”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was our 2nd year staying at the Eza Vista, we had booked for 9 nights to use as a base to visit Monaco, Menton, Grasse and surrounding villages. As a family of 4 the apartments are very spacious, the location of the premises is excellent only moments walk from Eze village centre with restaurants, a well stocked petite Casino and a lovely artisan patisserie next door, hence we never used the restaurant for breakfast. The apartments have secure underground parking on a first come basis although there was never a problem finding a space. A bonus feature was the introduction of WIFI although we did find it only seemed to cope with one device at a time. Compared to last year the pool area lacked attention and they had dramatically reduced the seating in this and adjacent terraces - this we found disappointing, also although the maid attended our room everyday the floors weren't washed regularly enough, each apartment has a brush and pan but no mop so you are reliant on the maids washing the floor, therefore shoes had to be worn inside as well as out unless you wanted black feet. Despite this though we still feel it offers a family a fantastic and picturesque base and hope to return there again next year. One addition the owners of the property could consider is the introduction of safety deposit boxes in the apartments, although we had no problems the maids did not leave the room as secure as we had left it - we had dead locked the door and they had not, this happened every day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This self catering apart hotel (breakfast can be purchased) is situated in heart of the very picturesque Eze Village and although the accommodation is basic, it is fairly modern and mostly clean (the pool area could do with more regular attention). The studios and apartments all have balconies, dish washing machines and good sized bathrooms. There is a Patisserie only a few metres away and a good supermarket and post office within 2 minutes walk. Parking is free and when there is no space, there is paid parking very nearby.

I stayed here between 10th-14th July 2013 and it was my second time. When considering that accommodation in this region is usually very expensive, I personally think that this is a very good and relatively low cost option as a base for exploring the beautiful Cote D'Azur. Oh and we found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We find the 4 stars given to this hotel laughable. The location is good but the room cleanliness and facilities are terrible. Very bad, small and dirty pool area. On check in, we found the hallways, the balcony and the appartement very dirty. We had no view from our balcony but got an other room which had a better view. Our room was spacious, but not as clean as one would expect for a four star. The balcony was so dirty and has not been washed for months.The floors were dirty. The staff went and tried to wash but informed that they could not do better than that. Still bedt dirty. We found the appartement in a bad maintenance and the hole hotel really need a fresh up. The photos on the Web are fare from the reality. We asked to get paid back after a we saw the appartement but it wasnt possible. What a shame to pay 1450 € for a week in a hotel that is worth only the Hald of the amount.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Gladfamilie
Toronto
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found the 4 stars given to this hotel laughable. The location is fantastic, but the room cleanliness and facilities were terrible. On check in, we found the hallways and main hotel areas were very dirty. Our room was spacious for a family of four, but not as clean as one would expect, the floors hadn't been swept, and the bathroom had the last person's hair in the sink! On our first day we returned at 5:30 pm to find our room uncleaned. I found the housekeeper in the hallway, and she said she would clean our room in 30-40 minutes! I told her it was okay, and requested clean towels. The next morning, on our way out, I talked to the front desk about my room being unclean, and was assured it would be clean before my return that day. Well, that evening, after a long day of site seeing, we returned to find our room uncleared again! All the house keeper did was give us clean towels! We had taken the option of breakfast, and that was laughable as well! The front desk staff is also the breakfast provider! So, if there is someone complaining, or checking in or out, you have to wait for your breakfast! One morning, they ran out of croissants, and had to run to the bakery next door!

All in all, it is what you make it. Close your eyes to the dirt and enjoy the surrounding village of Eze. The Residence Eze Villa is a beautiful place that is very mismanaged.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Travellin4ever
La Cassaigne, France
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is a real mix. Reception is only there at certain hours but this was balanced by us receiving an email in advance giving the door codes and telling us where to find our room keys. We had reserved a car space (at a fee) but it probably wasn't necessary because there seemed to be free parking available out front. We had apartments, but the crockery, cutlery and glassware were incomplete. You had the sense that $100 spent per apartment would change each from inadequate to exceeding expectations. The view from the apartments is a distant sea view, no shoreline or Riviera marinas, just a thin strip of silver. The hotel is well-located for restaurants and a small supermarket, and the boulangerie next door speaks English, makes fabulous coffee, and offers a wide range of pastries still hot from the oven.

Room Tip: Only take an apartment on the 1st floor or higher, and at the northern end. Don't take breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Staying in Eze is a bit of a problem. There are two up-market hotels in the old village, but if you want something more reasonably priced close to the centre you have limited options. Eza Vista is located at the edge of the old village, so its location is very good.

It isn't a full service hotel, but its website makes that clear. However, there are a large number of restaurants and cafes nearby by, so this really isn't really an issue. All the rooms have small kitchenettes, so you can prepare your own drinks or meals as you wish. There is a small supermarket within a minutes walk. The hotel serves a simple breakfast and the breakfast room benefits from a great view and a pleasant terrace in nice weather.

My only real complaint is that the swimming pool was shut the day we arrived. No explanation was given. The second day it was open, but it could do with a bit of a clean up.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the garden floor. They don't have a view. Moreover, the locks on the terrace door...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingCelt
london
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for 6 days with my colleagues and can only question the star rating.
There were no rules/info in place with regards to room service etc. We basically had to request our rooms to be made up on a daily basis.

The general cleanliness was ok, but the balcony and its furniture was caked in dust and spilt drinks.

The bathrooms were relatively clean, but the maintenance work was not the best. Rubber/silicone bath seals seemed warn and dated. The sink was contineously blocked, up until we removed the temp. plug. (It did not allow the water to fully drain and caused a slow leak beneath the sink, which must have been an ongoing issue, as the wooden shelf below it had bad water stains/damage.

The internet (although freshly installed to be available in every room) was shockingly bad. I was forced to keep the front door of the apartment open to gain some sort of signal. The Wifi was OPEN, this changed though, during our stay and to enable the wifi again, one had to fill in various electronic forms, issuing name, address, emails, telephone numbers, copying verification codes etc. I spent and age attempting this and I'm pretty IT savvy.

I asked the receptionist about a taxi, she informed me one could be booked in 5 minutes.
When I returned a little later to request for one to be called, and reserved for 20 minutes time to take me to the airport, she informed me that it was the week of the Formula1 and I may not even be able to get a cab...? She then denied her previous statement regarding 5 minutes. (I did manage to get to Nice airport just in time though).

On one occasion after struggling to connect to the internet, I spoke to a member of staff, who informed me that the Eza Vista is under new management, so I hope it can only improve, as it does have huge potential.

The 4 star rating is definitely an exaggeration or an easy hand out in France.

The room I was in, in our apartment, had NO WINDOW.. I'm not a fan of aircon, but I wish I had some sort of ventilation in my room. Dry, poky, claustrophobic. Furthermore, the bedding was not great... at all.

Things to improve: Make the beds up, change the bedding (I had to strip mine to get this done) I then ended up making my bed up myself every morning, fix what needs fixing, make sure the patio is clean for when guests arrive. Inform guests of what is expected of them. i.e. where we have to empty the bins when they get full, what are the general rules regarding room service and the cleaning of rooms - are the guests expected to do this?! Keep the reception open longer than what it is and finally, make sure the internet works in every room, as advertised. And please don't just share 1 ADSL line between the entire complex. If one person downloads and uses all the bandwidth, others are unable to access even the lightest of websites. Don't charge as much as you do for the rooms/apartments!

Eze itself is a lovely little place, take a walk through the old part of town.. go see the church and the views above the cemetery - WOW

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get an apartment with the rooms that don't have a window.,
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 55MK55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Hotel Eze Hermitage
#7 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
Columbus Monte-Carlo
Columbus Monte-Carlo
#9 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Eza Vista? Share your experiences!