“Don't read the negative review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eza Vista

Eza Vista
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Canberra, Australia
“Don't read the negative review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We were a bit apprehensive after we saw the negative review on trip advisor...that person must be a nut job, the staff were friendly and polite, I could not have expected better service. The room is an apartment and very basic but hey... That is what we paid for, this is the cote d Azur. The apartment was clean, spacious and great views and free parking. You can't expect the ritz on what we paid. This place is well situated for the busses to Nice and Monte Carlo and restaurants a 2 minute walk away. Supermarket 2 minutes. A delightful find in a lovely village, book it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Senorhondo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Helston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Eze Vista for 3 nights as we married in the village last week. We had recommended this accommodation to our friends and family as we have stayed there before. Recent reviews have not been great and I did have some concerns, however we were all very pleasant surprised! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the apartments were immaculate and very comfortable. The location is fantastic and I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone considering taking a break in this beautiful village.

Room Tip: The condo was great, lots of room and the bathroom was huge. We stayed on the second floor which ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay there for 5nights and had to leave after the first! I checked into room 009 which is on the third level below the street level /hotel foyer.
I didn't like the location of the room and asked if I can change to a higher level and was told the hotel was fully booked.

There was a dead insect on the pillow case and on further inspection of the bed there were few human hairs which were certainly not mine on the bed sheet. I had a restless night and wake up @2am in the morning to watch a spider crawling upwards from the floor onto my clothes on the chair!
The hotel offers free wi fi but certainly that didn't work in my room also the phone was not working. You can imagine with me I felt that I was in a FILTHY prison that I could not wait to get out of!

The hotel (which in my opinion doesn't deserve the title it's more of a motel or a B&B) has no one attending to the front reception after 8 pm and between noon and 2pm. One of my luggage was delayed and when the airline attempted delivery, it was after 8pm and there was no one to give them access! The delivery person was unable to reach me although I was at the hotel as my phone was not working because of the poor signal in my room so that resulted In further inconvenience for me.

I spoke with the front desk staff in the morning and discussed my grievance, basically I asked for a refund for the rest of my stay and although the staff were apologetic and offered to change the room to a different level it was too little too late after what I experienced and I felt that I needed to get out of there. The booking was a non refundable booking so the short answer to my request was no refund! I have problem with that as they didn't not fulfil their duty of care to their guest with the level of hygiene and the promised services delivered such as wi fi.

I feel that this non refundable policy that the hotel adopting is not fair as I am sure if people given the choice once they inspected the hotel they may shorten their stay!!

My advice: Save your money and don't stay there!!!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Miriam N
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Eze vista is in a nice location and has modern conveniences. But our experience was spoilt mainly by the grumpy lady at the reception who started off by not opening the counter because it was not yet 4pm! She was generally grumpy and very unhappy looking. Other unpleasant issues were that the bathrooms had the world's smallest shower( I am small built but could not stand in the shower without my body touching the shower curtains or the taps/fittings) and the fact that we had to put the trash out ourselves! Also be aware that the bus service is not entirely reliable particularly on weekends- our 2pm bus never turned up and we were forced to take a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Highly recommend. We shopped at nearby local grocery store and cooked in the hotel room. This town has the charm, scenary and friendly locals. Hotel also provided parking (typical European parking lot, very tight squeeze). Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy L
Kortrijk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Compared to earlier times when this hotel was owned by Germans, the service now became below zero. Off season, there is only 1 co-operator and he only arrives at 8.00h. During the nights there is noboby, no security, nothing. Very expensive liitle parking. Breakfast is far below average. Coridors are dirty, bed linnen smells dirty. This is not a hotel anymore, only it s worth the name of low class motel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlo S
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is located beautifully with a view over both the sea and the old town of Eze. The rooms are large. Parking is offered in the garage. So far so good. But I have never seen a more dirty hotel. We were three families staying there and all three rooms we got were incredibly dirty. If you walked barefoot across the floor in any of our rooms, you were completly black under your feet. We found dust everywhere. Management did not react at all to our complaints. We stayed for a week, the strategy became to spend as little time as possible at the hotel. The pool area is also very small, you can not stay in that area without becoming wet. This should be a 4 star hotel, it is hardly 3.

Will we come back - never

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Movi71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Hotel Eze Hermitage
Novotel Monte Carlo
Novotel Monte Carlo
#7 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,028 reviews

Been to Eza Vista? Share your experiences!