“Twice in 1 week says it all....”
Review of Le Taj Mahal

Le Taj Mahal
Price range: US$28 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I have been based in golfe Juan for 5 months eating at the same restaurants can get boring! I'm always nervous about eating at Indian restaurants as they are not very popular in France! But this was amazing we ended up going twice in 1 week! The decor isn't anything amazing but they are nice people and serve amazing fresh food! Not expensive either! Shame it took me 5 months to find this place!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

First went to this restaurant with my boyfriend's sports team (9 men). We had called ahead as we had such a big group and the restaurant had kindly put aside half a room for us!
Reasonable prices, hearty sized meals and such happy cheerful staff. The owner and the head waiter(/older male relative?) both greeted each of the party and both shook everyone's hand and wished us goodnight as we left.

The rooms are a little threadbare and could use some cleaner looking carpets and curtains but that has been my experience of some of the best indian restaurants!

I would very happily recommend the onion bhaji, chicken tikka-masala and the fish curry. My boyfriend had the chicken biryani which was suitably hot (slight perspiration inducing!) and one of his team mates ordered the lamb biryani that was insanely spicey!

Beers are all bottled and not large volumes but these guys sure know how to pour a generous glass of wine!

My boyfriend and I went by ourselves at the end of the trip and enjoyed another very good meal. The older of the two men apparently running this restaurant created some delicious mango and champagne type cocktail which every diner received as they sat down gratis.

None English speaking, however I suspect French is a partially learned second language for the waiter and he got orders correct every time with pointing, clarifying and lots of smiling!
The only time he didn't seem happy was when we weren't able to finish our meals

Relatively cheap, delicious and very cheerful!

1  Thank Rickie-Leanne J
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I rarely run down a restaurant but this is possibly the worst restaurant I have ever eaten in. The food is of poor quality and the premises is rather basic. However, what really upset me was that they have a fiddle going on with their wine menu. They show you one list when you are ordering your meal and after they have taken your order they return and apologise that this wine is sold out and recommend an alternative wine at the same price pointing it out on a list. The alternative was a superior vintage with and I was sure it showed at a higher price on the original wine list. When the bill came the replacement wine was included at the higher price and when I pointed it out to the waiter and asked if he had not said it was the same price as the unavailable one the waiter suddenly can't speak english any more. Without complaining, his boss comes out. I was shown the original wine list and asked if I thought they had printed a second list just for me. I complained and paid up.

A few days later I sent my friend & his wife along and surprise, surprise they got the exact same treatment!

Needless to say we won't be back either for the poor food or the disappearing wine!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have visited this curry house 3 times during holidays & have always had a fantastic time. The staff were generous & the food delicious. Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank VMcke
Reviewed 18 September 2011

the service is horrible. the food is horrible. cheap but nothing like the indian delicacy that you expect. Beware of the Royal Baramy, jsut rice cooked with everything....