“Great view - Disgusting Food and Service”
Review of Lou Fassum

Lou Fassum
Ranked #23 of 164 Restaurants in Grasse
Price range: US$47 - US$132
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have never written a review before ,mainly out of laziness however I feel so strongly about my poor experience at Lou Fassum I just had to.
The location is truly stunning and that is where the praise ends. Probably best I write in bullet points otherwise this could be a very long review (this was around a 100Euro a head remember):

- The Maître D was useless and rude as well as being dressed like she has just finished work at a fast food place. She made my 6 year old daughter wait 30 minutes for a drink, and nearly an hour for an ice-cream with no apology no nothing.

- The other staff where about 17 years old and clueless, I saw one of them drop chips on this central table which was used for everything, (stacking and scraping plates, cleaning up and serving) which he then just picked up with his hands and put back on the plate and served. Another waitress job was to refill the tapenade pots from half empty ones which had been used on tables throughout the night. Disgusting!!

- No wine for half the table

- Kids food just terrible, frozen burger and cold fries, no veg

- Adults food tiny and horrid, main course of lamb was over cooked and when I pointed this out to the Maître D I was told that is how it is served despites everyone else's lamb being pink on our table.

- Dessert was jelly and ice cream

I could go on and on, even the men's toilet had no soap.

This guy needs to stop caring about his ego (he has his name on the plates and a 3m by 3m poster of himself on the wall as well as his name in green neon lights) and start caring about his food and service. It was like he thinks this is my beautiful restaurant which it is, so I do not need to care about anything else. A waste of a lot of money and an evening. As my brother- in -law rightly said, I wish we had gone for pizza.

5  Thank STU256447
There are newer reviews for Lou Fassum

Reviewed 17 January 2013

this would be a nice place if prices would be cut by 50%. At this price level the place seems pretentious: the food less than exciting, the service friendly, but simple and not well trained for a restaurant of this price category. Mislead by the usually very reliable guide Guide Gantier we went there three times, once as a group and twice as a couple. Each time we left dispappointed. Thank you. We have had it. We recommend to change the concept. There are other chefs who worked with celebrity-chefs and did well opening a more simple but excellent, well priced and highly successful place, such as the ex-Parodi/Lou Cigalon assistant chef, who started Bistrot Antoine in Nice. Unfortunately it seems that in the Grasse/Valbonne area there are only a few - if any - alternatives to Bastide St Antoine and Mas Candille.

1  Thank Stefan B
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This was our second visit in one year. Service always impeccble and amiable.

Got the set menu which we enjoyed but with all the extras was too much and felt heavy.
No crtitism of the the food need to learb how to say no !

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

This is certainly not a gastronomic restaurant, very expensive (you'll eat much better on Cannes Croisette for the same price), and not good food. Great view though!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was there for my daughters wedding lunch in January of 2011. It was the first time I experienced real French cuisine. It was truly amazing.