I have never written a review before ,mainly out of laziness however I feel so strongly about my poor experience at Lou Fassum I just had to.
The location is truly stunning and that is where the praise ends. Probably best I write in bullet points otherwise this could be a very long review (this was around a 100Euro a head remember):
- The Maître D was useless and rude as well as being dressed like she has just finished work at a fast food place. She made my 6 year old daughter wait 30 minutes for a drink, and nearly an hour for an ice-cream with no apology no nothing.
- The other staff where about 17 years old and clueless, I saw one of them drop chips on this central table which was used for everything, (stacking and scraping plates, cleaning up and serving) which he then just picked up with his hands and put back on the plate and served. Another waitress job was to refill the tapenade pots from half empty ones which had been used on tables throughout the night. Disgusting!!
- No wine for half the table
- Kids food just terrible, frozen burger and cold fries, no veg
- Adults food tiny and horrid, main course of lamb was over cooked and when I pointed this out to the Maître D I was told that is how it is served despites everyone else's lamb being pink on our table.
- Dessert was jelly and ice cream
I could go on and on, even the men's toilet had no soap.
This guy needs to stop caring about his ego (he has his name on the plates and a 3m by 3m poster of himself on the wall as well as his name in green neon lights) and start caring about his food and service. It was like he thinks this is my beautiful restaurant which it is, so I do not need to care about anything else. A waste of a lot of money and an evening. As my brother- in -law rightly said, I wish we had gone for pizza.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.