“Very good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Peche Gourmand
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Ouvert du mardi au dimanche avec un service de dejeuner de 18h a 19h. Reservation recommandee. Ferme pour conges annuels du vendredi 20 septembre au lundi 8 octobre 2013. Reouverture mardi 9 octobre 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was here with my family. The food was fantastic!!! Personal was very kind. Boss show me his collection of tea. So, I advise you to eat only in this reastaurant.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a great lunch at this restaurant. Good clean food for a surprising low price. Skip the touristy restaurants and go here!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank VakantieVakantie
Lausanne, Switzerland
“great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

This restaurant is one of my biggest surprise of the year, well actually of these few years. After several disastrous experiences this year, including a supposedly three star restaurant in Hong Kong or a terrible dinner the previous day, I hoped the reviews from tripadvisor wouldn't deceive us.
Needless to say, all of them are spot on, this restaurant is really great, the food is surprising and good, they take some risk and are successful by taking them, as an example, the foie gras sorbet was excellent.

While they still have room for improvements, the restaurant is really good and deserve all the praises, you can feel that they have heart in what they do unlike the majority of restaurants in France. French restaurant situation is really alarming and this restaurant might give some hints to them on how to cook, serve and prepare foods.

I won't comments the dessert, beside they are really great and better than what you kind find in shops like LaDurée// LeNotre and so on.

The service was also great, it's refreshing to see people being happy to see you in the restaurant and to serve you food. Another example of the good service, is that the waiter will put additional breads in the basket without you asking for more, it's one of the first time that I see this in a restaurant.

So if you want to enjoy a restaurant providing quality food on a contained price ( between 15-25€ per person ), don't hesitate to go there.

---

Très bon restaurant que je recommande chaleureusement! Très bonnes entrées, originales et intéressantes ( sorbets glacés ), des plats principaux bien préparés et des desserts exceptionnels. A milles lieux des restaurants qu'on peut trouver un peu partout en france et horrible. Bref un excellent restaurant qui a du coeur.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Guillaume i
Bergen
“Unpretentious good taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

The couple who own and run this are passionate about their creations, and it shows.

We'd planned to have dinner at one of the other restaurants in Grass, but on surveying the alternatives, we decided that even take-out from Le Peche Gourmand was better than a sit-down meal in one of the few restaurants that were open for dinner that evening in November (off-season) . We didn't regret it. But best of all were the cakes, of course. Since this is their specialty. They were closing up as we arrived, but opened again and got chatting, giving us lots of good advice for the area. The owner is a certified chocolatier and his assistant is his partner, and they were just thoroughly nice people.

In between the perfume houses and their spin-off money-making businesses, Le Peche Gourmand was for us a haven of unpretentious good taste.

I bought a box of his handmade chocolates as a gift, as well as a tea. When I got home I wished I had bought all my gifts there, as this turned out to be the most appreciated gift and also the cheapest.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Hilde_J
Antibes, France
“Excellent service and food, but the real star is the dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Having read all the positive reviews in tripadvisor, I went there with my fiancee for a late-Sunday lunch. You can do phone reservarions and they do speak english over the phone! This is a always a nice surprise! Especially since my french are less than then basics...

When we arrived, the place did a very nice impression. It is very tidy, clean, with nice music and decorated with lots of painting and craftworks, probably from local artists. Very nice atmosphere indeed! The service was very nice. The waiter (probably owner) was extremely polite and patient, willing to explain all the dishes in the menu! I ordered a full menu (starter-main-desert) and my fiancee a main-desert menu. The place does not serve alcool due to licensing issues, but the waiter (probably owner) offered us two glaces of red wine for free! The wine was really-really-really good!

The starter was excellent - something with icecream made of milk from goat's in the region but cannot be more precise. My main was lamb and my fiancee's porc-ribs with honey and mustard dressing. Oh dear! Both of them simply melted in our mouths. My small complain here is that the portions could have been a bit larger - hence the 4/5 rating for the value. They were ok, but I was expecting a bit more.

Then the dessert... I've tried several patisseries in Cote d'azur, and in general I am not that fond of sweets. But this one.. I had fondant chocolat with the internal being pistache, along with pistache ice-cream. My fiancee had truffe chocolat with the special icecream from goat's milk. The goat's milk make it slightly sour, thus perfectly accompanying the truffe. Both of them were excellent. Not very sweet, not very bitter, a perfect balance!

That's all folks. We paid 45 euros which is a very nice price, but I was expecting a big more for the main dish. This is a place I would definetly recommend, and when I get some visitors from my country, I will make sure to take them to the place!

• Visited December 2012