“First time with Siblu”

Siblu Villages - Le Montourey
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was our first trip to the area and we hope to return again soon.

The site was small which really suited us and enabled the children to have lots of freedom. The entertainment staff were fantastic and really made the holiday special. We would like to say a big thank you to Frankie and the team for all their hard work and fun!

We felt the pool, slides and shop/restaurant area closing throughout the day was a bit inhibiting and not advertised anywhere prior to our stay. In addition the pool area was slippy and we witnessed several accidents during our time at the site.

These things aside we as a family had a fantastic holiday and would recommend it to anyone with younger children.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Martin L, Site Reception at Siblu Villages - Le Montourey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our lovely park here in Fréjus.

We're pleased that you chose siblu and that you appear to have had an excellent holiday!

Our entertainments team work incredibly hard to provide a varied programme for both our younger and more mature guests, so I'm pleased that your children were able to take advantage of that and we look forward to welcoming you to our holiday park on another occasion.

There are newer reviews for Siblu Villages - Le Montourey

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when we 1st arrived at Le Montourey, our mobile home was lovely (though a lower standard than the other one our party was staying in..we had paid the same I might add). The pool area is lovely and the staff very friendly.
This is not a site for older children, the kids club is small and very limited activities, our children were fine however and I loved the fact they could have so much freedom because the site is small.
The slides (and pool) area is extremely dangerous; our son had 2 serious falls , even when you walk it is still very slippy!
Our main issue was the pool closing everyday between 12 and 1.30 and then the slides closed between 1.30 and 2.30!!..the bar/restaurant also closed at 2 so there is no chance of a drink by the pool!
Having said all that, we did have a lovely time (weather fantastic), the area is beautiful; Frejus old town, St Maxime and Port Grimaud are defiantly places to visit.
Special thanks to Francky and the entertainment staff for keeping our kids so happy and to Matthieu in the shop for allowing our son to practice his French religiously every morning, when ordering the croissants!
We have booked already for 2013 and we are hopeful that as good a time will be had!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Katej5833
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate our beautiful park, we appreciate that your time is precious and therefore are grateful that you have left a comment about Le Montourey.

We were really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our park as much as we do. We are constantly looking into ways to improve our little corner of the Cote D'Azur so we thoroughly appreciate your comments and take them onboard for your pool extension which will be ready for the 2013 season.

We look forward to seeing you again next year,

Corinne MARZORATI
General Manager / Directrice

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Our fifth and final time with Siblu this year. Allocated a beautiful caravan unfortunately we were disturbed by the ongoing extension to this campsite with large construction machinery working from 8am Monday to Saturday. This isnt going to be a small site anymore once the work has been completed. The tiled area around the swimming pool is exceptionally dangerous, very slippy and we witnessed many staff, adults and children slipping and injuring themselves. Entertainment staff were very good and were always encouraging people to join in activities. Bar is far too expensive particularly for soft drinks 6 euros for two cokes! Take your own soft drinks for children, never had a problem doing that. The access road from the main road to the site is in very poor condition, take care with your hire car

1  Thank Ade S
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

We are really sorry that the works to improve the village took longer than anticipated due to circumstances beyond our control. I know it did cause disruption in part of the village. However I am now very happy to be able to tell you that in the main or all the works are finished. We look forward to welcoming all our expected guests and any of you who want to take advantage of our late deals. We have a great village, super accomodation and a very caring team in a magnificent location on the Cote D'Azur far from the maddening rain.

We look forward to seeing you

Corinne MARZORATI

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This site is small and doesn't have the facilities of other larger Siblu sites, but we knew that when we booked, but it has a pool, bar and restaurant and kids club. We chose this site for its location and we were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our mobile home was exactly what we expected. They are trying to expand the site and its facilities and we are looking forward to returning. We visited in the first week in June and we were bitten by mosquitos, so take some repellant with you. The pollen was also high. Saint Agay beach was lovely with plenty of free parking just 5 mins drive away. I would recommend a trip to the Gorges du Verdon, amazing beautiful part of the world. We hired canadian canoes for 8 euros an hour. we also drove to Monaco and Cannes. We had lovely meals out in Frejus and St Raphael harbours. There are communal bbqs on site so take some charcoal. Swimming shorts are supposed to be banned, but short swimming shorts seemed to be allowed. My husband wore trunk boxer pant style shorts rather than traditional speedos.

3  Thank manttan
Martin L, Site Reception at Siblu Villages - Le Montourey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing Le Montourey. Your comments are incredibly helpful for both us and our guests, with lots of advice for places to see! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at SIblu, Last year I stayed at Le Reserve and I was over the moon . I recommended SIblu to anyone I met and put a glowing review on Trip advisor . Due to this I decided to bring my Parents this year to experience another site. I would say I was generally satisfied with LE MONTOUREY but it was a bit disappointing compared to the experience we had last year.

I booked two caravans, an excellence and a elegance for my parents. It was such a nice touch last year to find a bottle of wine in the caravan so i expected it this year but was disappointed. The Van was a bit dirty with numerous flies buzzing inside. Down the side of the children's beds were numerous dead flies. The Air con unit was on its last legs and could not serve any purpose. Last year the decking was new and clean and the pitch was spotless, this year the decking was small, old and dusty and the pitch littered with several large weeds and dust.

On a positive the reception staff were excellent , polite welcoming and made us feel welcomed. In fact all the Siblu staff who we met were of this high standard so well done. When we rang the call centre we were told the swimming pool slide would be open but it was not. I did try the pool on one occasion, It was empty so I took my 2 and 4 year old for a swim. I was wearing a pair of speedo shorts , just above the knee ( incidentally the same pair as I wore last year at Siblu ) Once both children were in the baby pool and content the life guard asked me to leave the pool due to my shorts. This caused serious upset the the 2 year old who could not understand why I had to take him out. Any parents out there will know the kind of tantrum I then had to contend with ...I am at a loss why this rule is in place and I was not made aware of it when I booked , the life guard told me to buy a new pair of small trunks . I can not understand the logic to this rule and the reception staff were unable to explain the reason.
The pool was empty and the slides were out of use. Luckily the reception staff had a word with the lifeguard and we were let back in but if i,m honest if only to stop the screams of a 2 year old who was totally beside himself. It spoilt the moment and I never returned to the pool.

As usual the Site was quite and there is no British drinking load music culture , Which is why even with the little moans we would still return to Siblu, maybe just not to Le Montouray.

Location.

The site is based parallel to a huge open water drain , its not really picturess and at the end of a dusty old road ..but one can't see it once in the site. The local town is Frejus and is beautiful, please visit the old town as well as the sea side resort.
There is nothing really within a pleasant walk so a car is required.

We stayed during May and was out of season, but we did have a local bank-holiday when we were there so we got a taste for the full season madness-aghh . be prepared to wait in traffic. To be honest as beautiful as the region is I would give serious consideration to visiting in peak season, I don't know how one would get anywhere.

What ever you do don't drive to Saint Tropez we went out of season and still spent two hours in traffic , you can catch a boat it is recommended .

Please please venture out we had such a fantastic trip to the gorge de verdon its one of lifes beauties. I would put this on my bucket list !!

I think the star system employed by Siblu seems fair, Le Reserve was a four star and Montourey a three and the difference was evident . In general I would still recommend Siblu they are a high quality site with high standards it just a shame I felt a little let down on a few minor issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Stanthefootballfan

Thank you for having reviewed Le Montourey. We were obviously disappointed that your stay with us was not to the standard that you expected and we hope that we were able to resolve these issues to your satisfaction when you mentioned them to us .

We are pleased that our team made you feel welcome and we look forward to being able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Did 2 centre holiday, firstly at Le Montouray then onto Litteau in Normandy (which was excellent). Le Montouray was a fantastic beautiful area with loads to do (although you are limited to doing things due to heavy traffic during the peak season) but shame about the SIBLU caravan.There was a catalougue of problems, empty gas bottle when we arrive,pilot light going out constantly, no hand or tea towels in our towel pack (I was told SIBLU never did them which is strange as I have been holidaying with SIBLU for 5 years and have always had them and also had them in the next park at Litteau!!).Worst was the fridge that smelt like it had dried urine somewhere in or under it & the burning smell in the kids room which turned out to be a burnt out cable that went into the fuse box which was in the wardrobe in the kids room.To top it all on our final day we left early for our 12hr journey to the next site & our number wouldn't work at the barrier & when I tried to get help the only person I could find was the guy who worked in the bar & his attitude was awful, I was in a panic to leave asap & all he would say is "speak French". Problem was, I don't speak french, now was not the time to have a french lesson & I didn't realise I had to speak the language to stay there!!!! Must say it left a bitter taste in my mouth to go with SIBLU again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Grovewine
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was our fourth, and last, visit to Siblu. Up until our holiday (in July) we were huge fans and have been to sites elsewhere in France and Spain. Although we loved the area and had a good mobile home, my 6 year old son slipped on the tiles round the pool and ended up gashing his head open. He went to hospital by ambulance and had to have 3 stiches. This put an end to swimming (it was only the second day of the holiday) and pretty much ruined the whole family's holiday as we were on edge for the rest of the time. We were disappointed with Siblu's reaction - we felt they were only interested in protecting themselves. No-one visited our mobile home to check on either our son or us after the incident, although a casual enquiry was made at reception. The lifeguard came to the bar area to ask us to fill in a form, and again failed to ask us how our son was. She also suggested that my son must have been running but conceded that this was speculation as she had not seen him. My son now has a very visible scar. When I went to see the manager a week later to complain about our treatment he told me that it would not be a lifetime scar, which seemed to us an incredible claim for him to make. We were also left to find the doctor's surgery in town (although we had been told a visit would be arranged) to take out the stiches. We promptly got lost in 35 degree heat and had another very unpleasant day.

Immediately after the accident Siblu changed their lifeguarding arrangements around the slide where the accident occurred and put a mat down where my son fell. The manager also said that this was the first year they had had tiles and that they may reconsider the arrangements. However there seemed to be no thought or concern about the fact that our holiday was spoiled

A properly managed site would have dealt more effectively with our concerns and would have gone out of their way to try and improve what was a very negative experience. Instead we were ignored. I realise that this is a three rather than four star site but where issues of health and safety are concerned such as in our case there should not be a lower standard.

On a general point, like other reviewers we found the staff at the restaurant/shop to be somewhat unfriendly (unlike at other Siblu sites) and the restaurant area always seemed to be occupied by staff and their friends and seemed a little unwelcoming to guests.

Room Tip: We would advise those with small children not to use this site until the tiles around the pool have...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mjhutchinson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frejus
Hotel L'Arena
#1 of 24 in Saint-Raphael
Les Cigales
Les Cigales
#2 of 10 in Le Muy

Been to Siblu Villages - Le Montourey? Share your experiences!