“Great site - great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frejus
Yelloh! Village Domaine du Colombier
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Great site - great location”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Just returned from 16 nights at Colombier - it was our second visit to the site (we were here last summer too) its the first time I have gone back to the same site and here's why..... The lagoon pool (new in 2012) is fab - its well maintained and there are numerous sunbeds (nice canvas sunbeds not those terrible white plastic ones!) Our visit is right at peak season and the site is full but you can get a sunbed anytime of the day - we've been to other sites where you have to queue at pool opening time to get one - not here! There are sunbeds everywhere. The lagoon area always has 3 lifeguards on duty and they are really watching the kids (not just posing!). The site is very hilly but not a problem if you expect it and new this year are golf buggys driving around the site picking up and dropping off people as they go (great idea!). The spa is fab - Adults only and I think 9E for 2 hrs is reasonable - we purchased a 10 hour card for 40E and shared it between me and my husband - underwater bikes, cross trainers etc and peace and quiet. The reception staff are very friendly and very helpful. The bar and restaurant staff are very very busy and my only complaint would be they need more staff.
The site is set up high and overlooks Frejus - its a great base for Monaco, Cannes, Nice, St Tropez and the very nearby Lake Cassien. We will definitely return to this site.

Room Tip: Keycamp is much cheaper than booking direct with the site
1 Thank teresa p
Colombier83, Responsable réception at Yelloh! Village Domaine du Colombier, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello,

We were happy to welcome you for the second time at the Domaine du Colombier. We are very pleased to read that you had a great holiday. Thank you to share your feelings on this website.

We will pass on the remark concerning the restaurant so we can continue to improve the quality of our services.

We are already looking forward to see you for the third time. In the meanwhile I wish you a pleasant year.

Karen, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This a great resort, lots for the kids but they do need to rethink their Wifi. It's a paid service, which I don't mind too much, but that only allows one device to be connected and the coverage is poor. Not sure why it has to be that way. I had just come from a campsite where Wifi was free across the whole site, the service was excellent and you could connect as many devices as you wanted. In this day and age this sort of thing should really be sorted. It's a bit like running water or electricity. Why don't they just build it into the cost too. Seems a bit churlish to me. Anyway, apart from that it is a great site! Kids loved it, once they got used to the fact that they couldn't access the internet that is. Otherwise I would have rated it as very good.

3 Thank Steve186230
We were very glad that you stayed with us during your last holiday.

The primary goal of Domaine du Colombier is customer satisfaction. It is however, hard to have unanimity, to please everyone, to answer each and everyone’s desires, but we do try our best to ensure you have a great holiday.

Concerning the wifi it is announced on our website and in the brochure that the Wifi is not for free.

It is an external company that covers the reception on site. The system has been completely renewed last year, not easily because of the hilly place, and it works quite fine. Hundreds of clients use it each week without problems. If you had trouble with the connection you should have told us because in that case a technician would have called you to look at the problem. The reason that you can only connect on one device is simple: otherwise the whole campsite can connect with one connection card. There are certain cottages were the wifi already is included. Sorry to explain that wifi service coast a lot to be installed on our site because of topography of the ground (rocky and hilly). We look forward to offer it one day.

We wish you the best for the year.

Karen, Front Desk Manager
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 week hol on this site , we were there 3 years ago .
A lot of money has been invested in the pool area and it is fabulous . Always managed to get a sun lounger , although some people still insist on reserving theirs with a towel etc and not appearing for hours .
We were with Keycamp , mobile was amazing and couriers were very helpful .
The site itself very well maintained and because of location amazing views .
Yes it is steep but you know that if you do your research before booking , and its good exercise .
The service received at the bars etc was impeccable and every team member we encountered was friendly and helpful .
As a base to explore the surrounding area ( and there's lots) its great . We did Monaco , which my son and husband enjoyed being F1 fans .
The Gorge du Verdon , wow worth the scary drive , great time on pedalos on smaller lake . We went twice and we all loved it ( 17 and 22 yr old )
Can't wait to return next year !

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MKlittlelegs
We were very glad that you stayed with us during your last holiday.

It was a real pleasure reading your observations about our campsite.

I wish you a pleasant year and we are looking forward to welcome you next summer.

Sincerely

Karen, Front Desk Manager.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

As a family we have just returned from 2 weeks in this seemingly 5 star resort. The pool is very good and is very clean and great for the kids. But having a great pool is not all that is required in my mind to attract a 5 star rating. Having been on a number of holidays in recent years to the South of France at the same time of year and in roughly the same accommodation type I would suggest this was overpriced. The mobile home was clean and the site tidy, however, the facilities were somewhat lacking. The information desk within the site was particualarly poor on a number of occasions. As an example they could not even tell us the times of the bus that stops right outside the front gate that takes you to Frejus beach!! In sum I would say that there are too many extras that you have to pay for on top of an already high rental price. Frejus however is a lovely town with great beaches, perhaps we will find somewhere else to stay next year.

Room Tip: The african area has a little more space around each mobile home.
2 Thank jim m
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks here with keycamp and had a brilliant time. Bad experiences seem come from people who book with yelloh directly and not with keycamp, we didn't pay cleaning, our mobile was well located (ask for a central location) so didn't have to walk up too many hills and we didn't pay 70 euro for cleaning! The site is very hilly (every road!) and our little girl wasn't able to use her bike at all which was a shame. The pool is amasing and we found the restaurant very good, lovely food and great service. The area is great def recommend marineland as a day out, expensive but we had a great time, also gorge de Verdon is a must - its beautiful. A really good holiday but go with keycamp not yelloh!

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tabitha n
Essex
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have read several reviews where people had to pay for cleaning, didn't have any bed linen or barbeques and had to pay extra. Did these people book direct with the park operators or with someone like Keycamp? With keycamp you hire linen at a reasonable cost and it's there when you arrive, barbeques are supplied at no extra cost and you don't have to pay to get your caravan cleaned or have an inspection before you leave.

The final inspection suggests they booked direct with the campsite as this is a classic French holiday situation I have experienced before.

The Park operators will often not provide extras with your accommodation as they are appealing to French holiday makers who pack up their cars with everything they own and drive it down.

I stayed here with Keycamp in June this year- Keycamp are brilliant - never let us down - stay with them next year.

I agree the restaurant is chaos - shame because the views are stunning and yes the other pool is completely wasted and of course the site shop is more expensive than the local Casino super market. Your local corner shop in Engalnd is more expensive than Tesco!

Give it another try – with Keycamp.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank T&LEssex
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The site was ok the pool was just breathtaking .. unfortunately that's where my praise ends..
After arriving at the cabin T16 we were not really impressed with the facilities. We didn't opt for any extras like sheets, towels, TV or air conditioning, & really thought the facility to boil water was a given especially on a campsite, but no, the only way you could boil water was on the cooker in a saucepan or the coffee percolator which wasn't ideal but we survived. The first morning I wanted some Tea & toast, no way of making toast FFS. We had to hire an electric bbq at €5 a day €50 in total. Now I'm no BBQ specialist but this thing was a heap, after 2 days use the paint started to peal off & the plastic surround melted.. yes plastic on a BBQ. I didn't use it after that as It just wasn't fit for purpose, In my opinion this should have been better quality & included with the cabin...TBC
The beds in the room were way too cramped, if you had a mobility problem you were done for as you could only get out of one side of the bed, but again we survived. The bathroom facilities were good, nice shower plenty of hot water (skin meltingly hot). The area in front of the cabin has 2 sun loungers, but It looks awful you would never spend any time there.
The restaurant looks nice but they really know how to charge, €15 for burgers & chips, the service was poor at best.
The last night we were there It took 2h 30mins to complete our meal, the restaurant wasn't even busy, not surprisingly as some staff had no english & needed a lesson in manners.
The camp shop was way too expensive, so we did our shopping at the Casino supermarket, beautiful bottle red wine €2.90.
We arrived the last week in June & the site was probably a quarter fool, the pool was clear, easy to get a sun lounger, even quiet ..happy days. The second week, well It was like the gates had been flung open & every nationality in Europe had descended on camp colombier. Within a couple of hours the once clear blue water had turned cloudy & noise level was lets say loud. Don't get me wrong this is what I was kinda expecting but it was a shock after a week of relaxation & quiet. But it did become overcrowded & we decided to give Frejus beach a try, we weren't disappointed, what a lovely place, warm water clean beach reasonably priced food & shopping for the ladies. We did drive, what an eye opener wrong side of the road & wrong side of the car. I had welts on my hands from gripping the steering wheel so tight.. 3 Top Tips.. Sat Nav.. Sat Nav.. Sat Nav.
On arrival we were given a free 2 hour pass for the fitness centre which included exercise bikes under water etc??
My brother & myself went down to avail of the facilities which normally cost €20 for 2 hours, what a pool, what a waist, the main pool was overcrowded & we were the only 2 people at this one. They really need to reavaluate this as there were at least four staff manning this pool with 2 people using it. Maybe the pool gets busier later on in the year but at a €10 an hour I doubt it...
Time to depart, we opted to clean our own cabin, really wasn't too bad not €70 bad, that's the charge if you want them to clean it for you..Girl arrives to do a final inspection & we get the allclear.. Or so I think.. I arrive at reception to book out, the receptionist informs me that i had destroyed the BBQ & I would have to pay €40 to replace it. I could feel my temper starting to fray at this stage as I explained that even if I had treated the BBQ like a second child & had George Foreman himself cook on it there was no way were they ever going to hire it to somebody else, being the piece of crap that it was. So lesson learned buy your own BBQ at least you can chuck it out when your finished.
I just wanted to go, so like a good boy I payed the €40 & left..
To Sum Up..
Is it a family holiday? Yes & No .. It's not Spain or Portugal that's for sure. Very little entertainment & when It did happen it was just ok. After a couple of hours in the pool there is very little to do. Our kids aged 10 to 12 had no interest in the activities like Zumba dancing in 30 degrees. As we were leaving we did see a kids club aged 3-5, so they must only start in July.. The kids did sign up for a woodwork class which was advertised on the notice board, when we arrived at the maxi club even the girl was surprised to see us & looked very confused as why we would want to do this. She hurried off to find the supplies & came back with 3 wooden boxes & some napkins with flower designs & proceeded to cut out the flowers & stick them on the box..that was it.. the kids were not amused.. other activities mostly included the kids jumping around to music. There was a play area with jungle jim & fitness machines for Kids ?? A football area which needed some TLC..
Would we go Back..
No. Its too boring for us. But we had a car and took a few day trips. St.Tropez,. Frejus etc.

Well I think that's It ..camping/caravaning is for people who enjoy camping/caravaning & in my honest opinion you could have stayed in a decent studio apartment by the beach in frejus for less money...

Room Tip: If you can afford It my brother stayed in cabin R16.. Dishwasher, air con, TV, ETC
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Anthony K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frejus
Zenitude Hotel-Residences La Tour de Mare
Camping La Baume - Residence La Palmeraie
Esterel Caravaning
Camping La Pierre Verte
Les Residences du Colombier
Camping Sandaya Douce Quietude
Camping Sandaya Douce Quietude
#2 of 22 in Saint-Raphael

Been to Yelloh! Village Domaine du Colombier? Share your experiences!