“Would love to go back there”

Hotel Thalassotherapie
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frejus
Hotel Thalassotherapie
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Frejus
Luxembourg
“Would love to go back there”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

In August 2011 we spent two weeks in this hotel.

The room was big, and clean and we had a superb view over the port!
Many people here seem to have had problems with the staff, well I have to say that we only had good experiences with them.

The pool was ok, unfortunately very crowded, but I guess that is normal for the French Riviera at that time of the year. The location is great, as one leaves the hotel resort and is immediately on the beach.

The garage under the hotel was ok as well, but I have to admit that the parking spots are rather smallish. By the way: absolutely book a parking spot in advance!!

The restaurant was very good. Breakfast buffet was huge, sometimes they were a bit delayed refilling it, but that's not worth complaining about. One can decide if one wants to eat there at noon or in the evening, we liked that flexibility. If you go on a day trip and can't eat in the hotel, you can eat there twice the following day. The only thing worth mentioning about the restaurant is that I wouldn't recommend it for families with children. The choice on the set menu is rather limited, and most of it are rather "creative" menus, where I personally think that children might have problems.

All in all we had a very pleasant stay at that hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ikkiLuxembourg

Business
Dublin
Reviewed 29 August 2007

Stayed at this hotel for five nights at the beginning of June. On check in the staff were extremely rude and told me that I was too early for check in. I asked if I could leave my suitcase and come back later, it took them a lot of huffing and puffing (at least ten minutes) before finally agreeing. The room was fine other than the fact that there was a huge chunk missing from the bottom part of the door, the view was overlooking the road below and apartment block across the way. There was nowhere in the locality to go for a coffee or lunch and I tried one restaurant that appeared open to be rudely shouted at by the owners that they were closed. Back to the hotel staff quite possibly the rudest individuls I have ever encountered try ordering a taxi nightmare!!!!!! I tried to speak french (which is not great, but at least I made an effort) with the staff only for them to reply to me in perfect English and when I addressed them in English they pretended not to understand.

The best part was leaving there............ enter this hotel at your peril!!!!

• Liked — Leaving to come home
  • Disliked — Rude Staff
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank WheloDublin

Travellers are raving about these Frejus hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of July 2007.Check in friendly and room/bathroom were both clean and comfortable.Aircon was great as it was starting to get hot outside.Room had a view over the Marina which was nice.The major letdown for me was the size of the swimming pool on the website it must of been photographed with an extremely wide angled lens as it was small and shared with the adjoining apartment block which also ment it was packed all day.
Location wise the hotel is situated in Frejus marina which has plenty of good places to eat and drink in the evening.Frejus old town was a 30 min walk away as was St Raphael. The adjacent beaches were very good and went on for a considerable distance.
Booked hotel through Expedia which was the same price as hotels own website.
Note prices in this location are much more reasonable than Cannes and Juan Les Pins...(eating out etc).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Very small pool
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bel1
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Hotel located right on the beach with a good private pool and beautiful garden. We chose a room with a sea view, which had a small but comfortable balcony where we hade breakfast (the traditional French type with baguette, croissant, juice, coffee, jam and yoghurt). The room was nice and clean, not too small (we could fit an extra bed without problem). It apparently was refurbished pretty recently to a quite high standard.
We did not try the restaurant (there are plenty just walking along the port), but it looked really nice.
The hotel is a little bit away from the town where most of the other hotels seemed to be located.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2007

I have just returned from this hotel and it is by far the worst hotel experience I've had in 40 years of overseas travel. The staff were truly nasty - appearing unable to understand that they were in the hospitality, not hostility industry.
On the first night, I telephoned to ask if the air cooling system was working properly as the air from the vents was warm. I was told that the minimum temperature was set at 23 degrees and when I commented that that was quite a high temperature, the receptionist began to laugh. The next morning I was woken by a 05.30 alarm call (obviously the receptionist needed yet another laugh).
The 'sea side view' turned out to be the roof of the dining room, the palm trees, the apartment block next door and then eventually, the sea.
Going to the spa after breakfast on the first day, I enquired if it was possible to have a massage. The response was to be told, with palm upheld, to "please speak more slowly, I cannot understand what you are saying" and then told there was no massage "today, tomorrow or all next week" - and summarily dismissed by the unsmiling spa receptionist returning to the really important piece of paper she was scrutinizing. Odd, because the hotel posted 'treatment of the day' in the elevator and one of these included a massage. So many abrupt and downright rude incidences that there is not enough space here to continue. The only good point is that the room was of a good size but that could never make up for a truly awful experience (thankfully only 3 nights). You have been warned!

• Liked — Leaving it.
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Lulusmum
France
Reviewed 17 October 2006

My husband and I (in our early 30's) stayed at this hotel for the Detente Thalasso weekend. Location is great, right on the beach and next to the marina, very easy to find, parking probably a bit difficult in high season, but in Oct we could park for free right outside the hotel. Hotel is clean and modern with friendly staff. Rooms were pretty standard, clean and comfortable, with nice balcony and sea view (extra charge). The choice for meals was fine, the main restaurant serves buffet continental breakfast and for dinner there are 3 menus which change daily. The food was good and we had no complaints for the restaurant. There are a few bars as well.
Main point of us choosing this hotel was the thalasso weekend, 8 treatments over 2 days. Thalasso is excellent, nice staff, well organised, clean and wonderful treatments - highly recommend the Detente weekend package.
There is an outside pool as well and small solarium on the first floor of the thalasso.
Port Frejus and St Raphael are kind of joined together in location and we enjoyed a walk round the town and marina - there are some lovely restaurants in the St Raphael area for lunch, and also in St Maxime. I would definately go back to this hotel for the Thalasso weekend.

• Liked — LCD TV
  • Disliked — hotel Corridors need some updating
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a swim bonnet and plastic sandals or flip flops for the Thalasso - otherwise you'll be asked to purchase them.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jb250
South Coast, England
Reviewed 3 October 2006

Great location next to large marina in Frejus. Staff very friendly. Limited car parking actually in the hotel car park but easy to find a space in the streets around the hotel. Although the hotel does have a bit of a 'post house' feel about the bedrooms it is good value and we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank kipkop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frejus
Mercure Thalassa Port Frejus
Hotel Sable Et Soleil
Hotel Sable Et Soleil
#11 of 21 in Frejus
La Bastide du Clos des Roses

Been to Hotel Thalassotherapie? Share your experiences!