“A B&B like no other...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyeres
La Bastide du Plantier
Ranked #4 of 15 Hyeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

From the moment we got in touch to book La Bastide du Plantier to the second we got out of this place (without wanting to), the kindness and the service of Brigitte and Jean-Louis were above and beyond anything we have experienced. In the travel and accommodation industry, nowadays it's hard to come across people who provide a service by passion and love for the job. the latter is exactly what you get with Brigitte. For sure this is not a 5 start hotel that comes with a swimming pool, but if you are looking for a little piece of paradise, La bastide du plantier is the place to be where simplicity and kindness come at it's best.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We attended a family wedding at La Bastide du Plantier. We had an overnight stay as well. Our room in the main house was very comfortable with a great bathroom featuring a big bath tub. The grounds and gardens were very well maintained and beautiful. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, served outside. Brigitte and Jean Louis were very warm and friendly and made us feel very comfortable. The wedding and following reception was handled in a very professional but friendly manner. The food was excellent. We enjoyed our stay at this charming inn and would certainly go out of our way to stay again if we find ourselves in France.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am posting this on behalf of my mother-in-law, who had a terrific stay here during her visit to Hyeres:

After a long flight and train trip, I was warmly greeted at the train station by a friend of Brigitte's,Christine, who not only welcomed me into the lovely La Bastide Du Plantier, but also took me for a guided tour of Hyeres and treated me to a glass of wine as she introduced me to locals. When we returned to La Bastide Du Plantier, Brigette welcomed me as if she had known me forever. My room was upstairs in the main house with a lovely view of the gardens. The bathroom was delightful, featuring warm colors, high quality local toiletries, and a wonderful over-sized bath tub! Due to the long trip I opted to enjoy dinner at La Bastide Du Planitier. Rather than eating alone, as I had visualized, Brigette invited to dine with her, her husband and friend Christine,making me feel very much as if I was part of the family. A very nice touch! Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, with fresh eggs from Brigitte's chicken, her husband's wonderful coffee and of course, croissants with Brigitte's home-made jams. Brigitte and her husband were most accommodating in every way. As I mentioned, they insisted on picking me up at the train rather than having me take a taxi. They offered me their adapters and chargers for my cell phone and IPad. In addition, they arranged a taxi for me to the port in the morning and even sold me a bottle of wine to take to my next destination.

All of this, and I haven't even mentioned the property itself, which is perfect in every way; beautiful, well maintained French farmhouse with lots of history, well manicured grounds, interesting, well groomed animals, all safely secured behind locked gates which ensure perfect privacy. It is worth a trip to Hyeres just to experience La Bastide Du Plantier and meet Brigitte and her husband, and her menagerie of pets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I booked this accommodation based on the excellent Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. This little gem is nestled outside of the main city centre of Hyeres, but within 10 minutes by car of the beach or port or city centre. It is situated off the road behind locked gates which make it both very tranquil but also secure. If you love animals then you will love this place (4 gorgeous cats, a dog, some chickens, geese and 2 highland cows)! However if you don't, they won't bother you, so don't let that put you off. Our accommodation was in the annexe so was very private and it was of a very high standard. Spacious, clean and comfortable. Loved the bathroom too which was modern and also came with local organic toiletries. The breakfast was served with a personal touch and as there are only 2 rooms here, you feel very spoiled with attention. Brigitte cannot do enough for you. When I had a bite she brought me lavender oil and gauze. When we were going to go to Porquerolles for the day, Brigitte and her partner kindly stepped in and advised us to avoid it due to an infestation of horse fly at the time. They quickly found us an alternative and gave us the times of the boat. If you don't want to leave the accommodation, there are sun loungers on the terrace, table tennis and petanques so you could easily amuse yourself for an afternoon at the accommodation. All in all, it is a great location, extremely comfortable and the genuine kindness of Brigitte and her family just make this a wonderful place which I would highly recommend and would love to return to one day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECBSheffield
Reviewed 2 August 2013

La Bastide du Plantier features only two bedrooms, one in the main house and one in a guest house that has a nice terrace (covered and open) and even a small Provencal kitchen. For me, the experience was in fact quintessential Provence.

We stayed for three nights and typically dined under the covered terrace for breakfast and delicious dinners, which owner Brigitte Martin prepared for us with ingredients from her garden.

Brigitte was an extremely warm hostess, and on our last night, she and her husband, who had been away for business, invited us to join them for a bottle of the delicious rosé wine that is so popular in Provence. Staying at La Bastide du Plantier was certainly one of the highlights of my two weeks in Var Provence.

I was in the Var region filming for cruise line videos and actually wrote a review with photos on my website: http://www.avidcruiser.com/2012/09/23/oh-hyeres-the-oldest-resort-on-the-french-riviera-plus-a-bountiful-bb/

Also, my Flickr photo album of La Bastide du Plantier: http://www.flickr.com/photos/avidcruiser/sets/72157631603245648/

Room Tip: There are only two. I preferred the guest house.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank theavidcruiser
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Bastide as part of our honeymoon. We could not have made a better choice. We stayed in a little Provencal house next to the main building of the Bastide in a huge and comfortable room with a wonderful view of the pine trees, the orchard and the garden. The owners (Brigitte and Jean-Louis) are extremely friendly and made everything for us to have an unforgettable weekend. Breakfast is served in the terrace in front of the orchard with products grown in the Plantier itself. We even had eggs collected from Briggite's hens. The place is really beautiful, with wonderful trees, flowers and two highland cows!! I really recommend the Plantier to anyone wanting to explore Hyeres, the Porquerolles and the Cote d'azur.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A D
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful weekend at la Bastide du Plantier in Hyeres and all I can say is lucky you for finding this place.

It was my first time in Provence and indeed the south of France and was made all the more special because of the warm welcome offered by Brigitte and her family. The term B&B does not really encompass the wonderful accommodation on offer here. The family's home is akin to a farmhouse on a large plot of stunning Provencal countryside, which is close enough to the city centre while still being very quiet and detached. The house and the neighbouring annex are perfectly picturesque and are surrounded by plenty of greenery, as well as the family's own stock of chickens, geese, cows and a huge pet dog.

There are only two double rooms at the property, both of which have en suite bathrooms. One is within the family home, while the other is more secluded in the neighbouring annex. There the bedroom and bathroom are to be found on the first floor, above a delightful open air lounge area. Whichever room you stay in, you will enjoy privacy, while also having the opportunity to sample some genuine Provencal hospitality. Brigitte and her husband are extremely friendly and helpful and are always happy to answer any questions. Brigitte prepares a lovely home-made breakfast (don't miss her jams), and can do further meals on request. There is a stunning patio area for enjoying a glass of the local rose and the couple are also happy to host you in their living room. Brigitte has recently started running cooking classes in her kitchen and she and her husband also have a boat which they offer for short sailing trips. You could probably do with a car if you're planning on staying here, but if not Brigitte will endeavour to pick you up from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyeres
Hotel les Orangers
Val d'Azur
Val d'Azur
#1 of 3 in Carqueiranne
Hotel Restaurant La Reine Jane

Been to La Bastide du Plantier? Share your experiences!