“Owned and run by a neanderthal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel les Orangers

Hotel les Orangers
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Hyeres
“Owned and run by a neanderthal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My girlfriend and I had booked three nights through booking.com, unfortunately my card didn't work. So I replied to their email asking how they want to proceed. They told me not to worry and pay on checkout. WE WERE DRIVING FROM VALENCIA IN SPAIN so I wanted to make sure my booking was guaranteed and sent my girlfriends visa. They replied again by saying they have no visa facility! I spoke again and told them I now have a new bank card would they like me to send it now? No was the answer. So we aerie only to be told they had us for one night!!! After a huge row the only thing they could say was do you want it or not? No sorry no nothing. They didn't offer to rectify the problem in any way. It was now around 23:00 and we were very tired. We told the neanderthal owner where to stick his hotel and left. Whilst this was going on my girlfriend used the toilet and said it was unclean, smelly and if the room was the same we would not of stayed anyway! A shame because it looked so good on the Internet!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank DavetheRug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Upon arrival we where really impressed with how cosy the hotel was, especially with the nice yard. We had one of the terrass rooms, which was okey for the price - except that the weak fa-n didn't really offer any relief from the +25 degree nights...

The breakfast was cheap, consisting of a baguette, some jam, tea or coffee, a croissant, a chocolate croissant and some juice. We would really have liked it if there was some fruits or yoghurts included. When checking out they charged us 7€ per breakfast, something they didn't inform us about upon arriving. Needless to say, them charging extra for such a weak breakfast was not appreciated by me or my company.

The service was fine and the hosts really nice. Wi-fi alright but not sufficient if you where in your room. We also had some problems with the hot water in the shower (but not in the sink next to it).

Overall an okey but not fantastic experience, the garden was kinda the whole deal. But for that price... I think I would return anyway - and skip their breakfast!

Room Tip: The terrass rooms are quite nice with the common area just outside your door. But a regular room wou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is conveniently located a 5 minute walk from the old city. BUT parking is a problem and you have to have luck to find a spot in the street. It is clean and the hosts are very friendly. However, the rooms are small, old fashioned and characterful but facilities are limited, as you would expect from a two star residence. This means a shower and only a ceiling fan but no air conditioning, which in the Summer was uncomfortable. Breakfast is basic French, but only 7 Euros a head and served in the garden.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Roma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Nice and quiet, 10 min walking from the center, situeted in a calm and beautiful street just on the side of the ex Grand hotel. Helpfull and smart owners, good breakfast served in the lovley garden: brad, croissant, coffee, orange juice and home made jam with the garden's trees. We had a little but cleen room at third floor. Ask for a garden view room, and a balcony room to, if possible. The only negative thing: our room was just in front of a service room, and from the early morning the maid started smashing the door and make a lot of noise. Anyway, an adress ti recomend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Very great spot to stay. We found it my chance simply by driving around. Very afforable rates and very cheap breakfast - on the terrace French style! make sure you try it. It has amasing patio with tables and chairs where we ate our diners making this a hidden quiet romantic place to stay. Very recommended. The owners are very sweet and go out of the way to land a hand.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

The rooms are basic but the location and the hosts were great. I was travelling alone and found Roselyne and Bernard to be extremely helpful. I booked an extra night and they made the change of room effortless. Plus, Bernard very kindly gave me a lift to the station after a much later than expected return. (I found the buses challenging and more than a bit hit and miss!) The courtyard is lovely and I felt safe. It takes a 5 min stroll to the town centre with music and restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for one that overlooks the garden courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AlohaVoyage
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

we stayed three nights here over easter and had a lovely time in Hyeres. A very good simple hotel, a short walk to the centre for shops and restaurants and near the old town. The hosts were very helpful, breakfast very French, room clean and functional. Very happy to come here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple