“Good for families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
London, United Kingdom
“Good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here with my 3 children and mother for 3 nights. We were met by Claude at the entrance who was extremely helpful with our bags as I unloaded 3 children and my elderly mother. He suggested I park in an adjacent parking (Palais des Congres) lot for a much cheaper 3 day rate. I was pleasantly surprised when I parked my car and Claude came to find me to make sure I knew how to purchase the correct ticket and find the closest exit to the hotel. Above and beyond helpful and friendly. Louise at the front desk was also extremely helpful - she always remembered who we were, was so friendly with my young children, and researched the answers to our questions. For example, when another colleague didn't know the price for children at the breakfast buffet and suggested that I ask at the restaurant, Louise overheard our conversation and called the restaurant immediately, and in a friendly and professional way informed her colleague so that she could pass along the information. The breakfast buffet is free for children under 12. My only service complaint would be at the breakfast buffet. I had to ask 3 servers who could clear a table for us. Each person I asked said that it wasn't their job, that there was someone in charge of the outside area. In the end I cleared a table myself and I saw others do the same. We didn't see a single staff person outside for over 15 minutes? Location is great, especially during the Jazz Festival. The beach club was wonderful, food great, open beach and safe swimming for children and really fun, young, friendly staff! A good experience overall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NHR51
Alina_Glomot1, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear NHR51,

I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I truly thank you for your positive comments about our staff, I assure you I have past your nice words to Louise and Claude.

I am happy to see that you have noticed the implication of our employees.

I hope to see you and your family back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Alina Glomot
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in the height of summer. This hotel is absolutely fantastic, great staff and great facilities. My Balcony was a great surprised and I loved the view from it.
The pool is great, clean and a relaxing area.
The in room tea and coffee facilities are the best I've seen.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank worldtravellerplus77
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

we stayed for 3 nights with another couple, the receptionist on arrival very pleasant and helpful
Lovely rooms, really dont get some if the negative comments on here, I mean 'how big do you need a bathroom to be '?? good showers, and comfortable beds,
Position is very good, 3 minute walk into juan le pin, and about 15 mins stroll into antibes, we used the. Lovely little train a few times..:-)
Only negative i would say, i think the price could include a continental breakfast, and agree about the taxi service, almost impossible to get a taxi in antibes or juan
But all round we had a fabulous time and would happily return. thank you :-)

Room Tip: We had 520 and was happy with it, friends had 519and they had a bigger balcony and a walk in shower...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during a meeting that was taking place in the meeting area of this hotel. I was mostly working so was inside the hotel a lot.
The room was fine. Working space, comfortable bed, balcony, storage space. It was clean. The only thing I don't get at some hotels is why they are against putting shower doors or at least a glass panel that is long enough so that water doesn't completely splash out all over the floor while you shower.
Breakfast was ok. A typical hotel spread and it was included in the price of my stay in this case. Getting rather busy now that summer has started so breakfast was a bit crowded.
The meeting facilities are alright. I was sitting outside the main room most of the time, so sometimes it gets a little noisy since the hotel has an open plan and if a large group is at reception, you will hear everyone.
I only got to have one lunch here and it was a typical 3 course French meal. I quite enjoyed it.
I did get room service a couple of times. One evening was rather slow so they gave me my glass of wine for free, which was nice of them.
What I don't like, especially in this day and age, why they still make people pay enormously for internet. Free wifi is only available in public areas and you need to pay extra for a room connection and of course even more for a fast connection and the prices are expensive. I fortunately had access through my colleague. So I count this as a bit of a ripoff.
I didn't get a chance to use the pool at all, but it looked nice!
Overall, it's a good hotel. For the price, I expect higher standards and it met them so it wasn't anything more or less than what I expected. But I think normally, I wouldn't pay this much for a bed anyway (even if my work is paying the tab) since I'm not sure what is so special about the place that justifies the price (other than the fact the hotel is along the French riviera). Based on this, this would be why I'm giving it the 3 dot rating. But if you just want to pay more for whatever reason, I can still say this is a reliable hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GloJul
Alina_Glomot1, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear GloJul,

Thank you for sharing your review about your last stay at AC Ambassadeur.

We appreciated your nice comments about our hotel and we are happy that you enjoyed the room.

For your information, wifi is free of charge in the public areas.

We look foward to see you again, to discover our outside summing pool.

Kind Regards,
Alina Glomot
Guest Relation Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall wonderful experience! Very professional staff. Reception girls are extremely good in providing high level service,friendly and helpful in any case. Receptionist Morgan just born to serve people and have the greatest professional skills ever! All Concierge staff is the best i have ever seen. Night Auditors caring and friendly.Most important that all staff is very well trained, they do care of them guest and make them feel like at home. This hotel has everything to provide high level service and you also feel safe and secure. Who loves French riviera holidays AC hotel Ambasador is located in most convenient, lovely town Juan-les-Pins next to Antibes. This place has something about it you wish to come back again and again!

Room Tip: My advice to chose-top floor or facing garden or pool rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent 3 great nights here earlier this month and must say its a great hotel in a great location! Nice clean modern rooms, good facilities (expensive bar!), but so close to all the action. Tip: don't get breakfast here there are loads of other places nearby with much nicer, authentic, better value for money breakfasts.

Room Tip: Not near the lifts!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice located hotel in JLP. The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor (heated) swining pool and has a small fitness room/area next to the indoor swiming pool. Bar and restaurant too, which I didn't visit. Plenty of cafés and restaurants nearby and a quite new Casino supermarket is a neighbour. It's only a few minutes walk down to the beach. I like JLP, it's small, very nice and close to Antibes, Nice and other villages. Ambassadeus is also near the Casino in JLP, if you're the gambling type :)

Ambassadeur is both for business and leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the outdoor pool, very nice! :) Could be a bit loud though during the eventing...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
charles r, General Manager at AC Hotel Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear RubyRed74,
Thank you very much for your nice comments. Always a pleasure for the team to read some positive comments. In fact our facilities are very nice and location is superbe to discover Juan les Pins or Antibes medieval city.
As you've experience, Hotel is surounded by lots of restaurant, shops, and pedestrian streets leading to our private sandy beach and restaurant.

Looking forward to welcome you back.
Kind regards,
Charles Richez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan-les-Pins
Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
#2 of 48 in Juan-les-Pins
La Villa
La Villa
#4 of 48 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to AC Hotel Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins? Share your experiences!