“Great Location, great value”

Hotel Le Grand Pavois
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night, but it was a great value for the location and room. Our room was upgraded upon arrival, so we had a great corner room with hardwood floors. The hotel staff was very helpful and very nice.

Parking is free anywhere around the hotel, which was useful for us.

The hotel was a quick 3 minute walk to the beach and they have a 20% off deal with one of the beach restaurants on the water, which was nice for us.

Very conveniently located to Antibes, Nice, St. Tropez, etc.

Would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingJulie123

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Booked through Expedia and when arrived was upgraded to a suite overlooking the bay area!! Both room and bathroom were very spacious. Close to park, beach and cafe district! Enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank cusinski12
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is my second time at this Hotel and WOW,,
, its a new Cocktail Lounge with Grand Piano, New Cocktail Bar and New Reception with FREE INTERNET hanging on the wall like a T V..Very shick.

It was ART DECOR modern design very nice.. Have a fabulous room they uppgraded me to the MINI SUITE balcony view over the sea..GREAT LARGE BED perfect

Excellent lunch DUCK SALLAD,,, Entrecote... Apple and mango dessert...excellent the chef came out and said HI. 4 mins to the beach so quiet location, up a side road residential area.

The director a charming lady was always on hand

Room Tip: Say how much you like the new design,,, they are so proud of it. Corner rooms are sunny in the afte...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I highly recommend this hotel, 1 street behind the beach you get excellent value for money and I would most definitely choose to stay here rather than the overpriced equivalents on the beach front.
I should ad that when we arrived, they seemed to have overlooked our booking (we did have confirmation, but there was clearly a problem and they had no record of it) after a few heart stopping moments, they were happy to upgrade us to a premium suite rather than the basic room we had booked and paid for, so this added luxury may have effected our experience here.

The room was very spacious with a very large bathroom. The room had a massive amount of living space and was very very comfortable. There was a small balcony that faced the sea (our room was directly on the curve of the hotel - see all photos) which was lovely to relax on. The white plastic balcony furniture was a little unimpressive. The room had very effective shutters which kept keep the room cool and dark at night. Noise was never a problem and the staff were very friendly and helpful even when our safe broke with everything in it! We didn't have any meals at this hotel so I am unable to comment on the food.

This hotel is perfectly located and amazing value for money - I really can't recommend enough.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna H
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Right from making my reservation directly with the hotel, up until check out, the entire experience could not have been better or more enjoyable. I was travelling from England, and they ordered a car to collect me on my behalf. The driver was a wealth of information on the area, sights, cafes, trains, etc. My room was spacious, as was the bathroom and wardrobe. There was a TV, refrigerator and a tea kettle was provided at my request. Check in staff were all friendly, and helpful with any questions I had regarding locations, transportation, etc. The view from my room was beautiful - faced the ocean, the church, pine and palm trees, and mountains on the horizon. I had a balcony with table and chairs. Internet was provided gratis, and it was quick and efficient. The hotel itself had a grand lobby, and an elegant dining room. Each day there was a set dinner menu in addition to the a la carte. A couple nights I dined in, and the entire dining experience was superb, from the food, the service, the ambience, and even the background music (sometimes jazz, other nights classical). The hotel location was ideal - right on the park, minutes from the beach and the town centre shops and cafes. It was a 20min walk to Antibes, and at the foot of the Cap D'Antibes. The room was quiet, perfectly clean, and I enjoyed some of the soundest sleep (night or an afternoon nap) I've had in a hotel. I appreciated that the front desk staff would speak english (or tolerate my french), and for their friendliness and help. I hope to return here sometime, and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in this area.

Room Tip: I had a corner room, facing the sea, and the view was spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We booked a suite for the three of us for a week-long stay and loved our suite with private balcony and view of the sea. The hotel is in a very safe and quiet neighborhood (just down the street from a church) but is close enough to the shops and market. If you're traveling with children, there's a park with a playground (and a couple of carnival rides that are open on the weekends) within walking distance.

The staff was outstanding! When we needed a taxi, they called one that drove a luxury car. He not only was a safe driver but went the extra mile to give us a private tour of the surrounding areas - off the meter!

The decor is very plain and dated, but the extremely soft, comfortable beds more than make up for it. The sofa / daybed was hard and very uncomfortable, though.

The bathroom was very large (larger than some hotels in New York) and even had a heated towel rack and make-up mirror.

A couple of draw-backs, though: no private beach (which means you have to walk about 1 mile to the public beach area), not all the staff speaks fluent English and there's no business center (so bring your laptop because there is supposedly WiFi).

Room Tip: Get a suite on an upper floor with a balcony facing the sea. The sunrises and sunsets are worth the...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have had a lovely peaceful stay here,despite it being so close to the action of Juan les pins.After hectic days and nights in this buzzing town the hotel is a haven.As my wife has aspinal problem we always request a twin room which often causes trouble especially in france ,however here we were upgraded to a junior suite despite it being peak season.The recepion staff were most helpful.The clientele of the hotel are mostly aged french,who are obviously regulars ,I can understand why .There may be more modern hotels with more facilities ,but for price and location it would be hard to beat and we are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan-les-Pins
Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
#1 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins
La Villa Cap d'Antibes
La Villa Cap d'Antibes
#5 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to Hotel Le Grand Pavois? Share your experiences!