“Good value for money”

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
London
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We found the Best Western to be relatively comfortable and good value for money. The hotel seemed quite tired looking and our aircon didn't work, however we were only staying one night so we weren't too bothered. It was close to the centre and quiet so overall it was a good stay

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed there with kids and had a large family room with a double bed (Convertible sofa) for our kid. The hotel is a little bit worn-out in some parts, the breakfast is limited, but the room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is close to the city center but in a quiet and safe area (5 minutes walk and you are on the sandy beaches). Parking is not difficult in the hotel street as well (I don't know in august anyway). Definitely less charming as others we staied in in JP and no swimming pool, but the price is appropriate. If you go there, get to the top floor and on the terrace, you will have a nice view of the gulf and town.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Not a bad hotel. Location not great, however views from the rooms are nice.

Its quiet an old hotel, but keeps pretty well. The rooms are decent size and clean.

For a budget stay it is worth the money.

There is a great resturant down road opposite the park called LE PERROQUET. Check it out.......excellent!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We stayed here for a week in August. It was just what we were looking for. Good 3 star! Room was a very good size. We had a small balcony which overlooked trees and an open yard - If you looked to the left, you could see a peep of the water. The room was quiet and comfortable and serviced every day. Overall, the experience was much to our satisfaction. We asked for tea and coffee supplies and we were given the tray which we had for our entire stay. Getting to the hotel, we took the 100 bus from Nice airport. We waited an awfully long time for it but it took us to Juan Les Pins. We got off at stop Regence and walked about 15-20 mins from there. We had printed a google map and I would highly recommend you do this. We got the bus back to the airport (it takes an hour and the bus is jam packed) but the alternative is a taxi (which is about €80 I was told or the hotel shuttle at €60 – good if you have a group). The hotel actually told us to go to a bus stop that had been closed so I recommend you obtain a bus map and make sure you find a stop where the 100 will pick you up from. FYI you can get a train from Nice St Augustin but apparently you have to walk a pretty hard 15-20 mins to get to the terminals…the option is there though. The train station staff spoke good English (as did the hotel). The hotel was perfectly situated in relation to the town. 5 minutes are you in the middle of town ready to sit down at a restaurant. It is also a short walk to free public beaches (10-15 mins) as well as all the beaches that you pay €15-25 per day for). We used the free beaches every day and although they were crowded, they were lovely. If you keep walking along the promenade there is about a mile of free public beach there which is lovely. There are one or two small public beaches about 5 mins from the hotel.

We took the train to Cannes (€2.60 each way) and we also did a day trip to Monaco (€12 return). Quick and easy from the station (10 mins walk from hotel). Supermarket is 5mins walk from the hotel. Ask reception to direct you there. I highly recommend Les Arcades restaurant (near the supermarket). For €17 before 8pm you get a 3 course meal and the quality of the food is fantastic. The restaurant up from Les Arcades – Place de lys is also great. For cocktails, I’d recommend Pam Pam –cheaper than the bar across the road Le Crystal and the cocktails are just as good. Take a beach umbrella if you have one…

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Macatravel
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 25 November 2007

As a woman traveling alone I try to pick my hotels very carefully. This one looked to be a good price and well-located, and I speak French fairly well so I was not at all intimidated by my surroundings. I stayed there for four or five nights last July and it was not a very good experience. Okay, so it's not the hotel's fault that BA lost my luggage for the two weeks altogether I was in France, but being in Juan les Pins (or any seaside town) without clothes or a swimming suit and a carefully selected stack of books was a little frustrating. When I arrived late on a Sunday evening from the airport (sans baggage), I was shown a room which had a view of trashcans and the back of the kitchen or some other service rooms. I immediately asked to be moved and their only response was that there was a junior suite available for an extra 60 or 80 euros per night. I took it because I was exhausted and cranky without my luggage. I ate a late pasta dinner in their restaurant, which was nice (but I had fatty, very tough steak the next evening). Each day when I asked if the airline had called or delivered my suitcase, I was met with huge sighs from one desk person in particular. My bag never arrived and each day I wore the same clothes until I could buy some new ones. A little sympathy would have been appreciated. One night I had a drink in their lounge and the piano man tried to pick up on me. He sat right down next to me and started talking even though I was reading a book--which I thought was unprofessional for a hotel employee. When I checked out, they tried to over charge me by about 150 Euros. Long story short. I wouldn't stay there again. Also, the nearest internet place is a long walk from the hotel. Don't eat breakfast there. The first place you see as you walk down the hill toward the shopping area and turn right (on the first corner there with a few outside tables) is excellent and a much better price.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank BijouxfromPasadena
London, England
Reviewed 4 October 2007

The Le Grand Pavois is in a really nice quiet area HOWEVER there is a school opposite so be aware if you go during school term Sept-June the noise starts a little before 8am and continues every 1 1/2 hours. Unfortunately our room was located on the 2nd floor towards the end and all requests to move were met with upgrades to a suite at an extra 60Euros a day. As we were there for a week we made the best of it and got up early.
On the other hand we asked for tea/coffee making facilities and they appeared immediately, the reception organised taxis promptly.
Oddly loo roll and soap seemed to be rationed! Not just by us I overheard other guests requesting extra at reception. Plus our chamber maid was most put out if we weren't out of our room by 10am.
Juan les pins is a fantastic area, loads to do, great restaurants. It was just a shame that for our visit things seemed a little out of sorts!

• Liked — Location in Juan les pins is ideal. Short walk to everywhere.
  • Disliked — Noise from school opposite woke us up every single day. Maybe heavier curtains would have helped!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne22
worcs
Reviewed 13 July 2007

The hotel is in a great place just between Juan Les Pins and Antibes. The staff very freindly and helpfull. If you like walking you can walk around the Cap to the headland,some wonderfull Villas to be seen on the way. Also great for seeing Cannes, Nice and Monaco.Bus and train services are very good.Had a wonderfull holiday with great weather.

• Liked — Very clean and well decorated freindly staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bmwWorcs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan-les-Pins
Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
#9 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins
Les Strelitzias
Les Strelitzias
#6 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to Hotel Le Grand Pavois? Share your experiences!