“Best hotel I've ever stayed at.”

Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I fell in love with the hotel when I saw some of the pictures in a catalogue, so we decided to stay there for 10 days in July.
When I first saw my room I was very happy because it looked just like in the pictures that I had seen.
The view was perfect, I could see the pool and the ocean from my balcony. My mum had another room (less expensive) and her view wasn't the same. She could only see the ocean (not the part of the beach belonging to the hotel).
Anyway I think that the bed was very comfortable and I really liked the bathroom because it looked modern and had everything I could ask for (shower & bathtub).
The wardrobe was big enough to fit all of my clothes in there and the laptop fit into the safe, nothing to complain about.

The food at the hotel was very good. I loved the hamburgers and the pasta! The only bad thing about the whole thing is that it's pretty expensive, but looking at the room prices it should be clear that it isn't exactly a cheap hotel. So the food is expensive but it also tastes VERY good so I don't regret spending my money on it.

The service was excellent, one day after arriving at the hotel, there was a little reception for the new guest. Some people who work at the hotel (managers of different things etc.) were there to talk to the guests, ask if everything was alright with they're rooms etc. They also offered free champagne and snacks during this reception.

The pool isn't very big but as it's only a few metres away from the beach that's not a big problem. I also really liked that there is a partitioning between the pool and the deck chairs.

Arriving in South France, we had rented a car, so we could easily drive to Cannes (15 min. from Madelieu) or other nice places (St. Raphael, Monaco). There is a big supermarket in Mandelieu which is always good in case you run out of shampoo, want to buy a new book or anything else.

I would definitely recommend the hotel and I'm also planning to go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole H
Marie V, Responsable relations clients at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear VeroXx,
Thank you for your comments in details about your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu. We are very pleased that it was a good experience for you and your mother. It always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and it serves as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We very much appreciate your recommendation to our hotel.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely,
Marie Voyer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

this hotel is not in the middle of Cannes and hence not very near to possibly where all the action is. But the walks from the hotel can be invigorating. some small restaurants are accessible and it could get you good food at affordable costs. the access to the golf course can be an additional attraction.

Room Tip: take rooms with view of the sea. as high a floor as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Marie V, Responsable relations clients at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Kumarraja,
Thank you to taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino. We are at only 10 minutes to the famous place "la Croisette" by car and we are on waterfront, overlooking the bay of Cannes and the Lerins Islands. The next time, do not hesitate to ask at the reception the jogging map. We have different way near the sea. We can also propose you the Old Course golf at walking distance, in front of the hotel. Our team will be happy to deliver you the best adresses at walking distance according to your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Been to Cannes several times for MIPTV and MIPCOM. Compared to every other hotels I've stayed in, this one is super comfortable, has a great design, nice grounds and is not that far away from the Palais, considering there is a free shuttle to and from the hotel. French people don't really seem to bother speaking English to tourists but here, staff was quite friendly.
I had a spacious room with a nice balcony with sea view, just lovely and relaxing after a long day's work.

Room Tip: Try to avoid bedrooms in front of the elevators as I imagine they should be noisy during convention...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cindy B,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and we hope to receive you soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

When I first arrived, it was great, the scenery was awesome out the lobby into the beautiful beach. From then on, it was basically, "just ok".

Being located away from the heart of the city has definitely its flaws.
Taxis are fairly pricy in the city, traveling between the hotel and La Croisette is about 30 Euros one way. So taxis add to be a bit of an additional expense. I think the challenge is that there are nothing in terms of attractions around this area. So unless you really want to golf, I would probably not want to choose Pullman as my first choice.

Although the benefits of Pullman is that the space is reasonable (considering the whole city is old in nature), a great view and that the price is reasonable (for cannes).

No food is really around the area, nothing good anyways other than Restaurant Le Boucanier which is a few minutes walk away.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that the rooms are dated and internet didn't work properly for 4 out of the 7 days stay here... Disappointing!!! How do you do work?

In summary, no attractions, no shopping, no dining, no entertainment (okay well theres a small casino attached)

Room Tip: Dont pay for the breakfast, use that money for the cab and get out into the city where you could get...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kings
Reviewed 25 October 2013

In the bay of Cannes one can easily walk over to the port facility of Mandelieu-la-Napoule as well as pass the ancient Roman tower ans visit restaurants in the city center. Breakfast is also served at the beach side tha can be overseen from large terrace. Nice bar as well. Worth staying.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Really nice pool and beach area with plenty of sunloungers. Try to get a deal with breakfast as €23 per head is too expensive. Easy to get to Cannes and Nice (including airport) as long as you check the train timetable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Tale of two halves,sometimes good sometimes hopeless. Two good melas,two awful meals,some staff brilliant others awful. Can't change money,told have to go to Cannes then found cash machine downstairs. Couldn't get into restaurant when wanted due to poker tournament,told one evening don't think we have any cheese!!! Plenty in the business buffet though. Told couldn't have any. Jets and planes taking off prevent snooze on beach or pool. Room really good and good view,housekeeping smashing and well cleaned every day.
Could be superb but staff and food need consistency .

Room Tip: Rear view ones
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandelieu-la-Napoule
Hotel Ermitage Du Riou Cannes-Mandelieu
Hotel Ermitage Du Riou Cannes-Ma...
#2 of 17 in Mandelieu-la-Napoule
Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Ibis Cannes Mandelieu
Ibis Cannes Mandelieu
#8 of 17 in Mandelieu-la-Napoule

Been to Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino? Share your experiences!